My gti 337 build thread

Nick.ant

Hey guys! Im nick and i made this thread not only to share my progress with you but also to use as a personal portfolio on which i can look back to once my build is "done" but i doubt it ever will be fully complete to my liking. Ill be posting updates regularly.

So just to give you guys an idea, im 17, this is my first nice car that ive ever bought, ive been saving up for a long time for this! I bought it in may of 2015 and have been slowly but surely trying to make her better and better with a tight budget! So here it is, 02 gti 337, when i bought the car, the Po had put a turboback exhaust which sounds pretty good! A stage 2 unitronic tune as well as a neuspeed cold air intake. It was also on these audi wheels..
6c97f89bd8d5f55ecc0e7746c525d859.jpg

Over the summer as i tried to get my bank account back to normal, i managed to buy some coilovers

Before
11e062440c377f39cfc325e79b346c03.jpg

After
07a21a9c879229f97ef39296baa2929c.jpg

Next came new wheels..

aef26da9edbba46cebd0998ecf4a0b7d.jpg

That was pretty much what i did to my car throughout the summer, oh and i forgot, i got a rear wiper delete plug, installed that and test drove the car with this new weight reduction. Lol

Next up i put in a new steering wheel that i got cheap off one of my friends, probably going to buy a nardi instead, i also put in an nrg short hub and quick release, as well as a 337 cluster since mine didnt come with it for some reason.
fffa160d176fe978b4c2aff983e22ab0.jpg

The same night i drove my car which decided to start pissing coolant all over my engine bay.. Turns out the heater hoses were old and cracked and they ended up ripping which cost me a tow truck :( at the time i didnt have a lot if even barely any knowledge of how my car functionned so i didnt look into fixing it on the spot which i regret today.
ae67a37a45716b0fff4b2b3b54f5dc33.jpg

So i just got the car towed to my house and that was when i decided to go balls deep and pull the motor and thats how i made up my mind of attempting to shave the bay.
I began to slowly take the car apart on my spare time when i wasnt working or at school...
bd5bc0d5eb3056deb371a5cb9e518696.jpg

6a5bc00d8538ea17efcec6f72d728e99.jpg

a28bf0cd35484a9fcafff51311c8bd24.jpg

afd3c0516e73fd0d2f1fcb9022d8a32c.jpg

More updates coming soon! Just didnt wanna post all of my progress in single post!

i wan't more!

What are the plans? why you pulling the motor? you wanna build it and big turbo it?

Yes my plans are a full shaved bay, wiretuck and mark3 engine mounts. Probaby bags this summer, id eventually like to go bt on it but definetly not on the original motor as it has close to 220xxxkm

The 337 came with the regular cluster and not the same like the 20th's. The 337 in Europe, which is the 25th, came with the full MFD cluster and navi. For the hoses, it's a very common problem on those engines, you better get them all replaced. Mine were also leaking and I had over 200$ of hoses to get replaced.

Nice car!

I have the same :D

The 337 came with the regular cluster and not the same like the 20th's. The 337 in Europe, which is the 25th, came with the full MFD cluster and navi. For the hoses, it's a very common problem on those engines, you better get them all replaced. Mine were also leaking and I had over 200$ of hoses to get replaced.

Nice car!

I have the same :D

Thanks! im not sure about the cluster i thought maybe it was because it was canadian and i think the american model have that cluster not sure though.. As for the hoses it was a mess most of them were cracked or damaged. Since i already deleted some stuff, alot of those hoses arent necessary anymore, but they are a real pain.

then you were next to me hahahah without even knowing

hopefully this year we can get a bunch of us from MR to cruise down there

Trouve-toi les mags stock.

Personnellement une 337 tu gardes ça 100% stock. Sinon c'est comme n'importe quelle Golf.

J'avoue que je trouverais des BBS rc de 337 le reste par contre have fun. Also Big turbo Is the way to go.

Back