Forum "niaise" at Waiting for yui.yahooapis.com

lord_galathon

Hey Danny, not sure what's going on mais le forum prend 2 minutes solides a gosser avec "Waiting for yui.yahooapis.com" au bas de la page quand on essaie d'en loader une (page.)

Ca fait sur tous les browsers et pas mal tous les endroits ou j'ai essaye hors tapatalk.

Avant que tu le demandes: Adblock est desactive (et non-existant sur Firefox ou Edge.)

Le site yahooapis.com repond pas non plus si on essaie de l'acceder directement.

That's weird, I don't get that issue from home on Videotron's network. At work we're on Cogeco on Bell's backbone. I'll investigate further tomorrow.

Still does it from the office. I've checked all our network stats and nothing is wrong on our end, dns resolve properly, network connectivity is 100% and load is very low, we're overkill for our usage (50 people on 100Mbit/Full) and the firewall does not block the yahooapis domain.

I have a feeling that our ISP (MTO Telecom really) are throttling that yahooapis domain, not sure why though. It's just hosting (probably) one of the java scripts on the forum page. It does it on all pages, even when replying and with Adblock turned on so it's not an advert. DNS to it resolves instantly from command prompt but ping fails (which might be just turned off on their end.)

It does not seem to affect Tapatalk but all computers on the network are affected including Ubuntu and MacOS computers, smartphones and tablets and all browsers.

I will test other forums that use the same apis to see if the symptom is there. A quick Google search shows that it's happened before but was never actually resolved until the symptom just "stopped."

My bet is that it's ISP related. Has anyone else complained about this?

NB. The symptom started just around the same time that some images started not showing up on the forum.

Back