Not your father's Cobra

paquette173

Makes a few years I was looking into these crazy cobra builds. This will be my first Factory Five Racing build but my second ‘’real big build’’. The first build was a Mini Austin 92 with a custom front and rear subframe. Front FZ1 yamaha engine with RWD. Once that one was done, I was ready to move on for the Cobra MK4.

This will not be a typical build to replicate a 100% orignal cobra. I will be adding a few modern twists here and there. Mostly for a Sunday fun car and a few tracks days.

My head was spinning for a few months for all the options i wanted to put. This will be a non-donor build.
Her is the FFR list:

MK4 kit
- Coyote Engine
- 2015 IRS
- Red Wilwood front and rear
- Koni double adjustable front and rear
- GPS gauge
- Oil cooler
- Lucas wiper to pass inspection

Engine parts

- Coyote engine 2015
- Tko600
- AC and PS
- Mid Shift
- Torsen 3.73 rear end
- All the bell and whistle that was needed to complet

Options
- Going with 18’’ Forgeline 3 pieces wheels
- R888 tires 315 and 255
- Mr Bruce Leman hardtop
- Cobra Nogaro seats
- Custom door panels to match the seats
- Kenwood Bluetooth amp
- Jl adio speakers
- Quick release and ford racing steering wheel
- Would love to go Keyless, still thinking about it.

This was my biggest challeng ever

Had a blast picking up the kit at the factory, they are really well set-uped !

Got some fresh rubbers for the mini at the same time. 315 vers 225 R13

Finally Home, Many many boxes to put in the basement

Started by drilling all the holes on the panels, Front suspension, Rear suspension, Got the panels PC

The same night that i got my parts from mike forte, with a few friends we put the tranny and motor together.

Modified the quick release that i got from a friend.

Loaded the goodies on the engine

Body work started, had to chop the roll bars 1'' 3/16 for the hardtop. Noticed that i got 2 driver side hoops.... Molded the stock plastic hood scoop to mold it to the stock hood.

Rented a body shop to shoot the primer

What's important with a build like this is that you're doing it properly. Frame, body, and mechanics are all seperated and worked on individually. Some people decide to put it all together and build afterwards. Looking good so far!

I'm curious to know, what was the reasoning behind getting new mechanics? They're fairly easy to find used at 1/3rd the cost.

wow !! le pere a un de mes amis a un factorie five pis ye vraiment beau ! mais lui ctun donor kit ! avec un 347 stroker pis ya des 325 pis ya de la misere a mettre le power a terre !

What's important with a build like this is that you're doing it properly. Frame, body, and mechanics are all seperated and worked on individually. Some people decide to put it all together and build afterwards. Looking good so far!

I'm curious to know, what was the reasoning behind getting new mechanics? They're fairly easy to find used at 1/3rd the cost.

I was looking at the used Motor tranny, found out the stock tranny doesn't fit. TKO600 used are very rare.

Found the coyote engine 2012 with 44 000km for 4500$ and a 2014 with 11 000km for 6000$. How was the engine ran, is that the real millage, stolen ?

I have a inspection to do after the car is done, they check for stolen parts. I didn't want to mess with that. From the 2014 engine to a crate engine there was not a big difference.

So went all out !! This will be my first '' brand new'' car :yikes:

this gonna be good..

hope you'll have more luck than me with tko's. had like 6, only 1 (the face plated one) shifted happily above 6400 rpm. they seem to be hit or miss, some shift great, most are shitty.

you might be good on a stock coyote tho.

ca se plaque au Quebec ca ? J'ai toujours pensé que c'étais pas possible pour les kit factoryfive

Yep, parcontre tu dois seulement acheter le Base kit de factory five et tu complet le manquant avec un sous traitant.

this gonna be good..

hope you'll have more luck than me with tko's. had like 6, only 1 (the face plated one) shifted happily above 6400 rpm. they seem to be hit or miss, some shift great, most are shitty.

you might be good on a stock coyote tho.

Most of them on the forum seam to be ok with them. Hope everything gonna be ok.

ca se plaque au Quebec ca ? J'ai toujours pensé que c'étais pas possible pour les kit factoryfive

Beau projet , j'ai une connaissance qui en a une a vendre "officieusement" et sur son papier de la SAAQ c'est ecrit 1965 , lui aussi il a plein de beau stock et il le laisse aller a $60,000 , c'est pas cher et toute des pieces neuve .
Celui qui fait le projet ici peut certainement confirmer .

I hope your parts were bought before the crazy exchange rate.....

Me looking at this build.

3720308+_27be1bc0d5d8df2f81400e34a92b38f8.gif

I cant wait to see more! Good job and best of luck! *tu*

Awsome project,congrats on the new toy. . Oh..& jealous here..loll

My dream car right here...can't wait to see it done,great stuff!

Back