SAAQ "high-end" car list

Yea of course you cant plate it if you dont pay but if there is no explanation to why they charge tax then it's a scam. This has to go viral and they need to be sued..

This is why i am asking if anyone can give a clear answer how they can tax like that

Tax on success doesnt make sense

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Lol 'go viral' everyone already know that. You really wanna sue the government? Lol its like income taxes you cant just not pay them. Bend over and obey the almighty!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Lol 'go viral' everyone already know that. You really wanna sue the government? Lol its like income taxes you cant just not pay them. Bend over and obey the almighty!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
If everyone is aware that this is not normal then something must be done!

Gvmt is becoming one giant bbc, there is only so much lube can do!

Dude, it doesn't affect a lot of people and you won't get any sympathy that your +50 000$ cost you more money to plate than other regular car. You would have better chances for bigger displacement engine as they will use more fuel (and the fuel is taxed already!).

And to be clear, I am 100% with you, it doesn't make any sense.

I have a SS bike and I have to pay + 1300$ for plates alone. Most people don't care as they think all SS bike owners are morons. In Ontario my bike would cost me 21-42$ per years...

I hate that kind of BS.

Add to that the cost of daycare that is now index to revenue, as I am already paying more taxes at a higher income percentage than lower revenue persons.

Our society has established by taxing more (% increase with revenue) we should share the same services. But now we are starting to see that the same services are indexed to the revenue.

I am getting mad by typing this.

I have a SS bike and I have to pay + 1300$ for plates alone. Most people don't care as they think all SS bike owners are morons. In Ontario my bike would cost me 21-42$ per years...

attends de voir ta soumission d'assurance d'ontario, tu trouvera probablement pu ca aussi rentable

Dude, it doesn't affect a lot of people and you won't get any sympathy that your +50 000$ cost you more money to plate than other regular car. You would have better chances for bigger displacement engine as they will use more fuel (and the fuel is taxed already!).

And to be clear, I am 100% with you, it doesn't make any sense.

I hate that kind of BS.

Add to that the cost of daycare that is now index to revenue, as I am already paying more taxes at a higher income percentage than lower revenue persons.

Our society has established by taxing more (% increase with revenue) we should share the same services. But now we are starting to see that the same services are indexed to the revenue.

I am getting mad by typing this.
I understand your pain 100% with income tax and ss plates, been there done that lol

But the whole tax on used car affects everyone unless you are the type that buys new cars only. It also makes me furious thinking about money i gave them for plates only on the motorcycle.
On top of that they rob us in our face with this tax out of nowhere as if it's normal, all assuming that there is no clear explanation to it.
You buy a 25k used car and you donate another 2.5k just like that lol.. then if you sell the car to your friend months later he will also pay another 2.5k. Wtf is this shit when you actually think about it.

Any lawyers or maybe an accountant has any opinion on this?

I would say that if it was " illegal " some lawyer would have already thought about it...no?

Anyhow..let me tell you how I see it.
They will remove this tax let's say...and add the windshield tax. You know what I mean....
They made a budget...and they will do no matter what to reach that budget. If is not from this tax...it will come from the other side.

C'est pas illegal de taxer... C'est plate mais le gouvernement pour imposer 100% de taxe sur tout et ce serait pas illegal. Nos seuls recours sont de demenager la ou y a moins de taxes ou bien d'arreter d'acheter des produits taxés...

I just spoke to the SAAQ cuz I'm going to pick a 2003 Lexus IS300 and he said that the tax will calculated based on the selling price, no need to go get it evaluated anywhere else. I hope the guy on the phone was not wrong. I'll keep you boys posted I should have the final answer next Monday or Tuesday.

Je ne veux pas faire dévier le thread, ni en partir un juste pour une question.....

Vendredi matin je vais a la Saaq rejoindre une amie a ma blonde pour transférer mon Saturn Ion 2005. Ma question est : Est-ce que je peux le passer a 50$ ?

I just spoke to the SAAQ cuz I'm going to pick a 2003 Lexus IS300 and he said that the tax will calculated based on the selling price, no need to go get it evaluated anywhere else. I hope the guy on the phone was not wrong. I'll keep you boys posted I should have the final answer next Monday or Tuesday.

Please do, thx

Je ne veux pas faire dévier le thread, ni en partir un juste pour une question.....

Vendredi matin je vais a la Saaq rejoindre une amie a ma blonde pour transférer mon Saturn Ion 2005. Ma question est : Est-ce que je peux le passer a 50$ ?

yes.

just plated a 2003 Lexus IS300 (Lexus was on the list presented a few months back) the taxes paid were on the amount that I told her I paid for the car. She pulled out some random black book for a second, then I told her that the car was over 10 years old; she was like "c'est correct, je me comprends" I don't know what the hell she checked but it did not matter. I paid my 9.95% tax and got the f out of there, plated and happy. Although, the boys at the inspection said that the "high end" car list is not a myth, he claimed that, ferraris and cars like that might actually get sent for an evaluation. Cheers boys

just plated a 2003 Lexus IS300 (Lexus was on the list presented a few months back) the taxes paid were on the amount that I told her I paid for the car. She pulled out some random black book for a second, then I told her that the car was over 10 years old; she was like "c'est correct, je me comprends" I don't know what the hell she checked but it did not matter. I paid my 9.95% tax and got the f out of there, plated and happy. Although, the boys at the inspection said that the "high end" car list is not a myth, he claimed that, ferraris and cars like that might actually get sent for an evaluation. Cheers boys

Do you mind letting us know which outlet this was done at?

Prob to figure out the weight to write down on the Regi. Did the same with my BMW

Update:

Yesterday I purchased a car that was/is on the infamous "list" and there was NO request for an evaluation to determine taxes.

Therefor taxes paid on the vehicle were based on the amount I told them i paid for the car.

Back