The official 2018-19 "Optimistic Kijiji Car For sale thread"

Not sure if serious

$4000 for a 20 years old 300 000km car

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
300k on this car is basically 1/3rd of its life if it was taken care of and it looks like it was. $4000 really means $3500 cash in person, too. You can have this car for another 20 years and possibly reach a million KMs if you don't winter drive it and of course don't beat the shit out of it. One does not simply kill a mid 90s Lexus/Toyota, it just doesn't happen unless you're completely retarded and don't change the oil on time

I bought a 91 ls400 recently. Body is in rough shape but runs real nice. It only has 280km, just finished breaking her in :) I will be driving it this winter

One does not simply kill a mid 90s Lexus/Toyota, it just doesn't happen unless you're completely retarded and don't change the oil on time

This statement is true for some toyotas but not the ls400. I have owned a few and they do need a certain amount of maintenance. More than your average car but less than other rival luxury barges.

I try to restrain myself from making posts regarding the aircooled Porsche market but here's an example of someone who's trying to make a quick buck...
This car was actually owned by an MR member years ago (jo8 or something like that) and when it left QC, it apparently did indeed have a 3.2l engine. When I saw it for sale a few months ago I was actually interested in making a project out of it, but after tallying up the numbers it just seemed to be a complete waste of money. I was thinking of a black wrap, Strosek wheels and LS conversion...

The car seems to now have a 3.0l in it and not a 3.2l as advertised (I wonder how much it stresses just by lugging those 20" wheels around), and I still have the PO's pics which show that the paint doesn't show so well (some nice fisheyes and orange peel present in private pics I was sent). In 1978, this car also started off as a Targa, so aside from the repaint and subjective body styling, the car has extensive body work done to it.

All that to say that the car that could have been purchased for $25k a couple of months ago (no secret, the ad had thousands of hits and when posted on eBay it didn't have one bid at 20kUSD), is now on kijiji for a ridonculous $65k

God... American cars from the 80s should all just be brought to crushers... Worst era of automotive history.

usually you're not too far off, but you just fell a notch in my book.. big time. Pretty ignorant statement, just because you dont like them does not make them bad. It's probably the most important era of auto history, think about how primitive cars were before the 80's.
90% of the tech we use today on cars was developed and put in practice in the 80's on american cars, just because it didnt work well back then does not mean it wasnt revolutionary, it has to start somewhere.

hell at least the american companies were trying back then, almost every new model Cadillac had some new tech in it. Digital Dashes, bucket seats + sunroofs became mainstream, all the american companies were using turbos (ahead of the Japs) companies went from full frame to unibodys, cars that actually handle well came from the 80's.
I can list so much more, but I wont bother.

God... American cars from the 80s should all just be brought to crushers... Worst era of automotive history.

1987-buick-grand-national-front-quarter.jpg

101519846_DeLorean-DMC-12-ReduxEyevine-xlarge_trans++qMKo2z_7YU_WfwkpJGaSMkWQ2KsSeoXntDmU1Wc8Jvc.jpg

1985-firebird-2.jpg

GTHatchback2.jpg

The fox body bro. The fox body..

I know you're trying, but that list is so incomplete, there were even cooler cars than those. I dont even know where to start, the americans were importing and re-badging cool cars by the tons.

Bricklin SV1, Chrysler Conquest, The DeTamaso Pantera had a Ford engine, Corvette, Merkur XR4TI, Dodge "GLH" series, Fox Body Saleen, Ford Sierra Cosworth, Ford RS200, Lincoln Mark VII, Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, Mustang SVO, .... ETC

Sorry, I know my Fords. Dont know shit about GM, but I know they did alot too

Last edited:
Back