Tint/Exhaust inspection/ticket questions

Not to thread jack but can i pass inspection with aftermarket resonator and exhaust ?

Yep. You can pass it as long as your exhaust isn't leaking, is fastened correctly and isn't within 2' of any wires/flammable stuff etc.

If your exhaust isn't busted and is more or less in the same spot as your OEM exhaust, you're fine.

Yep. You can pass it as long as your exhaust isn't leaking, is fastened correctly and isn't within 2' of any wires/flammable stuff etc.

If your exhaust isn't busted and is more or less in the same spot as your OEM exhaust, you're fine.
Can we pass with no catalytic converter?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Mets donc une canne au look stock stock, c'est quand tu attires leur attention qu'ils te courent apres...

Les exhaust tips que tu peux te rentrer la tete par le trou c'est certain que tu attires le trouble, meme si c'est plus silencieux que stock

Et les Abarth elles... no muffler comme les SRT-4...

Ça compte pas ça sort de l'usine de même. Ton exhaust doit avoir tous les composantes comme d'origine, si ya pas de muffler en sortant de l'usine la police peut rien à faire à part t'envoyer contester en cour avec les papiers du manufacturier.

Can we pass with no catalytic converter?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

From what CAA tells me, they do not check anything other than leaks, the fact that it's on properly and is at least 2 inches from wires/flammable. You may fail if it leaks oils/gas. It's probably also safe to assume if you're spewing mad straight piped diesel exhaust, you'll also fail.

I'll share more after I go in tomorrow.

On another note...

I think all the cop has are pictures. The car looks like it has mufflers and I have proof that after the last ticket I installed a resonator. Any chance that'll hold?

From what CAA tells me, they do not check anything other than leaks, the fact that it's on properly and is at least 2 inches from wires/flammable. You may fail if it leaks oils/gas. It's probably also safe to assume if you're spewing mad straight piped diesel exhaust, you'll also fail.

I'll share more after I go in tomorrow.

On another note...

I think all the cop has are pictures. The car looks like it has mufflers and I have proof that after the last ticket I installed a resonator. Any chance that'll hold?

Can you post a video of your car? I want to hear the exhaust. I have a thing for VQ35's No homo.

Great cause the previous owner of the car i have took out the resonator the system has no leaks has the cats has a muffler but no resonator.

Looking to pass inspection next week .

Keep us posted

I got an exhaust ticket last week. Tried arguing with the cop but it was useless. All he kept saying is "go contest it if you're unhappy". My exhaust has a muffler , res, and cats but you will still fail in court unless it was made for on road usage. Only exhaust that would stand a chance in court is a oem performance exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got an exhaust ticket last week. Tried arguing with the cop but it was useless. All he kept saying is "go contest it if you're unhappy". My exhaust has a muffler , res, and cats but you will still fail in court unless it was made for on road usage. Only exhaust that would stand a chance in court is a oem performance exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did you get an infraction 258?

Double checked with the inspection guys for exhaust, it is compliant if it doesn't leak, is attached and not poorly located.

Back