Question on shipping a transmission overseas...

patrickd_21

I`m trying to ship a transmission for my 93 Mitsubishi Evo 1 from the UK to the south shore of montreal and I`m getting quotes ranging from $700-$1000 which is insane...is this really what it costs, or am I not doing this properly.

Anyone ever ship a transmission or engine from overseas? What did it cost, and how did you do it?

Thanks!

it cost me 55 GBP to ship 2 shocks from the UK, that like 100$.. makes sense to me 700$ for a tranny. with the weak CAD vs the strong GBP..

considering the size and weight that doesn't seem outrageous. What did you expect, about three fiddy?

A set of coilovers shipped from Carnewal is about 120euros... I had a set of brake rotors and calipers shipped for about 400$ shipping is done in dimensional weight. I once paid 300$ USD to ship 2 shocks air freight on Delta ATL-YUL.. Chances are this will be going by air so those quotes seem perfectly reasonable for a transmission.

You should call AC Cargo, British Airways Cargo etc and compare with UPS, FedEx, DHL

1)find a friend who has a commercial account with one of the main shipping companies, mucho discount
2)DHL is great, I use them for the more esoteric shipping arrangements

A set of coilovers shipped from Carnewal is about 120euros... I had a set of brake rotors and calipers shipped for about 400$ shipping is done in dimensional weight. I once paid 300$ USD to ship 2 shocks air freight on Delta ATL-YUL.. Chances are this will be going by air so those quotes seem perfectly reasonable for a transmission.

You should call AC Cargo, British Airways Cargo etc and compare with UPS, FedEx, DHL

Back