My MK4 TDI

Amazing build looking forward to seeing it in person....you can never see enough MK4s

you wouldnt have a spare set laying around would you??

LOL

hahaha they are just good to have lmao...you know spares, they all need some work but im going to start fixing them up one at the time soo atleast when i blow one up ill have a spare to be able to slap on lmao...

i got them all for absolute steals...i can always resell them if i want to also haha

ok another update!..i really like this one haha

took my car to the Bodyco yesterday. car should be done by the end of the week since he isnt that busy since we have nice weather for the past few weeks..
Coldstart video..started one shot no problem

acsz6h.jpg

I also repaired 2/3 of my spare valances(both the oem ones, polypropylene rep will be sold).
Repaired the cracks and sanded them down(underpart and bottom isnt perfect since ill be grinding them down anyways after a month of driving haha)
the black one had some big cracks, the blue one just needed to be heated at a few spots and formed back into shape..
2ywuycz.jpg

took the valances to the bodyshop today to get them painted in the same time since im already getting the car done soo why not...
he advanced pretty quickly.. all pannels removed, sanded down, he said he will be probably be laying down the primer today aswell.

28030pv.jpg

xfntll.jpg

2l8cl7s.jpg

Oh and fyi...almost lost the wheel on my winter beater...dont ask me how this happened but the drum cracked and bearing was totally gone while crusing on the highway

Just thought id share...

hti me up when you wanna sell the valence lol
Someone is supposed to pick it up tomorrow. If he dosent ill let you know.. found out the sideskirts are oem votex aswell and they will probably be picked up today or tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

seeing all the work the body seems to be really make me not want to start mine hahahah
especially that im going to be doing all the sanding + painting myself hahahah

seeing all the work the body seems to be really make me not want to start mine hahahah
especially that im going to be doing all the sanding + painting myself hahahah

honestly i just went all out with the front end to make it perfect..wasnt really noticeable but everythime i wash the car it would bug the hell outta me seeing the tiny rust bubbles from were the mudflaps were..that and the rust bubble around the driver door moulding...could have gone another year like that but told myself id rather do it all one shot since im getting my scratched up rear door and rocker fixed..

got my car back a few hours ago. im really happy with the work!, car needs a full polish now to make it look like new. also got both my oe gli valances i repaired paint(not installed in pics)

first thing i saw when i walked in...beautiful sight <3
1z6t8o.jpg

outdoor shots:
5n5hch.jpg

2ele5wz.jpg

w6s9kh.jpg

was a very clean job, interior was clean with no shit and dust everywhere(unlike bad past experience with kirkland auto body in st-genevieve). sideskirts were very well installed(just like the old votex ones i had on before).
DEFINITELY recommend him, never had issues, good service, great pricing. im very happy, he even worked on both my gli valances to fix them up a little more even tho i told him it was alright.
I also received all new intercooler couplings i had ordered for my car to replace the shady ones that came with my swap piping..just waiting on my tbolt clamps.

ill be spending the next few week doing a few things that i havent done last summer and over the winter..
-both rear abs sensors
-i think i have a bad tie rod
-remove sway bad
-dogbone bushings and install properbolts
- new dogbone to trans backet
-replace rear passenger glass(scratched up due to my accident)
-intercooler couplings
-trans fluid flush
-new air filter
-new cabin filter
-dial in rear drive height with new wheels
-alignment?

once i finish with all that ill send it to get the timing belt done along with replacing the gaskets on my injection pump(small leak) and fix my flex pipe.
that should be sometime begining march.

anyways thats about it for now..

Nice man! Great work on your TDI

A few years ago you and your friend Evan took me for a ride in your TDI's. You're the reason I straight piped mine.

Kind of makes me miss my mk4 golf tdi I sold last year!

Excited to see the progress keep it up!

Nice build. BTW, Pourquoi t'as garde le diffuseur laid sur le hood? Enleve sa et wrap le devant du char pour le proteger surtout que la peinture est neuve.

Nice man! Great work on your TDI

A few years ago you and your friend Evan took me for a ride in your TDI's. You're the reason I straight piped mine.

Kind of makes me miss my mk4 golf tdi I sold last year!

Excited to see the progress keep it up!
Ohh i think i remeber you, didnt you have that silver 2 door golf? ive had a mk2 that i swapped a tdi in and this since my old golf...

