My gti 337 build thread

#clutchkick

Nice buy. I hoped to see it done but don't get down by your lack of motivation, a work slowly done is surely well done. No need to rush. Can't wait to see the engine bay completed and the final result out of it.

#clutchkick

Nice buy. I hoped to see it done but don't get down by your lack of motivation, a work slowly done is surely well done. No need to rush. Can't wait to see the engine bay completed and the final result out of it.

this.

keep up the good work nick! looking good, please update when paint is layed down!!

thanks alot guys! mean alot to have positive comments! i stopped working on it for a while because the motivation wasnt there anymore, im on vacation now the project will resume this week, hopefully i can drive this thing this year!

my engine bay is finally painted! motor is also pretty much ready to drop in once i finish a little bit of wiring i had left to do.
im happy with the final result of the paint my dad did a great job for someone who never painted anything like it before.

here are some before/after pictures!

7fd49f9bb5df6d2812b8c21650f69d1f.jpg

ef0fe074c8bc48c8a67a865c3280e133.jpg

I know the colour 🙄... to leak or not to leak..that is the question 🤔😅

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

update!!
so first up i completely finished my wiretuck! finally. then i put the dash bar back in and had alot of fun placing the wiring lol. i ended up getting everything to fit alright. i also relocated my battery to the trunk, ran all my wires to the front, relocated my junction box to under the dash as well as my ecu.

487592f4b53aecaf3f7aaa6b0c80f1e9.jpg

fe2acc935cd64b14b0266690837f5474.jpg

i also put all the interior panels back in, the rear seats and driver seat so far..

then came the real things, today the motor went in! had a shitload of trouble putting the exhaust back, still need to bolt up the axles.
21d4c86a8e00c6fbdb246eccb212c28f.jpg

then i placed my front end out of curiosity and i was very pleased
0c425d48b6fdc93b0fcd5180fd871b87.jpg

6b663811d0516ca744418ed63b117640.jpg

ohh and the other day while i had no more soldering wire, waiting for my dad to come back with some, the inner paint master in me came out and i gave my 240 a sickk paintjob. lol
b220dc65bac63b7834e4522d15e0e5be.jpg

Gogogogo...txt me for my hotel adress at berlin if you coming and havent reserved yet!

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

shitty update: no berlin klassik for me.

when i put the motor in i noticed it was a little on an angle,i thought maybe with the dogbone it would straighten out, but it didnt. then i noticed that the vf mounts i bought this winter werent for 1.8t but for vr. the guy i bought them from is in the us, he had confirmed they were for 1.8t so im trying to get in contact with him to get my money back.. oh and another positive news! i need a new downpipe because it broke because of the tension from the crooked mount.

im now feeling shittier than ever and lost all my motivation for this build

shitty update: no berlin klassik for me.

when i put the motor in i noticed it was a little on an angle,i thought maybe with the dogbone it would straighten out, but it didnt. then i noticed that the vf mounts i bought this winter werent for 1.8t but for vr. the guy i bought them from is in the us, he had confirmed they were for 1.8t so im trying to get in contact with him to get my money back.. oh and another positive news! i need a new downpipe because it broke because of the tension from the crooked mount.

im now feeling shittier than ever and lost all my motivation for this build

Don't give up, we all can't wait to see it, it looks promising!! And think about the finished product!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im very surprise that the downpipe broke the car hasn't even started. It suck tho..
its because when i took it off it dropped a little so i knew i had to pull it up when i was putting it back but it stretched the flexible part of the downpipe and cause it to rip

im also going to contact Vf tomorrow to see if they can sell me only the middle part that i need because the rest of the mount is the same. or else ill buy a set of new mounts for my motor and hope to have them this week, ill try my best to be ready for berlin, if im not atleat i will have tried my best because i hate giving up.

Back