Cryptkeeper's '04 TL

Cryptkeeper

MR staff member
Finally picked myself up a manual car. I've been driving smart cars around for the past 4 years trying to save up money for my house, but the GF and I split up and I was looking at spending that money on a 335xi or a5.

instead I decided to save that money and went out and bought a TL from a member of this forum, sat in the parking lot at work and said to myself "OK mo, now you need to learn how to drive this thing." So yeah, I stalled a lot. anyways, it's been 4 days now and I'm doing a lot better. I want to do some resto's on it, but it's not going to be like any of the rides in this sub forum, :p probably just fix up the rust, wrap it and maybe throw on some new shoes...

8c7023ff9a06dde7939f55968436b20e.jpg
70443a9f4f45645046ae8bae5da829c0.jpg
4b807528b1d8a186e2cdfd23b3f2104e.jpg

Nice pickup... always loved this car.

LSD and Brembos up front... can't go wrong!!
A-Spec skirts all around for next summer and it will look unreal.

What is it lowered on?

Je dois me tromper parce qu'il n'y avait pas de Type S en 2004... besoin d'être éclairé un peu

04-05 had TL Dynamics. Brembos,lips,v6 6mt but still 3.2

Then 06-08 had TL-S . 3.5 290hp

Nice car bud will follow

EDIT : Manual transmission models featured Brembo 4-Piston front brake calipers, a Torsen-type limited slip differential, stiffer anti-roll bars front and rear and performance tires at no additional cost.

As of March 2004, Honda offers to the public a factory-sanctioned "tuner package" version of the TL called the TL A-SPEC. This version features a suspension tuned by Makoto Tamamura, an indication of the TL A-SPEC's aggressive engineering. In addition, an underbody kit, spoiler, limited edition A-SPEC steering wheel, "A-SPEC" badge on the back, and 18-inch (460 mm) wheels are standard issue on the A-SPEC package. When installed at purchase, the car's 4 year/ 50,000 miles (80,000 km) warranty applies to the package as well

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah, its not the type s, its the regular tl with the brembos. It's lowered on teins coilovers(seller had them on already) need to raise it for the winter.

I'd like to get the aspec kit for it, or just another kit (nothing flashy) since the bumpers are a bit scratched up. I don't know if I want to wrap it in matte metallic blue, grey or red.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

04-05 had TL Dynamics. Brembos,lips,v6 6mt but still 3.2

Then 06-08 had TL-S . 3.5 290hp

Nice car bud will follow

EDIT : Manual transmission models featured Brembo 4-Piston front brake calipers, a Torsen-type limited slip differential, stiffer anti-roll bars front and rear and performance tires at no additional cost.

As of March 2004, Honda offers to the public a factory-sanctioned "tuner package" version of the TL called the TL A-SPEC. This version features a suspension tuned by Makoto Tamamura, an indication of the TL A-SPEC's aggressive engineering. In addition, an underbody kit, spoiler, limited edition A-SPEC steering wheel, "A-SPEC" badge on the back, and 18-inch (460 mm) wheels are standard issue on the A-SPEC package. When installed at purchase, the car's 4 year/ 50,000 miles (80,000 km) warranty applies to the package as well

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

Les années des TL c'est :

04-06 = Dynamic 3.2
07-08 = Type-S 3.5

Yeah, its not the type s, its the regular tl with the brembos. It's lowered on teins coilovers(seller had them on already) need to raise it for the winter.

I'd like to get the aspec kit for it, or just another kit (nothing flashy) since the bumpers are a bit scratched up. I don't know if I want to wrap it in matte metallic blue, grey or red.

Got my full A-Spec kit for $780 USD shipped from a vendor on Acurazine last year. Although I had to have it repainted as many colours are discontinued or out of stock. Good luck!

http://acurazine.com/forums/sponsored-sales-group-buys-10/spec-kit-group-buy-under-$750-shipped-802311/
http://www.endlessrpm.com/a-spec/

I'm really having fun driving it :p put over a thousand clicks on it already. Need to take it for a tune up soon at kns

Had a spare hour this weekend and some spare really old di-noc so I wrapped my console sides. I haven't wrapped anything in a year or so so it felt good to do it again

Once again my stupid tapatalk isn't uploading pics so I'll attach them later

Got my full A-Spec kit for $780 USD shipped from a vendor on Acurazine last year. Although I had to have it repainted as many colours are discontinued or out of stock. Good luck!

http://acurazine.com/forums/sponsored-sales-group-buys-10/spec-kit-group-buy-under-$750-shipped-802311/
http://www.endlessrpm.com/a-spec/

Well now I NEED a kit for it, lol! I was parallel parking in mtl and while turning scraped snow which turned out to be ice, and in -20, shattered my bumper corner! Lol

Back