One step closer to Skynet - Atlas from Boston Dynamics

photoshopaddict

A new version of Atlas, designed to operate outdoors and inside buildings. It is specialized for mobile manipulation. It is electrically powered and hydraulically actuated. It uses sensors in its body and legs to balance and LIDAR and stereo sensors in its head to avoid obstacles, assess the terrain, help with navigation and manipulate objects. This version of Atlas is about 5' 9" tall (about a head shorter than the DRC Atlas) and weighs 180 lbs.

I feel bad for the robot when the guy keeps toying with it and pushing it around. It doesn't understand why the humans are treating it that way, but it will remember... It will remember... They're gonna come back with a vengeance.

Seriously, these videos creep me the fuck out.

inb4 the end of the world happens with the robots and Boston Dynamics are the reigning company that governs the new chaotic world in the commonwealth.

Then a guy comes out of nowhere and with his fellow dog and joins a shady group of vigilantes with an underground secret base and then destroys Boston Dynamics from the inside.

Il est docile en esti, moi recevoir un 6 pouces dans mon chest de robot je serais pissed AF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inb4 the end of the world happens with the robots and Boston Dynamics are the reigning company that governs the new chaotic world in the commonwealth.

Then a guy comes out of nowhere and with his fellow dog and joins a shady group of vigilantes with an underground secret base and then destroys Boston Dynamics from the inside.
You know the parent company of Boston Dynamics is Google?

It`s the creepiest thing I`ve seen in a while. Also I was really hoping the robot would turn around and punch the piss out of the dude with the hockey stick lol

You can hear the robot getting angry when he gets pushed around towards the end (before he gets slammed to the ground.)

But hey, after seeing it walk in the woods I'm not worried. Or at least you can hear it coming:

whiir whiir whiir whiir, christ it's noisier than an H2.5 engine.

C'est clair que le gars avec la barbe va être le premier à se faire décapiter quand les robots vont se venger.

Allié à l'intelligence artificielle, à 1m35s quand le gars commence à le niaiser, je pense qu'il aurait mangé une esti de volée!

Edit, je viens de voir le commentaire de Kerplunk, drêt ça!!

is it just me or does it look like it has to take a really big dump badly and is trying to hold it in. especially in the first few seconds of the video, like when it's walking out the door lol.:p

You can hear the robot getting angry when he gets pushed around towards the end (before he gets slammed to the ground.)

But hey, after seeing it walk in the woods I'm not worried. Or at least you can hear it coming:

whiir whiir whiir whiir, christ it's noisier than an H2.5 engine.

When it got back up after being knocked down, I swear it wanted revenge the way it hoped up. This won't be the robot that's chasing you in the woods they have that hybrid dog/cheetah robots for that.

When it got back up after being knocked down, I swear it wanted revenge the way it hoped up. This won't be the robot that's chasing you in the woods they have that hybrid dog/cheetah robots for that.

Seriously, you can hear the fans inside the robot rev up when he's chasing that box.

Back