Meet the new Top Gear presenters

I really cant stand any of those people lol i guess ill have to watch to see if it ends up beeing any good.

WHY are they now 7?? ( with stig ) the show is only 60 mins so each gets a 7 minute film??

With that many hosts I'm guessing the show will be like fifth gear. No real studio time and interaction between most of them. Just little car clips that are put together and presented. We'll have to wait and see how this all turns out.

They'll change the format, I don't think you'll see everyone every week. What I like about this is that it seems to be more a return to older top gear, actually focused on the cars instead of just dicking around (which I did enjoy, but it got repetitive). They know if they try to copy the format they had with hammond/may/clarkson and go head to head for the same viewers they wouldn't stand a chance. So probably less studio time/news/star in a reasonably price car (all of which were my least favorite bits of the show)

In regards to Matt Leblanc, I think it's pretty big unknown if it will work but if anyone watches his newer show Episodes, I think that's much closer to his real life personality than the idiot he played on friends, I can see a lot of banter between him and chris harris.

Overall it was always going to be impossible to replace the trio, this looks like a good way to start fresh.

Back