Video 2017 NSX = slowest supercar

Looks cool but not 250k cool. The older gen NSX and S2000s are the last 'real' Hondas, in my opinion though.

Much more beautiful:
sQjOf.jpg

Original NSX-R Track run vs - New 2017 NSX Track Run

Honestly, they tried, but it does seem to be a let down by most pro track drivers.
I see the older gen being a lot more fun to drive because you have to actually work the car, not having all the different stability bullshit, 2 assisting front mounted engines ...
Watch this video and you'll see what I mean (if you haven't seen it b4)

Not too many people on this forum or others had the chance to push C class Honda engines to redline everyday to work.
Mine was only SOHC, am I had a lot of fun.

Original NSX-R Track run vs - New 2017 NSX Track Run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcD1To6vsAo

Honestly, they tried, but it does seem to be a let down by most pro track drivers.
I see the older gen being a lot more fun to drive because you have to actually work the car, not having all the different stability bullshit, 2 assisting front mounted engines ...
Watch this video and you'll see what I mean (if you haven't seen it b4)

Not too many people on this forum or others had the chance to push C class Honda engines to redline everyday to work.
Mine was only SOHC, am I had a lot of fun.

The problem with old C class honda engine was the feeling of going fast but it was not the case

I remember when i got my rsx type-S (k20a2 engine, an even better series compare to c series) i put an Injen CAI, jesus chris the sound was amazing, i had a feeling it was a rocket, especially when ivtec kick in at 6000 rpm. But damn that car was slow compare to my MK7 GTI or even my Genesis Coupe V6.

Agreed, the sound is fast ... but after 5200rpm, both C series had secondary intake butterflies that opened up 15% more air into the intake no vtec, just air ...
+120mph even my sohc moved nice to red line.
check videos when ur bored those were all around 170whp
car finished with 193whp

I have not read about anything that the acura NSX 2016-2017 was engineered by japanese people. Let's remember, Acura is a honda company to rip off white people / north Americans so from this philosophy , you can understand that its already not related to the 1st gen NSX. The original NSX was PURELY engineered by JAPANESE in JAPAN. Not in AMERICA by AMERICANS. Of course they would want to throw every possible TECH in there while Japanese are all about simplicity.

Oh and who was the chief engineer for the new acura nsx? Ted Klaus. Designed by ? Michelle Christensen. <----- Both Not japanese. Doesn't know sht about the root of Honda. Of course "Comfort" is #1 priority.

1st gen nsx Chief Designer Masahito Nakano and Executive Chief Engineer Shigeru Uehara. Also was in charge of the Honda S2000.

From this perspective, you can already understand that the 1st gen NSX is the TRUE AUTHENTIC honda product and as the 2nd gen NSX is a SUPERCAR designed for the north american market.
This...

Sent from my E2306 using Tapatalk

I have not read about anything that the acura NSX 2016-2017 was engineered by japanese people. Let's remember, Acura is a honda company to rip off white people / north Americans so from this philosophy , you can understand that its already not related to the 1st gen NSX. The original NSX was PURELY engineered by JAPANESE in JAPAN. Not in AMERICA by AMERICANS. Of course they would want to throw every possible TECH in there while Japanese are all about simplicity.

Oh and who was the chief engineer for the new acura nsx? Ted Klaus. Designed by ? Michelle Christensen. <----- Both Not japanese. Doesn't know sht about the root of Honda. Of course "Comfort" is #1 priority.

1st gen nsx Chief Designer Masahito Nakano and Executive Chief Engineer Shigeru Uehara. Also was in charge of the Honda S2000.

From this perspective, you can already understand that the 1st gen NSX is the TRUE AUTHENTIC honda product and as the 2nd gen NSX is a SUPERCAR designed for the north american market.

Yes, exactly. Typical american corporate BS & trying to use nostalgia to sell (like movies today).

This new "NSX" does not come from the birthplace of the true NSX. It was ZERO race drivers working with development (Senna, Rahal). So many things wrong with this new car. They made some mediocre supercar, had some blonde with a fat ass design it (instead of Pininfarina) & made it look like a boring ass R8 but 10 years too late then throw on a ton of technology to make the car a fat overweight whale. They slapped the NSX name on it & try convince dumb American's that it's the true & new "NSX". Some people have fallen for it but thankfully some people are smart enough.

