Ferrari California vs Ferrari F430 vs 991 Porsche GT3

MontrealM3

Legacy Member
Today was a good day. As a kid, I had 3 posters on my wall to dream about, a Porsche, a Ferrari and Samantha Fox (google it 90's style).

This morning, I arrived at a dealership with the goal of obtaining my second dream, a Ferrari F430 Spyder. I took it for a test drive and loved it. FYI I have owned two P cars (996Turbo and 997S) and thought it was time to switch to that Ferrari.

When I got back to the dealer, a 2014 991 GT3 was just sitting there. I asked the owner what he thought about the GT3 and he mentioned that this was THE car to get. He offered to give it to me for a test drive and I thought why not but to prepare the F430 for delivery.

I took out the GT3 and could not F'ing believe how amazing it was. Like, in every capacity. The engine, the brakes, the PDK, the exhaust note, the interior, etc. My dream of the Ferrari was dashed by a GT3. I drove back in and told the owner to forget the F430 and he laughed saying "I told you so".

For fun, a Ferrari California was there and he said "take it for a spin if you want". I drove it about 300 feet and thought it sucked and turned around saying this is not the car for me.

Suffice to say, I drove home in the GT3. It is such an amazing car. Can't wait to track it, I'll be happy if I can get 5/10ths of what it can do.. Such an amazing car.. FYI the price of all 3 cars were nearly identical and I also looked at a 2010 Gallardo Spyder.

IMG_0906.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0906.jpg
    IMG_0906.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 142
Nice car, funny to see that GT3 in the same parking lot as some Mazdas... we need a video of the exhaust tone.

You should get them windows tinted asap too!

Awesome buy
I recently did some laps in a GT3 and it's just insane, every gear shift sounds like you're pulling the trigger on a shotgun
Almost lost it a few times, I gotta learn how to drive

The best part was when he called me pretty much giggling like a school girl that just got her first kiss!

Wow.

I don't know what's your background but Congrats / you're very lucky to be able to afford such a dream car :)

Back