Audi R8 V10 GT on Copart... Ideas?

Irréparable... Flood implacable... Prévious que history je ne sais pas ce que ça veut dire , première fois que je vois Ca

Flood damage?

Racecar! Rip everything electric out, standalone with e-dash and voilà! Ultimate track day toy.

declared flooded by insurance, therefore not possible to put it back on the road in qc (pending irreparable) and sold auction on copart. you could buy it, ship it to florida to get a an easy rebuild title throught someone and ship it back to quebec to pass the normal vga inspection

starts and moves apparently.. and that is sorta the plan if we can locate the car.

Nice project, but you'd be better off buying an R8 LMS GT3 car, real motorsport parts, they're quite cheap to maintain too. THe engine needs a rebuild every 20 000 race km's and the gearbox needs a refresh every 10 000 race km's and complete rebuild every 20 000km. You can get an R8 LMS in the 120k euro range...

Nice project, but you'd be better off buying an R8 LMS GT3 car, real motorsport parts, they're quite cheap to maintain too. THe engine needs a rebuild every 20 000 race km's and the gearbox needs a refresh every 10 000 race km's and complete rebuild every 20 000km. You can get an R8 LMS in the 120k euro range...

...which is about seven light years beyond the price this Written off R8 will reach.

I still think that if this car remains cheapish, you have enough left to build something real fun to bash on a track, with enough "rat" potential to make you "internet famous".

I'm thinking going fully analogue and removing everything with a microchip... Even sticking a Holley Double Pumper on top of the V-10.

That would rock absolutely, and bring out all the haters out there. :)

I was simply asking if anyone knew of this car when it was local ie previous owner. What we want to know is did the car get flooded out here or in Ontario. Don't really care about if it can be plated or not.

Yup, it's a TO flood car from last year. Was sold on Impactauto.ca in TO. I assume that a QC buyer thought there was a way to plate it. I never saw the sales price so have no idea what it pulled!
Tyler

So you'll be swapping the V10 and the drivetrain in a Beetle type 1?

:D

Hahaha! Great idea!

Then you can do the same as those cheesy Disney movies where people exchange their bodies - Beetle Powered R8, R8 powered Beetle.

With matching paint schemes.

Ok, sorry, I'm going back to sleep now...

car starts, runs and moves. There are some electrical things that don't work too great.. No salt water thank god and no water in the crankcase. Sadly the owner set a budget to acquire the car.

It's a good engine and transaxle for any mid engine kit car. Just engine and transaxle could likely fetch $20k+...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Back