Article: Canada only cars.

Studebaker, an american car manufacturer from Indiana, moved its entire production to Canada in 1963, because they were only profitable in Canada.

Studebaker%20of%20Canada%20New.jpg

They carried on until 1966, when the company folded.

66%20Stude%20Ad%20Canada.jpg

Holy shit. How could I forget my fav muscle car of all times - Pontiac Acadian Canso SD 1966.

A 1966 Nova SS with a Pontiac Front end.

117370_Front_3-4_Web.JPG

It's amazing how much shit was on the road back then. We are so lucky to actually have pretty decent cars these days.

Yes, very true. There are no Yugos and Ladas nowadays. Shit, even the cheapest car, the Nissan Micra which costs about the same as the last of these early shitboxes is a pretty decent machine with excellent reliability in comparaison.

That's why I get mad when the rose tinted brigade harp their "it was better before" horseshit.

Yes, very true. There are no Yugos and Ladas nowadays. Shit, even the cheapest car, the Nissan Micra which costs about the same as the last of these early shitboxes is a pretty decent machine with excellent reliability in comparaison.

That's why I get mad when the rose tinted brigade harp their "it was better before" horseshit.

And the Micra will need minimal maintenance for the next 10 years.. I remember a family friend owned a garage and he was literally rolling in cash. Aside what many around here feel, those carb'd Toyota, Honda and Nissans weren't exactly the best. Owning a GM anything mean't a yearly alternator, fuel pump, transmission modulator valve... 5-7 years it was ready for the salvage yard. Remember those GM W-Body cars with the transverse leaf for rear suspension? and those insta sieze Peugeot rear calipers? My mom got pissed off driving a Bonneville SSEI around with clunks, rattles (I was convinced there were beer bottles in the rockers) that she got an E36 318i new at Canbec, yes when there were only 5 cars in the showroom.

Today unless you specialize in something you'll just be changing oil/brakes/tires...

2011 Mercedes C63 AMG Affalterbach Edition, a special edition specially created for the Canadian market. There are only 30 units built of this model...

image.jpeg

Woah! Had to google that - pretty arcane stuff!

http://www.uneedapart.com/images/pontiac-sunburst-parts.jpg

I've never ever seen one, never heard of it either!

Jamais vu moi non plus mais je savais que ca existait parce que c'est une Isuzu I-mark rebadgée. Je ne sais pas pourquoi mais ça été vendu dans l'ouest seulement. Meme chose que la Chevrolet Spectrum, mais elle, a été vendue aux USA aussi. J'en ai vu une ou deux.

Back