Best synthetic motor oil brand .

student13

Which is the best synthetic motor oil brand ? , (no flaming please). I have been getting all sorts of opinions, It seems that Mobil 1 (which is Mercedes specific--at the dealer anyways) is well known for quality , as is Castol, but who is king?

Ça dépend ce que tu as besoin.

Je fais même pas 10 000km par année je fais 2 changements d'huile. J'utilise la Valvoline VR1 10w30 puisqu'elle contient beaucoup de zinc pour mon moteur forgé.

les huiles synthétiques conventionnelles sont presque toutes identiques tu verras pas de différence. J'ai vu un test qui comparaît les principales huiles synthétiques lorsqu'elles sont gelées genre -30. La mobil1 était celle qui coulait le mieux. Les autres étaient toutes comme de la mélasse.

Une chose est sure, pour chaque marque d'huile quelqu'un va dire que c'est tellement de la marde qu'il a sauté un moteur a cause de ca. Pis en meme temps un autre gars a coté va ne jurer que par cette sorte.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm

Go spend an evening on there if you'd like to read people raving about how certain brands "change the way their 200 000 miles corolla feels"

Alternatively, you can just buy whichever oil is on sale that meets your manufacturer's specs.

The car manufacturer + oil company cross licencing deals are mostly a marketing thing.
IE Mercedes probably gets a discount so that Mobil get's their "recommendation"
It's a win-win from them. Doesn't change much from a customer's perspective.

Actually I think it's funny how manufacturers are known to go with the lowest bidder for just about everything, yet some people are hell bent on using "the factory fill oil"

IE: Canadian Tire doesn't operate a refinery. They sell re-branded shell products. Their synthetic oil is actually decent.

I've used it in the past along with Mobil 1 and Total products. Could never feel any difference beyond what the cash register said at the time.

Which is the best synthetic motor oil brand ? , (no flaming please). I have been getting all sorts of opinions, It seems that Mobil 1 (which is Mercedes specific--at the dealer anyways) is well known for quality , as is Castol, but who is king?

amsoil if you want the absolute best.

Ça dépend ce que tu as besoin.

Je fais même pas 10 000km par année je fais 2 changements d'huile. J'utilise la Valvoline VR1 10w30 puisqu'elle contient beaucoup de zinc pour mon moteur forgé.

les huiles synthétiques conventionnelles sont presque toutes identiques tu verras pas de différence. J'ai vu un test qui comparaît les principales huiles synthétiques lorsqu'elles sont gelées genre -30. La mobil1 était celle qui coulait le mieux. Les autres étaient toutes comme de la mélasse.

tu as vu ce test sur television quebecois? Ou sur Youtube?

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm

Go spend an evening on there if you'd like to read people raving about how certain brands "change the way their 200 000 miles corolla feels"

Alternatively, you can just buy whichever oil is on sale that meets your manufacturer's specs.

The car manufacturer + oil company cross licencing deals are mostly a marketing thing.
IE Mercedes probably gets a discount so that Mobil get's their "recommendation"
It's a win-win from them. Doesn't change much from a customer's perspective.

IE: Canadian Tire doesn't operate a refinery. They sell re-branded shell products. Their synthetic oil is actually decent.

I've used it in the past along with Mobil 1 and Total products. Could never feel any difference beyond what the cash register said at the time.

true about motomaster, very good oil, but not the best. Probably best bang for the buck around boxing day when its 20$ for 5 liters

Amsoil is like tupperware for grown men:

http://synthetics117.com/the-amsoil-opportunity/

For only $15, you too could become a distributor of the world's finest snake oil.
Make a nice profit margin of your's friend "need" for the "absolute best"

I know it's great quality. But beyond the way it makes people feel, I'm not convinced it makes that big of a difference for most people.

I think I just answered my own question. MOBIL 1 FTW ! Its like there is not even close between them What about Mobil 1 vs. Castrol or Shell ? I guess the only real difference is the viscosity in -30 temperatures.

For only $15, you too could become a distributor of the world's finest snake oil.

I know it's great quality. But beyond the way it makes people feel, I'm not convinced it makes that big of a difference for most people.

Im having trouble understanding your english / jokes / sarcasm or wtv your trying to say.

Agreed, but if you read ops question properly he asked what is best, not what is best for most people and so on...many agree Amsoil is probably the best that consumers can buy.

[/B]

Agreed, but if you read ops question properly he asked what is best, not what is best for most people and so on...many agree Amsoil is probably the best that consumers can buy.

Well I guess you can say best brand for protection and viscosity at very low temperatures. .... Mobil1 or hark Petro-Canada DURON for our climate. This guy tested in Siberia!

Im not 100% sold on mobil1 as being the best, very good oil but i doubt the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im having trouble understanding your english / jokes / sarcasm or wtv your trying to say.

The way a tupperware party works is that someone gets the products for free / at a discount and then tries to pressure their friends/entourage into buying the products from them. Why? "Because they're the best product obviously. I wouldn't steer you wrong, friend!" The more you hustle, the more money you make off your "business" or "sideline"

Amsoil kinda works the same way. They're great at generating hype and will allow just about anyone to be a distributor and make a few bucks off the hype train. It's all about multi-level marketing.

In turn, you'll get products at a discount while trying to hustle your friends into paying as close to MSRP as possible.
Whatever difference between what you paid and what you sold it for is yours to keep. Congratulations, you now have your very own "small business" thanks to Amsoil.
DEALER ADVANTAGES

Buy AMSOIL products at the lowest possible prices
Minimal startup fee
No inventory requirements
No capital investment
No employee expenses or requirements

This is why you'll see their products pushed aggressively online. They've got a lot of people involved, having a stake ($$$) in the product succeeding.

They're not exactly shy about this being the way they do business:http://www.amsoil.com/business-opportunities/dealer.aspx

It doesn't take anything away from the product itself being competitive.

Call Exxon tomorrow and inquire about becoming a mobil 1 dealer. You might see their business model differs quite a bit.

Last edited:
Tu trouveras jamais la Mobil 1 que Mercedes utilisent sur des tablettes autre que chez Mercedes (ou possiblement BMW et autre concessionnaire euro) c'est une formule spéciale européenne non vendue en Amérique du Nord.

Tu trouveras jamais la Mobil 1 que Mercedes utilisent sur des tablettes autre que chez Mercedes (ou possiblement BMW et autre concessionnaire euro) c'est une formule spéciale européenne non vendue en Amérique du Nord.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/fr/pdp/mobil-1-synthetic-motor-oil-0w40-4-4l-jug-0289441p.html#.VpBbZ_Ee3MU

Tant que sa répond au norme du constructeur, tu devrais pas avoir de trouble avec ton concess. Bonus, elle vient a spécial à genre 32$ de temps en temps. Sa et un filtre OEM, sa fait un bon changement d'huile pas cher

Last edited:
From experience, German Castrol synthetic has been the best for me, particularly for turbo'd cars. Not that interested in which oil is best at -40.

A -40 me caliss ben que ma liqui molly soit épaisse comme de la mélasse parceque le racekorr dort tout l'hivers !

Back