X Files reboot on FOX

allroad

Missed Episode 1 last night, anyone here watch it? I did like the original series, how was episode 1 of Scully and Mulder?
How did Gilian Anderson age???

I caught it after the football game and well here's my little 2 cents

I initially didn't really like TV in the 90s except the X-file (as well as the outer limits and all the TV shows in that genre) so for me, this reboot was more of nostalgia than anything else. These days TV shows and movies talk about all sorts of conspiracies (governments, secret organizations, aliens) but back in the 90s talking about that shit was intense. So at the end nothing will surprise you in this episode because you already expect some sort of messed up conspiracy.

Mulder didn't really age but Scully slightly shows her age (nice tits under the scrubs though).. after all it's been over a decade (except the movie)

The first scene where they meet after all this time is sort of anti-climatic and towards the end there's a scene where they butt heads but the acting is so aweful I cringed.

What I really liked is the intro though, you'll see ;)

Watched all of the original episodes last summer, it was awful acting but was interesting enough back in the days. Pretty much same today but they got old, Scully looks like she got a face lift or something because her face is so tight that she can blink her belly button and her boobs got a reboot. Mulder looks good, he looked good in Californications too. It's the same old stuff and I'm still going to watch every episode because I like it enough. Didn't cigarette smoking man die in the old one, something with a rocket?

Love the X-Files. Waiting for all 6 new episodes to have played so I can binge watch.

Gillian Anderson is aging backwards, if you've not seen her on Top Gear last year or on Jimmy Kimmel last month I recommend. Would hit.

David Duchovny plays himself like he does on most of his roles. In Californication he just played a less censored and more extroverted version of Fox Moulder, which is what he played in his movie Evolution (With Julianne Moore, yummy!)

However, if I had another kid, a boy. I'd name him Fox. It has got to be the coolest name ever.

For those of you who saw the new episode, do you believe it's a must to have watched all prior seasons, or would it be OK to start now with the new stuff ?

For those of you who saw the new episode, do you believe it's a must to have watched all prior seasons, or would it be OK to start now with the new stuff ?

Watching the previous seasons and the movies gives you an insight and an understanding of the characters. Start watching it now will not hurt, but you're missing out on the details. If you start watching the originals, it starts really low budget and gets better over the seasons when they realized it that they have a hit that worth to put money into.

btw the X-Files is everything weird, not just about aliens.

Just finished watching it,

I watched the old ones a few years ago, I had never gotten into it until then.

It looks like a modern day X-file is all, with the same actors (which is rare), so in my opinion, I really liked it and looking forward to seeing the rest.

The first two episodes were good, the middle episodes sucked and the last episode ended in such a way that I was sure there was still one left. It didn't make any sense how they literally ended it in the middle of a climax with no explanation.

Back