Artico leather vs. Real leather

volv8

Legacy Member
Why is it I have to pay an extra $2,800 for real leather on a 2016 GLE 350d when I'm already spending close to $70,000 ?

Sure, Artificial Cow (Artico) looks decent, and feels okay, but I prefer the real deal. I just hate the idea of having to order it on a car of this price.

Has anyone had any experience with the two? Pros/Cons?

Why is it I have to pay an extra $2,800 for real leather on a 2016 GLE 350d when I'm already spending close to $70,000 ?

Because if it had real leather, it would be 72,800$. Simple math. This gives a cheaper option to those willing to save the 3k.

Only stupid mistake IMO is to GIVE the option. Put leather, sell it 72,800$ and call it a day.

I plan on leasing the GLE for 3 years.
I currently have a 2½ year old boy, and another one due end of May.
Which option would you recommend (that would resist their abuse, if it even matters), fake or real leather?

get the abusive wear option (or whatever it's called) and don't worry about it. It's a lease...

I decided to go with a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with the 3.0L V6 EcoDiesel engine instead.
Much better value for the money compared to the GLE, even though both are designed from the same platform (DaimlerChrysler days).

Mercedes didn't want to negotiate, whereas Jeep did. The only things I'm missing out on are 360° cameras, and Apple CarPlay.

Back