911 r

Unobtanium. 918 owners got first dibs. These won't ever be driven.

FU Porsche! This should be a regular production car.

Ils ont la technique pour garder leurs marges de profit hyper élevées...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

They don't make cars for the upper class anymore. They make cars for the super rich. You can't afford a 300k car if you're making 200k a year.

Whereas a GTR for example is 90k used, so you might get one, one day. These cars are totally unreasonably priced.

^^

x2 a 991 Turbo is getting closer and closer to the 300k$ range it's getting insane...

^^

x2 a 991 Turbo is getting closer and closer to the 300k$ range it's getting insane...

The exchange rate forever fucked the Canadian Porsche market.

110K for a 07 GT3, was barely 80K in 2013.
250k for a '12 GT3 RS, was 130K in 2013
200K for a '15 GT3, didn't sell for this new.
350K for a '16 GT3RS, 150K ADM.
60K for a beat up 996TT, wasn't selling at 40K in 2013.

All prices have firmed up or increased for desired Porsche sports cars 987.2S/R, GT3s, GT2s, Turbos, GTS.

Last edited:
I think the point of this R is to make shut up the 1% potential customers, that say the GT3 should come manual. Simple as that.

This car is kinda stupid, even more so when considering the 991.2 GT3 will be with the 4.0 and MT option for 40-50K less. The R is a pointless collectors' car similar to the 997.2 Speedster.
I think you are dreaming...but I might be wrong.
GT3 and manual in the same phrase?
It would be very nice to see, but I say good luck.

Get on Rennlist, word is already out.

991.2 GT3 will have MT option as demand is too strong, the R was a market test and all 991R production spots were pre-sold in 2 hours at Rennsport Reunion. 991.2 RS will remain PDK-S only.

I think the point of this R is to make shut up the 1% potential customers, that say the GT3 should come manual. Simple as that.

I think you are dreaming...but I might be wrong.
GT3 and manual in the same phrase?
It would be very nice to see, but I say good luck.

^^^ Ok...rennlist...like it was Porsche AG! Rennlist is like MR...but specialized on one brand, from what I know. Not a 100 reliable source.
911R? Test ? Same as GT4...and first 991 GT3 RS builts....were VIP programs. So basically 918 owners had the 1st pick...whatever was left, sold to the public.
911R is the same. Of course is sold out...like any other not numbered limited editions. Only a few are going to be built. At least for now...but Porsche AG might change their mind.
Hope I'm wrong...as I already said, but rumors are rumors.
They mentioned GT3 is a track car, so for them is has to be fast. From what I know, PDK faster than manual.
In my opinion one of the reason they built the R is to satisfy some fanatics and not to touch the GT3 track times...

The soaring prices are the reason I got into motorcycles...

Yep, same for me.

I coped with the fact that I will probably never have enough disposable income to drive (let alone own) one of my dream cars, so I turned to motorcycles instead. *tu*

SMKe67J.png

Rennlist, unlike MR, has been the first to pop up numerous accurate rumors on product development from Porsche. There are no reasons to believe that this will change on a forum where you can find multiple billionaires with intimate factory connections, very similar to FerrariChat in that sense.

The manual demand is simply too strong as shown with the GT4 and 911R. Either they make the R a production model, which would kill the collector status, or other a MT option on the street oriented GT3 model.

A 991.2 GT3 MT would also go a long way towards bringing some sense into the used GT4 and 997GT3 market which badly needs it.

^^^ Ok...rennlist...like it was Porsche AG! Rennlist is like MR...but specialized on one brand, from what I know. Not a 100 reliable source.
911R? Test ? Same as GT4...and first 991 GT3 RS builts....were VIP programs. So basically 918 owners had the 1st pick...whatever was left, sold to the public.
911R is the same. Of course is sold out...like any other not numbered limited editions. Only a few are going to be built. At least for now...but Porsche AG might change their mind.
Hope I'm wrong...as I already said, but rumors are rumors.
They mentioned GT3 is a track car, so for them is has to be fast. From what I know, PDK faster than manual.
In my opinion one of the reason they built the R is to satisfy some fanatics and not to touch the GT3 track times...

Back