My gti 337 build thread

Lol I went to see that car with a buddy a few month back. All I saw was trouble over trouble. Leaking pan. Wg not plugged in. Transmission not fully bolted down to the block. That wiring nightmare. Motor mount etc

sent from your mom's bed.

i know the guy, i bought it mainly for the turbo setup but im taking the motor out and building the bottom end and putting it in the 337 so i dont really care about the wiring :p for the price i paid i cant complain.

motor is out, i have to take the exhaust off and then i can roll the shell out, which will be sleeping under a tarp for the winter.
then ill start taking off the stuff i dont need anymore and start to shine up the motor.

***VF mounts are for sale if anyone is interested. ***

2c56a6bd674ea3067cf292db4ee368a9.jpg

21fdb81f5b792b8c37d7ab6af4c864ee.jpg

That car changes hands a lot if it"s the one that I'm thinking of

Does the blue car have GLI recaros ?

That car changes hands a lot if it"s the one that I'm thinking of

Does the blue car have GLI recaros ?

yes its the one youre thinking of, i know the car has been around but as i said earlier i bought it for the whole big turbo setup and for the spare 02m and axles. no matter how sketchy the car may seem i got it for less than what the turbo and intercooler alone are worth lol

yes its the one youre thinking of, i know the car has been around but as i said earlier i bought it for the whole big turbo setup and for the spare 02m and axles. no matter how sketchy the car may seem i got it for less than what the turbo and intercooler alone are worth lol

Yea for sure, smart move on your part

Does it still have the recaroes?

I havent posted in a while! mainly because the car is in storage and im not really doing anything for the moment, until i get more money together!

here are a few shots of a shoot with one of my friends ��: awholley
7d086a8fe3c2826ee15d129a0ef09168.jpg
8581cb188e80749dad5e51cb36d36376.jpg
b50d431b45cd9a9a1b8587236465078e.jpg
3c5dd80ec68cbd1ac1a73e53cbdadb4b.jpg

i havent updated in a really long time! the gti is still in storage, i was thinking of bringing it home soon but with this storm it'll just have to wait. All my big turbo parts are currently for sale, ive always wanted to go bt but i want to do it right, bottom mount isnt want i want and id rather go with a eurodyne maestro instead of the unitronic tune. but then it would involve many changes which i sadly cant afford right now since im still in school until june! i was thinking of selling the bt setup to buy an airlift kit with v2 management. it would make life much easier as my road and driveway are hell with a low car.

if everything goes as planned, the corvette wheels are sold to one of my friends. im keeping the new wheels a secret ;) one step closer to completing my vision of the "perfect mark4"

i cant wait to bring the gti back home and get it ready for this season!

so i sold the turbo along with all its parts last night.

next step is finding an airlift kit with v2, ive already spotted a few, as soon as i find one im happy with ill pull the trigger. Airlift is having a 25% sale till the end of march but it still comes out to around 3500$ possibly more, im leaning more towards a good condition used kit.

this years wheel setup is finally at my house, needs 4 tires though. i havent decided if i want to keep it a secret till i take the car out or not, so we'll see about that!

so i sold the turbo along with all its parts last night.

next step is finding an airlift kit with v2, ive already spotted a few, as soon as i find one im happy with ill pull the trigger. Airlift is having a 25% sale till the end of march but it still comes out to around 3500$ possibly more, im leaning more towards a good condition used kit.!

got to pay to play.

Sur un auto c'est rendu tellement commun un kit airride...et tellement facile a installer.. (surtout un setup de base comme un V2 ) :|

un setup turbo de qualité et bien monter a bien plus de mérite a mon avis.

ps.: j'ai un AirRide..mais sur un truck qui fini plus bas que ton kit te donnera sur un auto. ;)

got to pay to play.

Sur un auto c'est rendu tellement commun un kit airride...et tellement facile a installer.. (surtout un setup de base comme un V2 ) :|

un setup turbo de qualité et bien monter a bien plus de mérite a mon avis.

ps.: j'ai un AirRide..mais sur un truck qui fini plus bas que ton kit te donnera sur un auto. ;)

je suis tout a fait daccord avec toi, mais "got to pay to play" jai 19 ans je suis a lecole a temps pleins je suis quand meme pas mal restraint dans mon budget et un setup turbo de qualiter, bien faite, avec rods, pistons et toute la poutine va me couter pas loin de 10k si pas plus. jaime bien faire les choses alors je naurais pas ete satisfait avec le setup pour cette ete, je l'aurais surement pas sorti.

cette annee ca va etre le air ride et le setup turbo dans le future. avec l'argent du turbo et tout je suis capable de me permettre la nouvelle suspension.

ps: je le fait pas pour le merite je le fait pour moi! ;)

Back