Oh yeah the NSX was designed after Honda DOMINATED F1 with McLaren. WTF is Honda doing now? What ads are they going to run to show their "F1 inspired tech" in their new "supercar". Show vids of the F1 hybrid exploding? Radio transmissions because of needed fuel saving because pool fuel economy? lol (I understand all about F1, the engines...the tech....the supid token regulations)

old nsx is only nsx

1994-acura-nsx-brooklands-green-pearl-5-speed-272-4.JPG

Brooklands Green 1st gen > everything else

Tbk lol, chacun ses gouts mais je me suis toujours dis que quand j'allais avoir un dentier et que j'allais commencer à être incontinent, j'allais m'acheter un char vert forêt...

Aussi acheter une NSX beige camry tant qu'à moi :bigup:

a plus de 250 000 la nouvelle NSX, y a du contender pas mal plus interessant dans cette gamme de prix,mclaren,lambo,audi R8,une GT3rs, etc... Dans le temps la NSX jouait dans la couche de prix intermediaire(85k USD si je me souvient) et avait amené tout les europeens a faire leur devoirs. Cette nouvelle NSX est juste un autre boring supercar automatisé qui va aider a maintenir la valeur des NSX first gen.

Je suis pas mal d'accord avec les commentaires sur la nouvelle NSX. Par contre je trouve que c'est une très belle voiture pour l'avoir vu en vrai. Afin de la mettre a la page, Honda devrai produire une version spéciale un peu comme ils ont fait auparavant avec la Type R. Il pourrait même l'appeler Type R aussi. Enlever le système hybride, enlever le SH-AWD, swapper la Dct-9 pour une manuelle 6 ou 7vit, enlever 300-400 kg, enlever une liste d'option de 50k hors de prix et surtout enlever 50k-75k $ au prix de détails . L'attitude un peu trou de cul des concessionaires lors du lancement n'ont certainement pas aidé à faire décoller les ventes. Il y avait des "ajustements de prix du marché" de l'ordre de 50K en haut du prix du PDSF... Ça a du refroidir quelques acheteurs potentiels qui ont du plutôt y trouver leur compte ailleurs et maintenant ils sont prit avec. Mauvaise idée de mise en marché.
Une version allégée, plus centrée sur les sensations de conduite ferai du bien. Quelques chose un peu comme la Cayman GT4, qu'elle pourrait concurrencer. Juste a regarder la vidéo de l'essai des 2 générations des premières Type-R, je pense qu'avec cette optique ils pourraient faire quelque chose de bien,

Last edited:
exact, amene moi une NSX a 3000 lbs, pas de fla fla, juste l'essentiel, avec une bonne vieille transmission manuelle faite par honda, +- 400 hp pas hybrid avec un prix competitif, pis on a une nsx qui respecte l'esprit de la vraie nsx ...

Any track car needs to be beaten around a track.
If they were trying to make a supercar well they did, but by doing that, they lost Senna's spirit
He is rolling in his grave, pissing down on Honda for allowing this to happen.

The video I shared shows how you need to kick the shit out of the 1st gen R to get low lap times.
The new one cannot be driven in that way. It will not allow you to.
Even new Porsche still have the 'old beat me up' out of the factory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJJJKulLpZA

Je suis pas mal d'accord avec les commentaires sur la nouvelle NSX. Par contre je trouve que c'est une très belle voiture pour l'avoir vu en vrai. Afin de la mettre a la page, Honda devrai produire une version spéciale un peu comme ils ont fait auparavant avec la Type R. Il pourrait même l'appeler Type R aussi. Enlever le système hybride, enlever le SH-AWD, swapper la Dct-9 pour une manuelle 6 ou 7vit, enlever 300-400 kg, enlever une liste d'option de 50k hors de prix et surtout enlever 50k-75k $ au prix de détails . L'attitude un peu trou de cul des concessionaires lors du lancement n'ont certainement pas aidé à faire décoller les ventes. Il y avait des "ajustements de prix du marché" de l'ordre de 50K en haut du prix du PDSF... Ça a du refroidir quelques acheteurs potentiels qui ont du plutôt y trouver leur compte ailleurs et maintenant ils sont prit avec. Mauvaise idée de mise en marché.
Une version allégée, plus centrée sur les sensations de conduite ferai du bien. Quelques chose un peu comme la Cayman GT4, qu'elle pourrait concurrencer. Juste a regarder la vidéo de l'essai des 2 générations des premières Type-R, je pense qu'avec cette optique ils pourraient faire quelque chose de bien,

Spoken from someone who owns 3 NSX
Totally agree, strip down 1000lbs of bullshit eletricity and assist
Sell a new model, NSX - T

Il existe une Honda qui respecte l'esprit d'époque, c'est la S660. Léger, manuel, rwd, simple.

Back