Race the half!!

Most of the official statement published today by the organizers of Race the half contains many falsehoods. How do I know? Because I was the one standing in the field, on the phone with 911, while their staff did nothing. I've posted this elsewhere, but it's worth posting here again:
None of the following is true:

"Il faut noter que le setup d’urgence a été tout de suite mis en place par le premier répondant de l’organisation:"

You had no first responders who provided any assistance. In fact, the one volunteer who tried to help had to be stopped by a medical professional from making the situation worse. We had to use a box of kleenex to stop the bleeding of the injured passenger. That is how unprepared you were for any medical emergencies.

"– directive sur le traitement des personnes impliquées dans l’accident""

I am the one who called 911 and directed the ambulance to the scene of the accident. I am the one who described the injuries to the victim to the dispatcher and ambulance crew, made them aware of his age, condition, and location. The 911 operator told me that the airport called to report an emergency, but provided no details. I confirmed this later with EMS services from Cowansville / Bromont.

"– coordination de l’arrivée de l’ambulance et des policiers"

Your group of volunteers did nothing to coordinate the arrival of the ambulance and police officers.

"– organisation des premières mesures pour préparer l’évacuation"

Your group of volunteers had to be stopped from moving the injured passenger by a trained ER nurse who was the only one on the scene - as a spectator - with any medical expertise or ability.

I was in contact today with individuals familiar with the situation between EMS services in the Bromont region and the Race The Half organizers. It turns out that what the organizer of the event told me yesterday about ambulance services was not true. They were not told by EMS that 'there would be an ambulance close by if anything happened,' and local police in the region, who are first responders themselves, were never notified that the event was taking place.

The Race the Half organizers did indeed approach the regional EMS / ambulance services about being on site. When they were told the price of this service, they elected not to pay. They were also offered a first aid service via an EMS association that costs $50 an hour for 2 paramedics, a non-transporting ambulance outfitted with medical equipment, and a golf-kart mini-ambulance. They never responded to this second offer.

That's roughly $600 to have trained EMS personnel on-site, with 2 ambulances. Participants paid $130 to enter the event. Spectators paid between $15 and $20. There was enough budget to have emergency medical services on-site, but the organizers made the conscious choice not to do so. They refused to pay for the medical response services any motorsports event must have access to.

Je pense que personne n a ete satisfait de sa journee...

Payer xxx$ pour faire 2-3 runs...

Continuer 3-4 courses avec la viper dans le clos...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Exact. Juste la derniere run contre le Corvette ZO6 bleu, le corvette a roulé 255 il a sorti une longueur en avant du CTSV, le CTSV la remonter pour finir 3 longueur en avant du Corvette pour une run enregistré de 240kmh, gps dans le char de 265.... Tka personnelement un char qui remonte un autre char de 4 longueur et qui roule 15gps de moin j'ai jamais vu ca....

Leur systeme de radar et de prise de mesure est a revoir au complet......
J'ai vu la run de ton ami, ça rentrait au poste, j'étais dans le chapiteau juste à côté où il y avait la C7 blanche!

Youtube coupe la qualité pour une raison inconnu mais bon...

Mention special a l'eagle talon, seul 4cyl qui a vraiment marché dans la journée, 261kmh!

80ebd405267c81585e381d864b35a83a.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Most of the official statement published today by the organizers of Race the half contains many falsehoods. How do I know? Because I was the one standing in the field, on the phone with 911, while their staff did nothing. I've posted this elsewhere, but it's worth posting here again:
None of the following is true:

You had no first responders who provided any assistance. In fact, the one volunteer who tried to help had to be stopped by a medical professional from making the situation worse. We had to use a box of kleenex to stop the bleeding of the injured passenger. That is how unprepared you were for any medical emergencies.

I am the one who called 911 and directed the ambulance to the scene of the accident. I am the one who described the injuries to the victim to the dispatcher and ambulance crew, made them aware of his age, condition, and location. The 911 operator told me that the airport called to report an emergency, but provided no details. I confirmed this later with EMS services from Cowansville / Bromont.

