Modern Holy Grail Cars

kdryden99

I was curious on getting your opinions on this. Since all cars are assembly line assembled and pretty much mass produced in the last 50 years, what cars today would be considered Holy Grail cars? In the past I believe there were more of these because there were more mistakes made and budgets were much more limited but nowadays which cars would be considered rare and real limited editions? Let's limit this to the past 20 years

I'll start things off with a couple

Tesla Roadster 2500 Made

Roadster_2.5_windmills_trimmed.jpg

2009 Shelby GT500KR QTY Made <300??

Shelby_GT500KR_at_NYIAS.jpg

Well if you wanna think of rare limited editions, im almost compelled to tell you that any of those one off or uber rare lambos that are build and pre sold to oil princes would qualify.... Oh also the Mclaren F1 LM. 5 produced.

McLaren-LM2-GT.jpg

Mustang Cobra Jet
COPO camaro
Challenger Drag pak

Si je ne me trompe pas, tu ne peux pas plaquer aucun des trois.

Well if you wanna think of rare limited editions, im almost compelled to tell you that any of those one off or uber rare lambos that are build and pre sold to oil princes would qualify.... Oh also the Mclaren F1 LM. 5 produced.

http://www.agent4stars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/McLaren-LM2-GT.jpg

The one issue I have with those 1 off is that those are more like custom builds and not really rare production cars.

Je ne sais pas si les autres membres pensent pareil. Ton LM par exemple est une bonne exemple.

Another example that comes to mind is the Challenger/Charger Hellcat, but my problem with these is that there are just over 3000 of manufactured, does that make it rare?

One that came to mind which you wouldn't think of might be a MKII Golf R 2 door

Ya des voitures rares mais aussi des "trim level" rares de voitures de production de masse.

Tsé, comme une Jetta MKII Trophy c'est rare (500) mais comme tel, un MKII c'est pas rare.

Another example that comes to mind is the Challenger/Charger Hellcat, but my problem with these is that there are just over 3000 of manufactured, does that make it rare?
eh non. tu peux en commander un demain matin si tu veux, tu va juste l'avoir dans 6+ mois.

The one issue I have with those 1 off is that those are more like custom builds and not really rare production cars.

Je ne sais pas si les autres membres pensent pareil. Ton LM par exemple est une bonne exemple.

One that came to mind which you wouldn't think of might be a MKII Golf R 2 door

Since youre in that cathegory, the real holy grail less than 20 years old,
would be the SRT8 MAgnum, the last year 2009

Since youre in that cathegory, the real holy grail less than 20 years old,
would be the SRT8 MAgnum, the last year 2008

The 2008 Magnum SRT8 has the lowest production numbers of all SRT8 models for any model year. Only 232 were built (207 USA, 25 Canada, including 11 pre-production models, some of which were later sold at retail).

By color:

Black: 119 (51.29%)
TorRed: 50 (21.55%)
Silver: 34 (14.66%)
Blue: 29 (12.50%)

J'ai pas trouvé d'autre info, mais je savais qu'il était ultra rare!

The 2008 Magnum SRT8 has the lowest production numbers of all SRT8 models for any model year. Only 232 were built (207 USA, 25 Canada, including 11 pre-production models, some of which were later sold at retail).

By color:

Black: 119 (51.29%)
TorRed: 50 (21.55%)
Silver: 34 (14.66%)
Blue: 29 (12.50%)

J'ai pas trouvé d'autre info, mais je savais qu'il était ultra rare!

as tu les autres années par hasard ?

Back