Montreal Racing Sanair Race Day

Props to od_man for getting the ball rolling even if its not to everyones liking/standards.

I haven't been there in recent years but from what I recall the asphalt was questionable.

icar has amateur night which is cool but still you're on the track with nubs and you can only drive 5-7 tenths if you're lucky.

ASE is 150 a year plus driving time which equates to about 300+ a summer and then you're looking at 100-300 for a helmet if you don't have. Top end 600 not including brake parts.

If you can't afford that to get into racing, you shouldn't be racing.

That said, those who are interested in getting into racing and wanna start by getting their feet wet, this is definitely a cool idea for them: to see whether something like buying a helmet and being a part of ASE lapping is something they want to invest in.

Those who already do lapping wouldn't be interested because they're already used to more challenging courses and competitiveness not for the sake of having fun.

It's a neat idea for an MR meet so count me in, although I won't be able to make it on the 30th but I'll keep my eyes peeled on this thread for further/official dates.

Not aware of rules, but can you use motorcycle helmet for track events ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Belle initiative, mais 75$ (prix vraiment très abordable pour du lapping all day), pas de casque, pas d'instructeur. C'est un remède parfait pour des ti-counes avec des pneus / freins pas top shape qui se dépasse n'importe où et n'importe comment sur la piste = carnage.

Je n'ai jamais été à Sanair, mais les commentaires que j'ai sont souvent que la piste est très magané (malgré que le tracé semble bien intéressant). Pour moi, ASE demeure la piste pour débuté par excellence.

Thread revival

Nous serons quelques amis a Sanair ce mercredi 27 pour faire du lapping de 11:00 @ 20:00.

Bienvenue a ceux qui aimeraient venir faire du lapping avec nous

Back