Ketosis / Ketogenic nutrition

OP do this diet if you want just to switch things up a bit so u don't get bored but know that it has ZERO advantage over any other balanced diet. Being in ketosis does nothing extra to burn fat vs other diets.

Keto diet is great, It increase Testosterone and GH. <<<< that's just none sens. It doesn't increase it anymore than other diets. Reason people think it does its cause of the fat intake. No carbs for a long period of time actually decrease free flowing Testosterone.

Have a balanced diet with a good amount of fat and carbs , you'll have the " increase test and GH".

Reason you lose so much weight initially with a keto diet is cause of water loss . Half of that burst of fat loss is actually water weight coming off. Don't be fooled by all the non sens.

I suggest you take a trip on bb.com , they have a keto section , lots of good information there , no bro science.

Also try this site http://www.bodyrecomposition.com , the guy wrote a book on keto diet , how to do it , the do's and don't ,the author is known as the keto guy yet he'll be the first to tell you there's no extra advantage to be in ketosis vs balanced diets . Lots and lots of good information on nutrition and training on this site.

Thanks for the link, i did hear about this guy (I did not read his book though) I skimmed through a few studies that showed some slight advantage of the diet in terms of body composition while losing weight (that the amount of fat lost was greater than an average diet compared to muscle loss)

I guess that was one of the main motivators, also I'm not training much for now and it suits my lifestyle, i can see myself fliping back to a carb diet during the summer and see results that are as good while having better energy levels.

It's only been 2 weeks so i can't really tell right now if I feel better or worse, especially since i was on a shitty junk food mode before, so anything feels better right?

Thanks for the link, i did hear about this guy (I did not read his book though) I skimmed through a few studies that showed some slight advantage of the diet in terms of body composition while losing weight (that the amount of fat lost was greater than an average diet compared to muscle loss)

I guess that was one of the main motivators, also I'm not training much for now and it suits my lifestyle, i can see myself fliping back to a carb diet during the summer and see results that are as good while having better energy levels.

It's only been 2 weeks so i can't really tell right now if I feel better or worse, especially since i was on a shitty junk food mode before, so anything feels better right?

Maybe you can take a look at Leangains. It's basically carb cycling + intermittent fasting.

Rest days: 30-40% deficit. Training days: 0-10% deficit. Personally I would aim for 1.5g protein per lb total bodyweight on all days.

The "standard" official LG macros for a cut are the following.

Rest day: 20% Carb, 55% Protein, 25% Fat
Training day: 40% Carb, 45% Protein, 15% Fat

Set deficit according to this scale.

18-19% body fat: -1.7 lb/week
15-17% body fat: -1.5 lb/week
12-14%: -1.3 lb/week
9-11%: -1 lb/week
<8%: 0.7 lb/week or 2 lbs every 3rd week

OP do this diet if you want just to switch things up a bit so u don't get bored but know that it has ZERO advantage over any other balanced diet. Being in ketosis does nothing extra to burn fat vs other diets.

Keto diet is great, It increase Testosterone and GH. <<<< that's just none sens. It doesn't increase it anymore than other diets. Reason people think it does its cause of the fat intake. No carbs for a long period of time actually decrease free flowing Testosterone.

Have a balanced diet with a good amount of fat and carbs , you'll have the " increase test and GH".

Reason you lose so much weight initially with a keto diet is cause of water loss . Half of that burst of fat loss is actually water weight coming off. Don't be fooled by all the non sens.

I suggest you take a trip on bb.com , they have a keto section , lots of good information there , no bro science.

Also try this site http://www.bodyrecomposition.com , the guy wrote a book on keto diet , how to do it , the do's and don't ,the author is known as the keto guy yet he'll be the first to tell you there's no extra advantage to be in ketosis vs balanced diets . Lots and lots of good information on nutrition and training on this site.
I bet your a buck 50, Trying to give advice... its all the same shit on this forum.

5 oeuf + 4 blanc ... caliss comment tu fait ... je peut même pas mangé 3 oeuf c'est trop a 2 chu full full -_-

You gotta do what you gotta do, Like i said, Most people think they are Ectormorph. The reason is that They eat like shit, They dont eat enough Protein and Good fats.

Protein and Good Fats are Essential, Carbohydrates are not. What build muscle is Protein and Fats.

5 whole eggs is nothing, Hardboiled them(take 12 minutes) and eat them.

My Protein intake = Whole eggs, Ground beef(95%), Chicken. For now i dont take any Whey. I dont like dairy products.

Fat source is :-Avocados,Olive oil, Fish oil, Flax seed oil, Walnuts,Almonds,Cashew.

Carbs is: Yams,Rice and oatmeal, Brocolli.

The keto diet i listed is great, I repeat i dont like whey,its not my main protein source, its just a regular Keto that keep muscle on and Burn fat.

Last edited:
You gotta do what you gotta do, Like i said, Most people think they are Ectormorph. The reason is that They eat like shit, They dont eat enough Protein and Good fats.

