SAAQ "high-end" car list

73vette

Legacy Member
Hey Guys, I've saw the list a few months ago of "high end/luxury"cars 10 yrs and older that must be evaluated prior to plating in order for the saaq to charge taxes ....now I'm about to pull the trigger on a car that is on that list. I just want to know if anyone has had 1st hand experience with this lately. Is the SAAQ still enforcing this rule?

Last edited:
^Which car. I bought the Porsche 4 months ago and they hassled the fuck out of me. Charged me an extra 1000$ to register is.

^Yeah I paid 4 grand in taxes for my Carrera 4 2011. I bought it for 54k and they said the evaluation was higher. So I had to spend another 9xx$ to register it. The lady was so arrogant. I honestly just wanted to drive my car home, and she was making a huge scene. She went as far as to insinuate that if I can't afford the taxes, I probably shouldn't be buying the car.

They will be waiting for you 73Vette.

^Yeah I paid 4 grand in taxes for my Carrera 4 2011. I bought it for 54k and they said the evaluation was higher. So I had to spend another 9xx$ to register it. The lady was so arrogant. I honestly just wanted to drive my car home, and she was making a huge scene. She went as far as to insinuate that if I can't afford the taxes, I probably shouldn't be buying the car.

That is different, your 2011 is still in the books, they already have a set evaluation listed and you must pay taxes on the higher of the 2, whether it be the sale price or the amount they have listed.

My question refers to the cars that are no longer listed

Did you told her that she can go fuck herself in her Tercel and that whatever you buy or get is not of her business? I would've.

Personne a la photo de la napkin avec les modèle écris dessus ?

j'allait demander la même chose, mais c'étais plus une page écrite avec une machine à tapper qui a été photocopier 17 fois

'' je me souviens '' du mot MERCEDES, thats it ! Mercedes ....

10m5zb.jpg

^When people say SAAQ. I picture Laquisha behind the counter of a small office full of driving posters inciting people to drive even slower. Laquisha has had 4 smoke breaks and it's 11am. She makes 58000$/year and uses the dental plan to it's fullest. Laquisha's feet hurt, so she's sitting down on a very sturdy chair. The latter is holding up almost 400lbs worth of Tim-Horton donuts mixed with Starbucks coffee. Laquisha hates her job, she doesn't understand the majority of the system she uses everyday. She hates the peasants that come in. Sometimes, she purposely types slow, just so that she doesn't have to see many clients. She can't wait to hit 55, so she can retire with a fat pension and spend the rest of her obese life in Cuba.

^If that money went to a system that worked, I would be more than happy. If the roads were soft like a Brazilian models titties I'd be more than glad. But since Sherbrooke is about to become a rally stage and Turcott looks like Eastern Berlin, I would say fuck that shit.

I think that list has changed and they took out all the "normal" cars. I was looking for some answers as well because was thinking of getting an older Lexus and was hoping not to have to deal with this BS.

Back