After the Honda Rigeline ! Bienvenue SANTACRUZ (lel)

you think they like it? or they have no choice? I think it's because they have no choice. Make a pick up look like the Hyundai one but the size, capacity and purpose of the american, I bet both my nuts they'll sell better than the boxy ones.

That Hyundai thing looks like crap and yes, I do like the big-3's current styling, a lot. Not everyone is into toy cars.

Well, they have bed covers for that ya know ... I never had water issues with either the soft cover that came with the car or the hard cover I later bought for the winter.

SUV's have a roof, my bed didn't. I carried things taller then the car no problem.

Baja's didn't sell well but they actually have an incredible resale value. I sold my Baja 5 years later with 150,000 more km then when I bought it for $1000 less than what I paid for it. I've been trying to buy another one but they are all more expensive today for a turbo with a stick then what I paid in 2007 and the fuckers actually sell faster then they did back then. :( but that's another story
Your bed covers cuts the height to really not much compared to an SUV.

That car was useless for 99.9% of the population hence it didn't sell. It will be the same for that Hyundai, 2-3 fanboys and that's it.

Edit: p.s. I do like the Baja not bashing the car but I have a pickup and it has its lot of disadvantages and an even smaller bed would be even more problematic compared to a SUV

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
A pick up is a work horse, not afraid to get muddy and scratched up. This thing would be like a ballerina on a Construction site welding a jackhammer... Retarded.

A pick up is a work horse, not afraid to get muddy and scratched up. This thing would be like a ballerina on a Construction site welding a jackhammer... Retarded.

That's the 1980s definition of a work truck you got there...

Fast forward to the present and there's a fair share of tarted up crew cab luxo trucks (Denalis, Platinums, Laramies) that are only used for commuting and the occasional week end project. Some won't even drive in mud or on gravel and may never haul or tow.

Luxo trucks is where the mainstream, non work truck market is going.
Every manufacturer has their fancy version (1794s, Reserves, Limited, High Country, etc)

There should be plenty of room in the market for an oddball truck or two like this hyundai and the ridgeline for the (active/city crowd)

That car was useless for 99.9% of the population hence it didn't sell. It will be the same for that Hyundai, 2-3 fanboys and that's it.

Edit: p.s. I do like the Baja not bashing the car but I have a pickup and it has its lot of disadvantages and an even smaller bed would be even more problematic compared to a SUV

Ça! Et le bodykit en plastique horrible.

SubaruBaja.jpg

La forme de l'aile en avant n'est même pas constante dans les courbes, Les encavures sur les portes sont étranges... En color match c'est moins pire à l'oeil mais encore...

that moment when you're in a parking lot and you wonder if you can fit in that tight space between those 2 subcompacts.

You say yes but the wife says no. And you're all like "shut up woman I can do this". So you rub your hands together and blow in them. Put on a rock tune and let go of the brake and slowly try to make your way in. And then you realize that shit ain't gonna happen.

And then your wife says" hah! told you!"

And then you park at the complete back of the lot where there are no other cars and stay grumpy for the rest of the day.

#pickupproblems

J'ai un Tacoma c'est moins large.
Mais sans caméra de recul ma blonde le prendrait pas.

that moment when you're in a parking lot and you wonder if you can fit in that tight space between those 2 subcompacts.

You say yes but the wife says no. And you're all like "shut up woman I can do this". So you rub your hands together and blow in them. Put on a rock tune and let go of the brake and slowly try to make your way in. And then you realize that shit ain't gonna happen.

And then your wife says" hah! told you!"

And then you park at the complete back of the lot where there are no other cars and stay grumpy for the rest of the day.

#pickupproblems

#F150owners

lel

Les prix ont été dévoilés. C'est quand même compétitif, mais le problème viendra du Maverick de Ford je pense !! Parce que pour ceux qui n'ont pas besoin d'un vrai pick-up, qui hésite entre un Ridgeline ou une Accord, le Maverick à 25-26 000$ pourrait être intéressent.

Mais à 40 000$ ''de base'' le hyundai n'est pas le game changer qu'il pensait être.

base: 38 499 +1800$ TP
med: 41 399 +1800$ TP
high: 44 799 +1800$ TP

https://www.guideautoweb.com/articles/61007/hyundai-santa-cruz-2022-on-connait-les-prix/

On ne peut toujours pas s'en construire un sur le site Hyundai Canada.

