Fiat 124 Abarth , la Miata pour les hommes :)

C le fun 300 hp et plus pour en avoir roulé... mais d,avoir peur de pogner des tickets...
La MX5 slow,, des 0-100 de 5.8 secondes. ont été faits...
Bah, accelerer vite c une chose, de perdre les sniffeux de bumper dans les bretelles, ¸a c jouissif...et priceless..
Et baisser le toit sur la nouvelle ND prends quoi, genre, 4 secondes????
Le remonter, 5 secondes et c manuel..

À chacun ses toys....et bonne ride!

Ça va faire plus rentrer ma tête?

Est-ce toi?

19de4e52e07ec436169183f32ece7023.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LG, arrête,
Y'é nice le ti char a ta femme,
laisse la être heureuse et casse toi pas la tête.

Interesting comparison above. What does the driveshaft dampener do?

Now that FIAT have announced they are pulling the 500 from the American market (not the 124 yet) I find it a bit sad they aren't selling as much as for example Smarts. They're not horrible cars and from the forums I've read the major issue with the 500 is the automatic transmission which ironically is made by Toyota (AISIN) but apparently the transmission itself is okay, the electronic sensors (FIAT) are what fail.

The reasons they're so popular in Europe and so absysmically unpopular in America are twofold:

1) Americans love their big cars and big trucks. Go to the US and the smallest cars you'll find are Jeep Renegades (which ironically are Fiat Pandas...)

2) Americans don't drive manual and buy lots and lots of automatic cars.

As a special mention I'll also admit that the 500s are expensive for what they are: Econoboxes.

My advice to everyone that asked me as a FIAT owner what I thought of them and whether they should get one is sure: Just get a manual transmission and you'll be fine. Most people then went and bought an automatic car made by someone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhI07mafWI4

Interesting comparison above. What does the driveshaft dampener do?

Now that FIAT have announced they are pulling the 500 from the American market (not the 124 yet) I find it a bit sad they aren't selling as much as for example Smarts. They're not horrible cars and from the forums I've read the major issue with the 500 is the automatic transmission which ironically is made by Toyota (AISIN) but apparently the transmission itself is okay, the electronic sensors (FIAT) are what fail.

The reasons they're so popular in Europe and so absysmically unpopular in America are twofold:

1) Americans love their big cars and big trucks. Go to the US and the smallest cars you'll find are Jeep Renegades (which ironically are Fiat Pandas...)

2) Americans don't drive manual and buy lots and lots of automatic cars.

As a special mention I'll also admit that the 500s are expensive for what they are: Econoboxes.

My advice to everyone that asked me as a FIAT owner what I thought of them and whether they should get one is sure: Just get a manual transmission and you'll be fine. Most people then went and bought an automatic car made by someone else.

Fiat 500's sold WAYYY better than the Smart Car. The Smart car is being discontinued as well.

The problem isn't that people don't like micro cars, the problem is that the micro cars that exist are all quirky and weird (and overpriced). No way I'd ever drive a Smart Car or a Fiat 500. Build me a tiny barebones RWD car (hello Toyota SF-R???) and I'll be the first in line to buy one.

Hell, I'd rather drive a '91 Civic SI hatch than a Smart Car or a Fiat 500.

Fiat 500's sold WAYYY better than the Smart Car. The Smart car is being discontinued as well.

The problem isn't that people don't like micro cars, the problem is that the micro cars that exist are all quirky and weird (and overpriced). No way I'd ever drive a Smart Car or a Fiat 500. Build me a tiny barebones RWD car (hello Toyota SF-R???) and I'll be the first in line to buy one.

Look at the 20 best selling cars in the US and you'll notice the smallest ones are Nissan Sentra/Toyota Corolla. The rest are pretty big cars, SUVs or pick-up trucks.

Small cars don't sell in America and they never will, not until gas prices double or triple there and people are forced into it legislatively. For now as long as Ken and Barbie can have a 3 ton monster truck, they will.

About the SmartCar and 500s, I've driven both - my mom still has a ForTwo. The base 500 is so much more lively to drive it's not even comparable.

You are correct about that! Look at the Fit for example (ok not that much of a micro car) it's almost the same price as a Civic, not a volume

Back