My MK4 TDI

car looks great .. my fave body of the jetta that VW made then the coupe .. question for you .. what did you use to stickt he sideskirts ? i used 3M not so good after a year its unsticking

car looks great .. my fave body of the jetta that VW made then the coupe .. question for you .. what did you use to stickt he sideskirts ? i used 3M not so good after a year its unsticking

thanks for the compliments!

as for the sideskirts the guy that painted them at the bodyshop installed them(i was there when he did it). he used eurethane and a 3m strip..and the screws at both ends...3m alone isnt enough at all!

FYI if anyone is ever looking for a good bodyshop, Chris at BodyCo on gouin is the place to go! the rear valance and the sideskirts were cracked at a few spots and he repaired them really well...you could never tell they were broken in the first place and they are more solid if anything were they were craked in the first place! I found him thru a review on MR and i dont plan on ever going elsewere..very reasonable pricing too!

thanks for the compliments!

as for the sideskirts the guy that painted them at the bodyshop installed them(i was there when he did it). he used eurethane and a 3m strip..and the screws at both ends...3m alone isnt enough at all!

FYI if anyone is ever looking for a good bodyshop, Chris at BodyCo on gouin is the place to go! the rear valance and the sideskirts were cracked at a few spots and he repaired them really well...you could never tell they were broken in the first place and they are more solid if anything were they were craked in the first place! I found him thru a review on MR and i dont plan on ever going elsewere..very reasonable pricing too!

thanks for the info can u PM how much u paid .. once i take off my dip i have to get them all painted

thanks for the info can u PM how much u paid .. once i take off my dip i have to get them all painted
I dont remeber 100% and anyways mine were all cracked and needed to be repaired too...best thing is go there and ask for chris..its a small garage on gouin but trust me he is really good and well priced. Go see him with your parts and he will give you a quote. I had gone to a few places and he was very well priced.

Im never going anywere else i can tell you that!

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

the bad..

Ok another update..

here are some pics of after the swap..car still looked fairly sleek besides for the fmic..
20z4uvq.jpg

i was able to get a nice about of smoke out for when people tailgated me aswell...

that resulted in a lot cleaning going on in the rear end at every wash..LOL:thefinger
2im8jd3.jpg

Then this happend ....
iopxzp.jpg

m8gw0x.jpg

I pushed the EGTs up too much amongst other things and cracked a piston..stock pistons are already prone to hairline cracks soo the egts probably didnt help out with the oem piston heads(crack goes thru the whole piston)..
here is what cyl.3 piston looked like..the block was toasted..
zlxkqh.jpg

having my spare engine i got the blocks swapped out and got the i.e rods transfered aswell with the piston from my old engine...
I also got a new oem radiator, expansion tank, cap, radiator temp switch and new g12 coolant..

People ask me why i didnt upgrade the pistons while the engine appart...few reasons..firstly stock one will do if you watch the egts, secondll i didnt really want to dish out the money atm because i plan to pull the engine probably in 2017 and do a full rebuild including headwork, girdle and engine bay work...

soo got got my car back about a week later..lets just say it needed a wash real bad LMAO.
m8ebtt.jpg

The bad luck continued...about a month after getting the car back i was driving down queen mary at night and a guy crossed the street right infront of me (no fucks given)..he was running to the metro or busstop across the street.. had no choice to swerve into oncoming lane(there were no other cars since it was late at night)..and while doing that i slid into those flexible street limit signs they bolt to the ground in the middle of the street...rocket got pushed in,sideskirt got the paint chipped off(surprisingly didnt crack) , door scrached up and slight dent, window scrached...
jv57gh.jpg

got a quote at Bodyco to get it repaired this winter along with some other stuff...well that sucked but atleast no one got hurt....

Ok soo pretty much after all that everything went good..here are some more picture to share

Went to Berlin Klassik show in Kitchener Ontario;
both my friends cars..bagged 20th and other friends mildly build tdi(compared to mine lol)
331ooz4.jpg

the show;
5d80n4.jpg

ifaihg.jpg

15cdgeu.jpg

Red lobster Run pt1;
107120o.jpg

RIP to my gli valance the same day in a contruction zone..
2hyhvr.jpg

The shitty dunlops(NEVER buying dunlop ever again) i had gotten for my aristos were full of bubble and i woke up to a crack on my sidewall one morning..soo i put a set of stock 15inch wheels back on that i planned to use for storing the car over the winter..
the same day did the red lobster run pt2:
501fnp.jpg

burned my tires up real good:
VIDEO:
what one tire looked like after..crooked
23j0t9w.jpg

meme everyone showed me after seeing the tire, Dat no LSD life...
10574nk.jpg

did a little detail and engine bay cleaning before parking it for winter, car look soo good!!! *except for the disgusting peeled up wheels
engine bay looks soo innocent!
t6rwgx.jpg

Last edited:
Your 15 inch wheels look like mini-aristos
Yeah i call them mini aristos or baby aristos lmao..they look horrible i had traded my oem 5 spokes with new winters against these +money with a friend since i didnt need winter tires..

