Article: Who is going to SCP this weekend ?

Coffee meet... Few nice cars... Geez. Were you drunk? There was alot of nice cars.
e1e7434243f1c6abdb21d3b457e0a082.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

My plans cleared up so I went last minute. Showed up with an open mind, partially hyped because of the pictures posted in this thread.

Gotta say despite that there were a few very nice cars, it was very disappointing. 20$ for essentially a 30 minute tour. Fast/rtx/Lambo took up half of the interior real estate, which was very lame imo. Over half the cars were just cars I've seen around town, or average car show stock.

Tbqh, I think if they sectioned off the parking to allow an area for modded/performance cars, had a coffee booth and ran a meet, it would have been more interesting. There were a lot of nice cars in the lot.

This. Half those car we get to see them at meets for free or at the Mtl auto show for 15$. 20$ for a 30 minutes walk Is close to a rip off This isn't Walt Disney.

This. Half those car we get to see them at meets for free or at the Mtl auto show for 15$. 20$ for a 30 minutes walk Is close to a rip off This isn't Walt Disney.
Ok so as the scp back in the day... But ppl were less bitching beacause they were not on Montreal racing and actualy enjoying the tuning scene. We saw alot of passionates this week end. It was fun.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I went tonight thanks to Danny. Hung out most of the night with the guys at the Fast Wheels booth and JRP. Not going to lie, there was very very little attendance we all agreed there were more people repping booths over actual people walking around. Lot's of quality cars though but the advertising and promotion was seriously flawed. Not the crowds of thousands from years past..

Makes sense. 20$ to enter to see some cars, and no real "extreme exclusives" were present such as a Pagani, or a classic Ferrari, or a 959, etc... 20$ to see some cars for 20 minutes and leave. No thanks, Cars & Coffee at LamboMTL is free and 10x better. Palais des Congres is 13$ and I get to sit in cars.

I was asked to bring both my vette and my Bel Air, but 80$ per car to inscribe. Yea... no.

Also, I kept seeing pictures of the same 3 cars on social media. A japped Ferrari, some japanese car that was so modded it looked like a new Challenger, and a widebody NSX. Besides that, I know of absolutely no other cars that were at the show. Only one set of tickets was being given away as a contest, and all the advertisement only started about 5 days ago.

More importantly, imagine some kid wanted to go see some cool cars with his dad for an hour, and it would cost them 40$ just to take a walk around and see cars from 10 feet away. That price is crazy. He could go karting for the same amount of time for that price, and the kid would have much more fun.

Makes sense. 20$ to enter to see some cars, and no real "extreme exclusives" were present such as a Pagani, or a classic Ferrari, or a 959, etc... 20$ to see some cars for 20 minutes and leave. No thanks, Cars & Coffee at LamboMTL is free and 10x better. Palais des Congres is 13$ and I get to sit in cars.

I was asked to bring both my vette and my Bel Air, but 80$ per car to inscribe. Yea... no.

Also, I kept seeing pictures of the same 3 cars on social media. A japped Ferrari, some japanese car that was so modded it looked like a new Challenger, and a widebody NSX. Besides that, I know of absolutely no other cars that were at the show. Only one set of tickets was being given away as a contest, and all the advertisement only started about 5 days ago.

More importantly, imagine some kid wanted to go see some cool cars with his dad for an hour, and it would cost them 40$ just to take a walk around and see cars from 10 feet away. That price is crazy. He could go karting for the same amount of time for that price, and the kid would have much more fun.

Yea the 20$ fee for the size of the event was questionable as I know that venue isn't very expensive to rent (My industry trade show is there annually and it's PACKED).. 10$ per head would have been reasonable. Those Ferrari's etc should have been placed at the rear of the show, this way people would have been forced to walk around.

It's either the scene is dead (Which it isn't) or people prefer outdoor events.

The period of the year for an indoor car show was probably the main problem. In mid-late april we always have the first warm week end and the people prefer doing work on their car or enjoying the weather instead of paying 20$ for an indoor car show. SCP was popular because it was in november when it's cold , rainy , short days and nothing else to do.

i happened to be in the area with my buddy..we stopped by place seemed dead..decided to go spend the 20$ elsewere lol

I really liked it. Sure maybe you can see some of these cars at the meets, but not all of them at the same time anyway.

Maybe it's me, but I got tired of meets very quickly and I rather go to 1 show and see a bunch of nice cars then go to 20 meets to see a few nice cars surrounded by pos. Outside could of been more packed, but I'm sure more people will register next year.

It was about time to have a nice indoors show :) Im sure it will grow in something very big!

And I like the period of the year, it's a great way to launch the summer.

c'est juste moi, ou les proprio qui font du camping a coté de leur char exposés... ca fait ordinaire un peu ?

et pas juste au scp, je parle dans les show en general

Back