Article: Focus RS vs. Golf R

Are you comparing a MK6 with a MK7? You assume that the latest one is the same a the older gen? Lel.

Who will buy a RS, think of it for a second. Just look out there in the streets... Who are the ones buying an ST?

Do you believe in Santa Claus too?

As they say in Russia "same testicles, just viewed from another angle"

Every Golf R and STI owner / buyer is a potential Focus RS customer.

Potential. Only thing comparable is the fact that they both are AWD hatchbacks.

STI and RS are a closer match. I'll repeat it, the RS is race oriented. STI is a little bit less hardcore while the R is a sport oriented car.

Is it that difficult to understand? VW chose to build it in a more civilized way. It's like comparing a GTI with a ST. The ST is nervous and thrilling but the GTI does the same thing but with class, with more "ease".

Potential. Only thing comparable is the fact that they both are AWD hatchbacks.

STI and RS are a closer match. I'll repeat it, the RS is race oriented. STI is a little bit less hardcore while the R is a sport oriented car.

Is it that difficult to understand? VW chose to build it in a more civilized way. It's like comparing a GTI with a ST. The ST is nervous and thrilling but the GTI does the same thing but with class, with more "ease".

You're so condescending, I want to puke in your face.

Ford obviously takes a more radical, in your face approach. However, both cars compete directly. Take both cars on a track and you'll realize how capable a Golf R is. I know, I've had some fun on LCMT with one and I drive a well-modified S4. And I use to drive a STI, so I'm well aware of what these cars can do.

You're so condescending, I want to puke in your face.

Ford obviously takes a more radical, in your face approach. However, both cars compete directly. Take both cars on a track and you'll realize how capable a Golf R is. I know, I've had some fun on LCMT with one and I drive a well-modified S4. And I use to drive a STI, so I'm well aware of what these cars can do.

I own one hahaha. You think you can school me about that stoopid fuck?

It's classier than a RS or STI but it's not in the "classy" category, no doubt.

You just said it: capable. In the market they do compete because on paper, there are few choices in that category. They are different car, for different people.

Capable of the same thing as the other one, but with a neuter "caracter".

Insulting a mod is smart.

I own one hahaha. You think you can school me about that stoopid fuck?

It's classier than a RS or STI but it's not in the "classy" category, no doubt.

You just said it: capable. In the market they do compete because on paper, there are few choices in that category. They are different car, for different people.

Capable of the same thing as the other one, but with a neuter "caracter".

Insulting a mod is smart.

I don't care about him insulting me. It shows how the only argument he can bring to the table is by calling me stoopid because "he owns ones". And what do you own, fine sir, that makes you such a reference in this very domain?

Oh and yeah, warning because I can. Lülz.

would not buy a golf R. it doesn't make sense to buy a "subdued" souped up econobox to me. it'd be RS vs 335xi.

unless the RS performs like crap (never drove one).

C'est drôle de lire tous ceux qui caractérisent la ST vs la R selon son look et des reviews semi-fiables.

Attendez-donc de l'essayer.

I don't care about him insulting me. It shows how the only argument he can bring to the table is by calling me stoopid because "he owns ones". And what do you own, fine sir, that makes you such a reference in this very domain?

Oh and yeah, warning because I can. Lülz.

Then it's probably ok for you to "puke in my face". Talking about condescending?

It's not like I am saying: oh no, they are not in the same category, therefore, you can't compare them.

Ford offers a raw version of a hot hatch. They are not hiding it. VW offers a hot hatch but in a different manner. I can't see myself driving a car that eye catching. Imagine a 40 year old that wants an AWD hatch... Guy walks in a VW dealer, sees a R and wonders if there is anything else on the market. He then enters in a Ford dealer to take a look at an RS and notices the big brakes, air ducts, spoiler and all the bits. He'll probably think it is "too much". Someone who shops for a RS WANTS those catchy details.

I am not classifying cars by their looks, but it adds up at the end of the line when you have to chose between 2 models in such a small category. Do you dress like an anarchist/punk when you are not one?