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

new shoe setup

Ok another update...

soo i parked the car for winter on the 1st of november...if i would have know it would have been soo nice out i would have driven it untill december lol...
i was eyeing a set of polished audi monoblock this girl has on a mk6...she gave me a price and i told her id pick them up in a week...sold my aristos to my friend within a couple days...messaged the girl and he tells me she dosent want to sell anymore...WOW THANKS.. at this point im pissed because i sold my wheels to be able to afford another set..we had made a deal..but i guess women are like that and like making everyones life complicated...soo i started searching around on what wheels i could get for my jetta... decided to look into 17s since i do a lot of mileage and tires are cheaper and have a little more meat on the wheels...

after a few weeks of searching around i came across a set of BMW style 5s (BBS RC090). The guy was selling a old bmw for 800$ and had these wheels aside as summers.. 4.5 hours away in ontario. i offered him half and payed for hes gas for him to meet me halfway in Brockville ON. next day i went and picked up the set.. no curb rash, peeling clear, intact center caps, 3 unevenly worn tire and 1 new tire(wasnt even gonna use them since they are too big)..
here is what they looked like..
e6w2zr.jpg

the next day i drove to quebec city and dropped them off to get them redrilled by UNIX Performance to a 5x100 bolt pattern..they have offest of 20...meaning a redrill is obligatory to make them properly fit on a mk4. 15mm adaptors push them out too much.. anyways 3 days later my buddy at unix was kind enough to meet me in drummondville to drop off the wheels.
what they looked like after:
25k4e4j.jpg

i didnt waste time to take the wheels appart and send the barrels to get stripped/ repainted and mirror polished..(**tried going to exact roues but imo wasnt treated well and quoted reatarded prices...never going back there).
soo i dropped them off at Polisson Custom Parts..pretty cool guy that has his growing buisness...everyone should be hearing from him this summer at meets since hes getting pretty big..
here is a little pileup i made of the progress pics he would send me:
2hzpn9.jpg

final product:
4q6j2q.jpg

next were the bolts...beeing steel bolts and not the usual stainless bolts..these needed to be coated somehow because they would just end up rusting...new bolts cost around 1.50us each..sooothat would have been around 400$ in bolts that i wasnt willing to spend...i ended up sending all the bolts and nuts to Duraflash off cote-de-liesse and got them all nickel plated.
here is the end result
20h51e1.jpg

for the faces i decided to ditch the original rc090 center caps and go with a 15/16inch bmw wheel waffle center cap..
2uiyn8x.jpg

found a guy that does powdercoating...chose my colour and got all 4 centers and Plastic caps powder coated..colour is "Class A silver"
after mocking them up i felt the center cap was missing something soo after a bit of research i found that you can stick on a metal center nut from a older (1990-1996) lincoln continental...soo i did just that..

here is the final result after assembling the wheels(minus the bbs logos that are still on their way here in the mail..)
2ptci0z.jpg

i got some continental extreme contact tires from my buddy at unix, since he knew what size i was looking for...i have a few pics of the wheels on the car when i test fitted them with the tires but i dont think they do justice..soo ill post some here when time comes..

i also ordered the 3mm spacers i needed upfront to clear the brake caliper and the hubcentric rings..

ok to put the car 100% up to date here is the last that was missing to the thread..

well since i was planning on getting my accident repaired this winter, i also decided to get the rust bubble fixed on my driver door(only rust on the car).
Also decided to get both front fenders painted(they have chipped paint from were the oem mudflaps were) and the front bumper in the same time since its scratched up and full of rock chips(normal after 380000kms).
soo that being said i got myself a paint of oem gli side-skirts(replace my replica votex skirts), a replacement front bumper(mine had a small crack, holes from euro-plate holder and a drilled hole from PO, i guess to hold the oem valance with zip ties..). I also ordered a front euro molding since i wanted a cleaner oem+ look instead of just painting over the side-markers like everyone else.

I also acquired a rear deck panel (goes behind rear seats covering trunk) with both c pillars from a glx..this panel is different from normal jettas since it had a built in retractable window shade.. not very useful for me but its a rare part so i snatched it up and plan on re-upholstering it to match the rest of my black interior.

so here we go with some pictures...

what the car looks like atm with the replacement bumper i got.. took my time to properly trim around the intercooler piping this time.
12383619_868397466616239_146095710_n.jpg

the said rust bubble on my driver door(common problem on all mk4 jettas)
924710_396209007246351_1462364852_n.jpg

my gli valance collection along with the gli skirts that will be sent to paint aswell
12599087_164214907287191_1176650426_n.jpg

freshly aquired euro-moulding from today and the glx rear deck from yesterday!
12729592_751195955025306_1418182398_n.jpg

anyways spoke with Chris from BodyCo and he should be able to take my car in next week for paint.

I also re-installed my skid plate this weekend and also ordered all new intercooler couplings and proper t bolts clamps. I will be getting the timing belt done and my injection pump leak repaired after getting the paint done..

Back