Walnut blasting valve cleaning

Had Greg do the cleaning on my BMW 135i (newer N55 engine with 82,000Kms).
Valves were cleaner than expected perhaps due to the type of driving I put the car through.
Valves had a light dusting of carbon on them, but no serious build up or baked on layers...

Great service from Greg and Nice Guy to hang aroumd and share stories with...

I highly recommend him and he has the best pricing in town for this service.

Last edited:
Had Greg do the cleaning on my N55 with 82,000Kms. Valves were cleaner than expected perhaps due to the type of driving I put the car through. Valves had à light dusting of carbon on them...

Great service from Greg and Nice Guy to hang aroumd and share stories with...

Highly recommend him and he has the best pricing in town for this service.

What gaz are you using ? (octane and brand)
What is your driving style
Any mods ?

thanks,

What gaz are you using ? (octane and brand)
What is your driving style
Any mods ?

thanks,

Petro 94.
Custom tune to exploit the 94 octane.
Full bolt on mods...
2/3 of mileage I do is lapping and driving to and from tracks.
I work from home, and dont drive it on a daily basis.

List of mods: 255/35+255/35 Dunlop ZII StarSpec | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Diff lock down bracket | Bilstein B8+Swift SpecR springs+H&R Front Sway Bar | CDV delete | BMS Oil Thermostat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 FCA +guide rods+RSFB's+Tranny mounts | Manzo toe arms | Cobb PTF Stg2 agressive custom tune | PMU Club Racer RC09 brake pads | RB SS brake pistons | Goodridge SS brake lines | Custom brake cooling ducts ...

Just a heads up. As of late next week I am offering this service!

Greg, have you thought of "cross-posting in Audi and other "sub" forums?
I assume that there are plenty of other vehicles that are prone to rough idles and loss of performance, due to direct injection engines and their related carbon build up issues?

I spread the word for your services too when I see candidates at the local tracks this summer. Pretty soon, they will be lining up at your door, and begging for a little TLC, Gregster style ...

BMW seem to have rectified the problem with N55 engines for carbon build up. I checked mine recently and it as fairly clean. There's a guy in TO who does it for $225 if anyone is heading down there.

Would you blast an intake manifold for an e30? Just the blasting. I have it already taken apart.

Sadly my setup is on car cylinder head cleaning. You would be better off contacting someone who has a blasting cabinet, much less mess and better job. Metalfini in VSL rents booths out hourly

BMW seem to have rectified the problem with N55 engines for carbon build up. I checked mine recently and it as fairly clean. There's a guy in TO who does it for $225 if anyone is heading down there.

100% .. I did mine 2 months ago @90K and it was super clean. I did it because I needed to change the oil filter housing gaskets as a precaution measure. According to BMW, they very rarely do it on n55 engines.

Yea they revised the PCV system for N55. Early ones still gum up but not nearly as bad as N54s. Just get a catch can for N54 after cleaning.

Back