Protein and Good Fats are Essential, Carbohydrates are not. What build muscle is Protein and Fats.

5 whole eggs is nothing, Hardboiled them(take 12 minutes) and eat them.

My Protein intake = Whole eggs, Ground beef(95%), Chicken. For now i dont take any Whey. I dont like dairy products.

Fat source is :-Avocados,Olive oil, Fish oil, Flax seed oil, Walnuts,Almonds,Cashew.

Carbs is: Yams,Rice and oatmeal, Brocolli.

The keto diet i listed is great, I dont like whey , its just a regular Keto that keep muscle on and Burn fat.

All diets work. Different diets are more suitable for certain people than others.

If you love your keto diet and it's working for you, that's great *tu*

If someone is looking to try something new, it's not like they have a lot to lose. If you don't like it or if it doesn't work, try something else.

Little update after 2 weeks:

221 lbs --> 209.5 so ~ -5%
Light training 2x per week (I've been hella busy with kid #2 @ 3 months old and kid #1 in her terrible 2s)

I suspect I lost mainly water weight, I expect it to slow down for the next 2 week and maybe reach 205 (I'd be ready to fight Jon Jones... huh uh!) From there as any diet I think the weight loss will be expotentially slower.

My short term plan is:

-Stay in ketosis until i stop seeing results or if I start feeling uneasy

-Reorganize my garage to train in it, squat cage, olympic bar, bench, 300 pounds of plates. Going out of my house to a gym is very hard right now with 2 little ones and a GF that requires father presence ;)

I'm currently searching for good ways to implement TKD into the training schedule I will put in place. I've read some interesting stuff about Dextrose to help with pre-workout energy. I dont know if I'm being misled but it seems that aside from Dextrose powder, you can get that stuff straight out of certain candies and it gives the same effect (huge insulin spike, making energy available almost immediately, also used in post workout shake to deliver protein to the body... True or false.. you tell me!)

Most people with GOOD Metabolism can reach Ketosis with under 50G/Carbs per day. You dont need to go 0 Carbs. It depends on many factors, The more Lean body mass(Muscle-LBM) you carry the more carbs you can eat and be in Ketosis. Personnally i would not take ANY carbs post workout. I just eat a meal of Chicken,almonds and Brocolli.

Most people with GOOD Metabolism can reach Ketosis with under 50G/Carbs per day. You dont need to go 0 Carbs. It depends on many factors, The more Lean body mass(Muscle-LBM) you carry the more carbs you can eat and be in Ketosis. Personnally i would not take ANY carbs post workout. I just eat a meal of Chicken,almonds and Brocolli.

ProteinSynthesis1.jpg

Muscle Growth and Post-Workout Nutrition

tl;dr

Protein is better than carbohydrate following training but protein plus carbohydrates is optimal.

This is coming from the guy who wrote the book on the Ketogenic Diet.

La dernière phrase dit tout. Sa prend un peu de carbs avec ta proteine apres un training sinon tu risques de crasher. Pas un sac de bonbons la mais soit un carbs pure en supplement sinon un fruit avec un indice glycemique qui a de l'allure. La banane est bien mais pas une complète, si vous ne buvez pas beaucoup pendant vos training c'est bon car c'est riche en potassium.

I bet your a buck 50, Trying to give advice... its all the same shit on this forum.

Actually i'm 5'8 210 lbs @ maybe 25-30% BF . What you trying to say with that comment ? cause i'm fat any advise i give is wrong ? following ur logic doctors who smoke or are fat should never give medical advice cause they don't practice it themselves .

I gave OP a link to where i got my information from, i didn't take it out of my fat ass . You can go ahead and see for yourself its not inaccurate .

All diets work as long you obey to the golden rules . Eat 5000 cals of food on a keto diet and see if u'll still lose weight due to the keto fairy

les carbs c'Est la vie et les gains

Oui et non. Tu en as pas besoin tant que ça pour construire de la masse maigre, tant qu'a moi si j'en mange trop, peu importe l'indice glycémique sa me fait gonfler pis engraissé.

5 weeks in update:

@ 202.6 from 221.2 = -8.4%

The weight loss is steady, I also still did not start lifting, been pretty busy setting up my garage and making it in the perfect training ground...

Saturday I'm picking up a squat cage with 300 pounds of plate, olympic bar, bench and I will get back on track with my 5x5...

i'm also thinking about doing some GVT, it intrigues me!

Je sais pas pourquoi j'ai écris en Anglais.. mais bon je pense que la plupart d'entre vous êtes bilingues :)

well done

The hardest part for me when I was doing keto was the absolute no booze thing.
fuck that crap

well done

The hardest part for me when I was doing keto was the absolute no booze thing.
fuck that crap

You can always do hard liquor (0 carbs)

It stalls your metabolism for a few hours (the time you burn the empty calories) but it does not kick you out of keto...

I don't think I will keep the diet for that long, i'm on the fence about it, although I feel alright, it's just weird to not poop very often! (trying to get alot of fiber aswell)

I also have some doubts for when I start lifting... We shall see..

Back