Hope I am clear enough, english is not my primary language. You can ban me if you want, I don't give a crap "Le modérateur".

I am not classifying cars by their looks

Could've fooled me!

T'sais quand t'as deux chars de la même dimension,avec le même type de carosserie (hatchback) avec presque la même puissance (300ish) et un système AWD performant qui ont sensiblement le même type d'équipement offert ET qui se vendent dans le même bracket de prix j'dirais que t'as plus de similitudes que de differences (style)

Dans un cas comme ça, sur la planète terre c'est généralement accepté que ces voitures la sont des compétiteurs / dans la même catégorie.

Just sayin'!

Then it's probably ok for you to "puke in my face". Talking about condescending?

It's not like I am saying: oh no, they are not in the same category, therefore, you can't compare them.

Ford offers a raw version of a hot hatch. They are not hiding it. VW offers a hot hatch but in a different manner. I can't see myself driving a car that eye catching. Imagine a 40 year old that wants an AWD hatch... Guy walks in a VW dealer, sees a R and wonders if there is anything else on the market. He then enters in a Ford dealer to take a look at an RS and notices the big brakes, air ducts, spoiler and all the bits. He'll probably think it is "too much". Someone who shops for a RS WANTS those catchy details.

I am not classifying cars by their looks, but it adds up at the end of the line when you have to chose between 2 models in such a small category. Do you dress like an anarchist/punk when you are not one?

Hope I am clear enough, english is not my primary language. You can ban me if you want, I don't give a crap "Le modérateur".

Your argument is shit.

These cars are cross shopped, hard, by a profile of buyers that would utterly surprize you. Speak to any salesman that sold EVOs, STIs, Golf R and are taking orders for RS, the guys that sweep these off the trucks before they're even in the showroom are all 45+ with grey hair wearing a tie for a living.

My 60 yr old dad went through 2 STIs before ending up with an R for 6 months and sold it because it was "soft". You're too hung up on clichés.

Could've fooled me!

[...] j'dirais que t'as plus de similitudes que de differences (style)

Dans un cas comme ça, sur la planète terre c'est généralement accepté que ces voitures la sont des compétiteurs / dans la même catégorie.

Just sayin'!

I agree. That's not my point.

Your argument is shit.

These cars are cross shopped, hard, by a profile of buyers that would utterly surprize you. Speak to any salesman that sold EVOs, STIs, Golf R and are taking orders for RS, the guys that sweep these off the trucks before they're even in the showroom are all 45+ with grey hair wearing a tie for a living.

My 60 yr old dad went through 2 STIs before ending up with an R for 6 months and sold it because it was "soft". You're too hung up on clichés.

Your 60 years old dad is not the common 60 years old man.

He sold it because it was too soft, it's alright and he's probably right coming from a STI. That's exactly what I mean, the R is not meant to be a hardcore ride. Of course people cross-shop them but the spirit behind the 2 cars is a bit different. Both are quick AWD hatchs but still, there is something a R will never have versus a RS. I think the R400 that was supposed to hit the market would probably be a better comparo.

La passion pour l'automobile n'a pas d'age et l'image que tu projetes, ça n'a pas d'importance. Achète la voiture que tu fais le plus de plaisir, un point c'est tout.

Mon père a 57 ans.
Récapitulation de voitures qu'il a acheté depuis qu'il a 50 ans:

SI sedan 2009
WRX ensuite modifié ecutek bla bla bla
Subaru outback 3.0R 2008
Legacy GT 2008
Impreza 2012 (boring Shit que j'ai acheté)
SI HFP 2014 gardez 8 mois avec tune hondata
GLI 2014 avec exhaust unitronic stg 2
GTI autobahn perf Pack 2015 ave module neuspeed, drop et spacer
Il a signé pour une R 2016, mais il va canceller parce q u'il aime trop sa gti.

Il adore les STI et une RS serait dans son target si ce n'était pas 50 000$...

Last edited:
pensez vous que les vieux qu'on voit en super 7, cobra ac ou muscle car en générale roule ça pour le confort ?

une sti c'est soft comparer a bien des vieux char ...

Back