Chesterman's best of Montreal restos for 2015

no proper steakhouse on that list.

there's no good steakhouses in montreal in my opinion... I've tried them all and was never impressed. For the price you're paying, go get yourself a nice dry ages ribsteak or porterhouse, get yourself a sous-vide machine and finish that that in a nice cast iron pan with a bunch of butter and herbs or on the bbq.

The only steakhouses that I've been really impressed with are the ones in New York. More specifically Peter Luger, Wolfgang's and Del Frisco's.

there's no good steakhouses in montreal in my opinion... I've tried them all and was never impressed. For the price you're paying, go get yourself a nice dry ages ribsteak or porterhouse, get yourself a sous-vide machine and finish that that in a nice cast iron pan with a bunch of butter and herbs or on the bbq.

The only steakhouses that I've been really impressed with are the ones in New York. More specifically Peter Luger, Wolfgang's and Del Frisco's.

Same here. Did you tried Mediterraneo on rue St-Louis. I was quite impressed actually.

you lost me at butter. but to each their taste.

You're right. I always book a steakhouse when i go to NY. Never tried Peter Luger, i might try it next time. Del Frisco is fantastic.

You're right. I always book a steakhouse when i go to NY. Never tried Peter Luger, i might try it next time. Del Frisco is fantastic.

del friscos -> crab cakes + bone-in ribeye. wow.

I find the peter luger experience a lot less refined. It's barebones in my opinion. It's basically like a bunch of tables with no table cloth, very modest atmosphere, old school servers. Reminds me a bit of gibby's, but with no tablecloths. The steak is amazing though... probably one of the best.

Overall, my favorite experience has been at Wolfgang's. It feels less "intense" then Del Frisco's (if you've been to the one on Ave. of Americas you'll know what I mean!) and the meat's amazing.

del friscos -> crab cakes + bone-in ribeye. wow.

I find the peter luger experience a lot less refined. It's barebones in my opinion. It's basically like a bunch of tables with no table cloth, very modest atmosphere, old school servers. Reminds me a bit of gibby's, but with no tablecloths. The steak is amazing though... probably one of the best.

Overall, my favorite experience has been at Wolfgang's. It feels less "intense" then Del Frisco's (if you've been to the one on Ave. of Americas you'll know what I mean!) and the meat's amazing.

Yes the one a Ave. of Americas feels intense. The one in Vegas is more relax.

Des suggestions autour du parc olympique? j'ai deja une reservation chez Hoogan mais c'est pas a l'heure de mon choix.

Des suggestions autour du parc olympique? j'ai deja une reservation chez Hoogan mais c'est pas a l'heure de mon choix.

Hogan ces pas proche du parc olympique ... haha

Tanerie , Etat major , Canaille , Valois

On est alle chez hoogan et beaufort finalement. Un de mes restos préférés et plus abordable que les restos au centre ville.

En plus, pas mal sur que j'ai eu un direct eye contact avec l'ex de Guy Turcotte... Weird AF.

Back