J'ai vu le vidéo sur Youtube de leur fabrication à l'usine d'Alabama, intéressant à visionner.

Les prix ont été dévoilés. C'est quand même compétitif, mais le problème viendra du Maverick de Ford je pense !! Parce que pour ceux qui n'ont pas besoin d'un vrai pick-up, qui hésite entre un Ridgeline ou une Accord, le Maverick à 25-26 000$ pourrait être intéressent.

Mais à 40 000$ ''de base'' le hyundai n'est pas le game changer qu'il pensait être.

base: 38 499 +1800$ TP
med: 41 399 +1800$ TP
high: 44 799 +1800$ TP

https://www.guideautoweb.com/articles/61007/hyundai-santa-cruz-2022-on-connait-les-prix/

Ils auraient été bien fou de charger moins cher de ce temps ci. C'est 45k+ un colorado Z71 et 55k+ un F150 qui n'a meme pas les sièges chauffants.

Ça va venir avec un système AWD plus convivial au quotidien, une meilleur "ride" et plus de tech. Sont pas pour les donner non plus lol.

Ils auraient été bien fou de charger moins cher de ce temps ci. C'est 45k+ un colorado Z71 et 55k+ un F150 qui n'a meme pas les sièges chauffants.

Ça va venir avec un système AWD plus convivial au quotidien, une meilleur "ride" et plus de tech. Sont pas pour les donner non plus lol.

Oui, mais en même temps il aurait peut-être été intéressant d'offrir une version plus de base avec le 2,5L non turbo comme aux États-Unis avec un prix un peu plus agressif. Dossier à suivre.

I've found need a few times a month to have something like the Hyundai pick up or Subi Baja or Ranger. The issue for me is I wouldn't want to have one as a daily. But I do see the practical use for them vs a puddle hopper crossover that has the same cargo capacity as the car it replaces. That being said in most cases I've found the Ford Transit van from Home Depot to be the best value for money when needing cargo capacity on the cheap

Last edited:
A ce prix là je prendrais un Colorado

lol. J'en ai eu un de la génération actuelle et c'est ordinaire a moins de tower lourd et d'être allergique au full size. Long overdue pour une nouvelle generation.. Instrument cluster et dashboard fisher price. L'intérieur c'est une des plus grandes faiblesses (et aussi l 'endroit ou tu passe ton temps) Mais le transfer case autotrac est best in class vs les autres systems seulement part time. Avec le nouveau 2.7t et un intérieur qui ne se veux pas une boite de punition sa pourrait être bien.

Serieux son plus gros avantage c'est le prix qui n'a pas augmenter au meme rythme que les fullsize. Mais c'est l'même truck depuis pratiquement 2015 (et plus tôt outre mer) so...

lol. J'en ai eu un de la génération actuelle et c'est ordinaire a moins de tower lourd et d'être allergique au full size. Long overdue pour une nouvelle generation.. Instrument cluster et dashboard fisher price. L'intérieur c'est une des plus grandes faiblesses (et aussi l 'endroit ou tu passe ton temps) Mais le transfer case autotrac est best in class vs les autres systems seulement part time. Avec le nouveau 2.7t et un intérieurqui ne se veux pas une boite de punition sa pourrait être bien.

Serieux son plus gros avantage c'est le prix qui n'a pas augmenter au meme rythme que les fullsize. Mais c'est l'même truck depuis pratiquement 2015 (et plus tôt outre mer) so...

L'intérieur est désuel mais c'est le meilleur pickup en terme de conduite et confort. J'ai essayé le Ranger et le Colorado, le Ranger est plus cute mais c'est sautillant, tourne comme un truck et insonorisation moyenne. le Colorado est bien plus confortable, meilleur comportement routier. Il faut prendre le V6 par contre.

or a 1500 or 150 from Uhaul !
Only bummer with U Haul is the never ending fees for mileage and whatever. HD van is capped at for 24 hours at I think 100-130$ depending on size no mileage limit. If you reserve in advance you can rent a cube van for 130$ for 24 hours which is the cheapest I've found. But generally I never take it for more than 90-180 mins if available. The 24.95-29.95 rate is exactly that.

Also here is a tip with the tool rental at Home Depot. If you rent a tool after 6pm and return before 9am you are only charged for 4hrs. Yea they might cost more for tool rental but everything is new and no hassles.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Back