Incoming snowstorm - Enjoy your AWD/4X4s boys and girls!

74176560_723779604770887_3029009235779256320_n.jpg

Ca grafigne comme sur l'asphalte des Hakka 9 ca aucun sens

Mon trajet au travail à matin était plaisant, m'a passer un bel hiver

My post is semi-trolling, semi-my opinion.

If people need studs to brake in our winter conditions, I do truly hope those people stay off the road, cause I am scared to get rear ended

Studs are good for braking on ice / snow, even better in some situations just to start / drive. My opinion is based on last year, my fwd econobox did not stutter once with studs and basic winter tires (Hercules). During the big storms i have seen small suvs get stuck, half of my neighbors had trouble including me in the minivan with new Bridgestone tires. The big weather temperature fluctuations left half a foot of ice in the driveways at all time, the studs really saved me at times, zero issues man, I love it. Its not for everybody but really worth in some cases, no need to be a hater. Here is a pic of the ice after fighting in march, shit was ridiculous :

20190304-131206.jpg

I went studs this year because of the annoying ice last year on side streets and added safety of having that extra braking/avoidance margin. So far so good. Fucking amazing

That too, Laval was pretty bad at some spots, literally ice rinks.

Expect the same thing if we have +10 then -20 every other day.

That too, Laval was pretty bad at some spots, literally ice rinks.

Expect the same thing if we have +10 then -20 every other day.
Issue was last year the first snow fall was never cleaned around here. Then it rained, froze and streets were ruined. This year the no parking signs are already up for street cleaning and the sidewalks have been be done.

Looking at some tires and patterns you can sorta tell how they were going to drive.
Also it was around 300$ difference to get top line tires/ the absolute because vs mid range stuff. I'm not going to cry over 300$ if there is a chance an accident can be avoided or slightly less stress for my wife driving to work at 6am.

I have had top of the line tires perform poorly plenty of times compared to mid range....but you probably know better than me.

What do you have?

Back