Warning montreal taxi strike feb 10 ,2016 --> beware if downtown

student13

Folks be careful, tomorrow the Montreal Taxi union is planning a big anti-UBER strike. All we know is that the syndicat is asking taxis to meet near place versailles and saint laurent to block the entire downtown core at its choke points. So if you are out tomorrow beware drivers and post your experiences and photos !

addendum : bridges cannot be ruled out . Good luck tomorrow.

I was watching on the news that the Taxi drivers were going to aggressively confront Uber drivers... Do they really think that caveman mentality will help their public image?

J'adore comment Uber brasse la marde dans l'industrie désuète du taxi, et nous fait découvrir comment leur système est vieux et corrompu:

Aujourd'hui les taxis vont manifester à YUL parce que les UBER y vont gratuitement.. Alors que .... L'AÉROPORT CHARGE UN FUCKING 2.5 MILLIONS PAR AN AUX TAXIS POUR AVOIR LE DROIT D'Y ALLER!! no wonder que les taxis coûtent cher, tout le monde se graisse la patte dedans!!

the advantages of Uber are even better on the GREEN Side

They say here on an average its guys doing 15-20 hours max a week,
people from the area activating themselves, some is probabaly car pooling in a way, its a beautifull system,
less taxis driving around with no custromers or waiting on idle while talking in their homeland with a earbud, basically less cars on the road less traffic and pollution

basically like Kijiji, when they start talking about trying to tax us more on that, selling stuff youd usually throw in the garbage or keep in your attic for 20 years, saves people from buying new .

Green....

Man I just was on cote de liesse going towards TMR... The whole other side was completely blocked because of taxis. I feel bad for the people picking up or flying today who went that way... As for the other entrances I have no idea.

J'adore comment Uber brasse la marde dans l'industrie désuète du taxi, et nous fait découvrir comment leur système est vieux et corrompu:

Aujourd'hui les taxis vont manifester à YUL parce que les UBER y vont gratuitement.. Alors que .... L'AÉROPORT CHARGE UN FUCKING 2.5 MILLIONS PAR AN AUX TAXIS POUR AVOIR LE DROIT D'Y ALLER!! no wonder que les taxis coûtent cher, tout le monde se graisse la patte dedans!!

A ce que je sache, Uber peu amener quelqu'un a l'aeroport mais ils peuvent pas chercher quelqu'un la

I fing hate taxi`s they almost always cause accidents and drive like morons on top of having no respect for not only the road but people as well.
Uber is a great thing, its green and it helps people make some money and pre planned routes. Its also has more benefits than taxis who have only started to update their old outdated systems only because of uber.
This protest is stupid, watch how many accidents there is going to be. One taxi on the road around you is dangerous enough , imagine 1000.
Plus all these immigrants that come here and drive taxis like they are still in their own country going the long way when your drunk to make some extra money

Si jamais tu manques ton vol, peux-tu actionner le syndicat des taxis et leur demander un dédommagement?

^^ cavemen will do cavemen thing

mon chè là hein, les taxi-chauffeu sont tous trés trés trés éduqués, des diplômés pou tout part, univessité dans mon pays d'origine, beaucoup beaucoup haîtien et mahocain le sont, mais on fini tous taxi, pessone le re - co - naît

J'ai bien rit de leur demande de suspendre le service UberX durant la commission parlementaire.

La seule façon que ca serrait juste est si le service de taxi était suspendu lui aussi.

Back