My MK4 TDI

well no big update..but ill share the bit that happened and pictures..

got my car aligned a few weeks ago since i had to go back to Toronto again and i replaced a tire rod..before leaving i found something crazy for sale on a facebook group and had to pick it up...
as someone else mentionned on a previous post the spoiler wasnt very nice and i already had plans to get this done for next winter..but this was even better since it was already made
Nice build *tu*, suprised you didn't remove that spoiler, unless you plan on keeping it.
soo what i found was a Gli/sport trunk(they have a small lip in them) converted into a euro trunk...a euro gli trunk is something that never existed in the world soo this is a one of a kind piece..a few people in the states have done this but its not very common...
2wghimc.jpg

test fitted it and sent it to paint..

meanwhile i was having a little too much fun and blew up my second gear..thankfully i had a spare trans sitting in my garage and had it replaced with the help of 2 friends in about 4hrs..throw out bearing was absolutely shot on the transmission we removed..so much that the clutch lever was grinding on the pressure plate when fully pressed down(guy i bought the swap off said it was because the whole clutch assembly was very big..yeah right you stupid fuck...)
nmkwme.jpg

monday after drove back down to toronto for work..
had to go meet clients in Thornburry near the blue-mountains..scenery was amazing..
30kq6na.jpg

niagara falls the next day
34fimty.jpg

on my drive back to Montreal i got a Call from BodyCo saying my trunk was ready..picked it up on friday morning, i also picked up a Late Mk6 license plate holder to be able to mount my plate on the euro trunk without having to make ghetto holes in the sides of my plate..installed everything later on that same day..
8vw5rl.jpg

the trunk also came with a euro button handle...regular jettas just have a grab handle and you need to use your key or press the inside button to open the trunk..with this special handle i will be able to pop the trunk open from the outside handle...i didnt have time to wire it in yet..but i plan to do it in the following days..

oh and fyi..i average about 5.7L/100km driving 120/125kmh on cruise and doing pulls here and there.. :D

edit
i was also able to score a full Wolfsburg big bolster interior with the matching door pannels at kennys Cornwall a few weeks ago..soo thats another nice touch...
1smxa9.jpg

yes i know pic is crooked...deal with it

i have ordered longer wheel bolts for my BBS and a catch can..waiting on those to put on my other wheels and ill put on my front lip in the same time also.

Received my extended wheel bolts to be able to mount my bbs wheels (the mounting surface is thicker than oem vw wheels).. also received my 42draft design catch can that ill be installing this weekend most likely.
c47ef32ca9a6442e9915693ebdd15770.jpg

Happy with the quality..42dd never lets me down.

As soon as the ups truck left I got the jack out and installed my wheels. Also took the extra 5minutes to remove the front bumper and install one of my painted gli front valances that i had fixed over the winter..
ab760d02c7fae5f7a6fe02737bb93406.jpg

6a210200d8c22dec35422c5c022babfb.jpg

94c398458b8c46f8dcda0eb40407246b.jpg

Shitty rolling shot my friend took ha
7fa0ec1837dcb2bc17b5dfc4f38abf8e.jpg

Im happy with the result, all that work on going getting the wheels and the parts to get the different center cap and custom hex nut on finally payed off!

I have all my t-bolt clamps and new intercooler hoses that still need to be installed...and still having a small oil leak around the turbo..quite hard to tell from were exactlt but i definatly have to sort that out since it gets on my nerves aswell (hate leaks).

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I saw your tdi but I had no idea what you looked like lol and Dutch I dint saw you at all yet again I have no clue what you look like lol.

I was in my car for a good part of the night doing some vagcom stuff.

Damn!
Car came along real nice man.

That trunk is my favorite part. That's a seriously rare piece.

looking great *tu*

Damn!
Car came along real nice man.

That trunk is my favorite part. That's a seriously rare piece.

Thanks guys, appreciate it..i have more plans but yesterday afternoon i got an inspection soo that will be putting some things on hold..

MTV- thanks, and yes it is very rare..not many people have this in north america..in quebec no one does..totally custom piece since its on a gli trunkand not a normal euro trunk since the gli trunk with the small lip on it never existed in europe with the big euro tub..

Here is a pic from saturday morning when i went to get my good friends car from storage with him..
1b4d933d42a7e00ee1baeeb74b6a01f3.jpg

And this is when Drake flew in this morning to hang out after hearing i got an inspection..he was chill, got to hear his new meh album..
00945f0f33765298261e489d70b79406.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Inspection for what??

no muffler (dosent make a sound difference on a tdi but they just so happened to look when they were looking at the rest of my car)
"suspension modifier"- which is absolutly legal
rear camber (he said i have 5degrees)..its a solid beam with no adjustements..and unless he has a bionic eye i dont see how he could tell there was 5degrees..

soo pretty much bullshit as usual..im going to the saaq and selling the car to a family member in 1 hour..i buy it back like on thrusday or friday..inspection should get cancelled out and ill just pay the ticket they send me. less hassle..

Damn it's true, Drake got his new album out on the 29th
yep..i got to hear it all when he came over...wasnt too impressed

tbh i'm never impressed when his albums come out (i remember hating Nothing was the same when it came out), but they always grow on me and come to love them after a few days.

Back