Your group of volunteers did nothing to coordinate the arrival of the ambulance and police officers.

Your group of volunteers had to be stopped from moving the injured passenger by a trained ER nurse who was the only one on the scene - as a spectator - with any medical expertise or ability.

I was in contact today with individuals familiar with the situation between EMS services in the Bromont region and the Race The Half organizers. It turns out that what the organizer of the event told me yesterday about ambulance services was not true. They were not told by EMS that 'there would be an ambulance close by if anything happened,' and local police in the region, who are first responders themselves, were never notified that the event was taking place.

The Race the Half organizers did indeed approach the regional EMS / ambulance services about being on site. When they were told the price of this service, they elected not to pay. They were also offered a first aid service via an EMS association that costs $50 an hour for 2 paramedics, a non-transporting ambulance outfitted with medical equipment, and a golf-kart mini-ambulance. They never responded to this second offer.

That's roughly $600 to have trained EMS personnel on-site, with 2 ambulances. Participants paid $130 to enter the event. Spectators paid between $15 and $20. There was enough budget to have emergency medical services on-site, but the organizers made the conscious choice not to do so. They refused to pay for the medical response services any motorsports event must have access to.

Wow... just wow!!!

J'étais en train de manger dans le resto quand c'est arrivée. Je m'en suis rendu compte seulement après être sortie du resto. J'ai assumé que les ambulanciers étaient sur place.

Guess I was wrong.

Le pire c'est que je suis premier répondant et que j'aurais pu aider si j'avais su!!!!

Je n'ai pas trop aimé ma journée.On est parti vers midi et on est allé rider un bon 3 heures à la place.

Lors des essais il y a 6 semaines, ca n'allait deja pas bien, 2 voitures ont été endomagés, les correctifs n'ont pas été apporté et pourtant c'était assez claire. La zone de freinage n'était pas identifiée et il n'était pas assez longue c'était évident. Ca ne date pas de samedi.

Lors des essais il y a 6 semaines, ca n'allait deja pas bien, 2 voitures ont été endomagés, les correctifs n'ont pas été apporté et pourtant c'était assez claire. La zone de freinage n'était pas identifiée et il n'était pas assez longue c'était évident. Ca ne date pas de samedi.

Lol de mieux en mieux!

Ça commence à sentir la poursuite...

Très de valeur cette incident, est ce qui en a qui ont eue des "dernières nouvelles " pour le conducteur ?
J'ai vu l'incident live. .mais j'étai trop loin .
Une chose que j'aurai aimé c'est un "speed board" comme plusieurs autres ont mentionné déjà, sinon moi personnellement j'ai aimé ma journée.
Alex,valeur que j'ai pas eue là chance de te croiser j'aurai aimé te jaser un brin..prochaine fois peut être !

Très de valeur cette incident, est ce qui en a qui ont eue des "dernières nouvelles " pour le conducteur ?
J'ai vu l'incident live. .mais j'étai trop loin .
Une chose que j'aurai aimé c'est un "speed board" comme plusieurs autres ont mentionné déjà, sinon moi personnellement j'ai aimé ma journée.
Alex,valeur que j'ai pas eue là chance de te croiser j'aurai aimé te jaser un brin..prochaine fois peut être !

7046c5a2a756c85ebab67242d4359a2f.jpg

Juste de meme ... la camaro qui coursais contre la GT ... elle aussi a continuer tout droit je pense ... c'etais pour aller porter assistance ou elle aussi a pas vue la fin de la piste?

Juste de meme ... la camaro qui coursais contre la GT ... elle aussi a continuer tout droit je pense ... c'etais pour aller porter assistance ou elle aussi a pas vue la fin de la piste?

Elle a jamais laché non plus...d'apres moi il se fiait sur la viper pour braker...

Autre video :

Quelqun a un vidéo de la Run de la viper qui a pris le champ? J'ai lus tous les commentaires j'aimerais voir pour mieux juger

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Première video de Al scrap de la page 6 .... Ya juste arrêté de filmer 2sec avant qu'il prenne le champs

Back