Nice build. BTW, Pourquoi t'as garde le diffuseur laid sur le hood? Enleve sa et wrap le devant du char pour le proteger surtout que la peinture est neuve.

le deflecteur etait sur le char quand je lest acheter pis yier pas tout degeux et mauve alors cest pas si pire et je suis revenu habituer..je fais beaucoup de route et cest surtout pour proteger mon hood des chips..jai pas faire repeinturer le hood vu que il est impecable comme le reste du char. et quand tu dit wrap jimagine tu parle des clearbar 3m? jy aie penser, mais jai dautres plans dans le futur alors sa vaut pas la peine inverstir sur sa..

Not much to update..but for the sake of picture ill make a small one..

Did my abs sensors in the rear this weekend. Also Kill-P hooked my up with energy poly bushings for my dogbone mount (mine are shot and my flex pipe needs to be replaced).

I picked up a spare dogbone mount and bolts at kennys(mine has a whole corner missing..whoever worked on my engine probably dropped it and broke a chunk off...)..anyways removing the old bushings was fairly easy...i used a drill and made a bunch of holes around the metal center untill the rubber part fell out (you can also use a hole saw..but i didnt have the proper size). Then i cut the plastic ring off with a hack saw blade.
1ed83cb05c5cc613272a77738cc93a21.jpg

Lubed up bushing hole and pressed the new one in with a bench vise.. the 2 other bushings just pop right in and you tighten the entire assembly.. was pretty quick, probably took me around 20mins to do the whole thing(also helpped since i did it this weekend on my friends dogbone, soo i already had a little experience..)

Done..part# is on the box if anyone has a mk4 and wants to do this aswell
793e434fd28b8e322ff579c9e92a53c0.jpg

Ill jack up the front of the car and do everything that needs to be done there and change the fluids then im sending it to get the timing belt done and injection pump gaskets replaced.

Nice build *tu*, suprised you didn't remove that spoiler, unless you plan on keeping it.
The one on the trunk? Im not a big fan but meh...the trunk is mint soo im not removing it and leaving holes on the trunk...but dont worry i have plans for the trunk and hood...but that will be for next winter. 😉

Another update, last weekend i did some work on the car, replaced the cabin filter, intake air filter, transmission oil and engine oil change.
I also removed the front swaybar since it was rubbing
d6097d8d89378d82ba6ecbeb8921c185.jpg

This weekend i took the car out, took the seats out and cleaned the inside real good
abf824ffdd48cf5d84fd50678dd0709a.jpg

Also took it for a drive, the poly bushings really made a big difference and got rid of the slop..note car is like a vibrator now.
Took it for a nice small drive to lachute(went to checkout another car in the same time for a new daily)

Random pics
d8eb66684ffa1693864a09aafc35c664.jpg

b80b1b52adaa001fb088c62b6d620d58.jpg

Ill be putting my new wheels on in a month when the roads arent full of dust and crap, i also ordered a few misc items and wheel sealant for my polished lips soo ill do another update soon

ok not much has been going on... still havent put my wheels on or the front valance yet..
got my Poorboys wheels sealant and buffed up the lips on the BBS wheels(cant wait to see how well this stuff works..)
besides that got all the gaskets and seals on my injection pump replaced, timing belt done (@381K kms), got the broken 3in flexpipe replaced and found out that the manifold bolt on the turbo were all loose(reason for boost loss)..i guess whoever put it together in the fall when they replaced my block did a shit job..
also one of my cv boots are torn (got a replacement axle from kennys).i keep blowing thru driver side axles, that no lsd, one wheel spin life..

also my abs light went on a few weeks ago, i kinda ignored it since i was tired of messing with the sensor. but then last week one of my rear brakes started smelling, turned out the shitty rebuild i had got seized up(replaced them when i got the car a year ago, one side seized in october now this was the other side..) while i was replacing it i noticed the whole abs ring on my rear wheel bearing had fallen off... did a small trip to Friscos and got myself a new hub/bearing and dust shield(this side is missing).
33wvzu0.jpg

going to try to focus on the interior this year a little more since i still have the stock cloth seats..car looks great but the interior is lacking attention..

here are some random pics from the past few weeks..

my trip to toronto last week
2nc4b50.jpg

2hmdo5v.jpg

random rolling shot..
i1invq.jpg

big truck, small d....?
5ffa8i.jpg

first handwash of the year!
2a7efqp.jpg

julep the other day..
99jskp.jpg

Back