Montreal is teaming up with WAZE (google ) for real time traffic. --> but they won't

student13

Montreal is teaming up with WAZE (google ) for real time traffic. --> but they won't

Montreal is teaming up with Waze to deliver real time traffic information to app users .

Awesome, and high tech....... but they won't ever just use common sense IE to syncronize the damn lights. In Chicago, during rush hour, in downtown, the police stand there and wave people through. Moreover, companies like Siemens, Samsung, and IBM, make traffic lights with cameras and sensors that are connected to "the internet of things" to alleviate traffic. Works in Singapore and Dubai.I have seen them work personally. It's a bit disappointing, that there is no need for the amount of congestion we have in Montreal, just that the street lights contract probably go to some mafia company, ...... just like using cast iron pipes that rust and flood Sainte Catherine st in the winter vs. PVC plastic that does not rust (as revealed by The Charbonneau Commission).

http://www.mtlblog.com/2016/04/city-of-montreal-waze-app-google-traffice/#

http://www.mtlblog.com/2016/04/city-of-montreal-waze-app-google-traffice/#

Last edited:
The link should be working properly.

Anyhow, with a high speed rail link by 2020 , hopefully, the city will be more transit friendly.

The link should be working properly.

Anyhow, with a high speed rail link by 2020 , hopefully, the city will be more transit friendly.

Its not the link thats broken.

This province is corrupt to its core. Either accept it or move out i say... I know its lazy reasoning but when it comes to this province theres so many things that the goverment doesnt do despite it being common sense... like the PVC pipes and shit.

Its not the link thats broken.

This province is corrupt to its core. Either accept it or move out i say... I know its lazy reasoning but when it comes to this province theres so many things that the goverment doesnt do despite it being common sense... like the PVC pipes and shit.

Quebec should improve to keep up with the rest of the civilized world rather than the other way around. In places like Singapore, you can get live fleet tracking via GPS/ and 4G-LTE of where the city bus and light rail is in real time. Many major American cities are moving towards smart traffic lights, already
in Asia and the middle east.

Hard working people should not move out of Quebec, but rather Quebec should start moving in step with the rest of the world.

How may people on MR use Waze?
Such a great application...but it seems that even if you tell your friends about it...they still don't download it or use it every time they drive around.
That would be the 1st step...

http://www.montrealracing.com/forum...ateurs-de-WAZE-ou-TRAPSTER-ici&highlight=waze

http://www.montrealracing.com/forums/showthread.php?892423-Utilisateurs-WAZE&highlight=waze

http://www.montrealracing.com/forum...ON-to-tell-where-cops-are-WAZE&highlight=waze

In WAZE we trust !

I already asked this question, on another thread, and it seems that MR members, said loudly in Waze we DON'T TRUST .

http://www.montrealracing.com/forum...more-popular-with-MR-community&highlight=waze

It seems that people feel that it DOES NOT WARN ABOUT COPS. Thats the biggest thign we need speed trap warning.

God, laser detectors, detect too late, radar detectors, give too many false alarms, due to personal experience, and Waze takes up too much batteries. What to do ?

Nobody has really had any positive expereince with police detection right?

The last update is much less intensive on the battery... Did mtl ottawa, screen on, no problem and had some battery left for the day. Nexus 5

Integrated to Google, fine, but WAZE on it's own is a battery destroyer.
Google maps is by far the best nav app.

It would need warning integration.

I have used Waze a few weeks and didn't like it, not reliable, waaay too distracting, PITA to add warnings (and only in the direction you are traveling which is the biggest drawback IMO)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

God, laser detectors, detect too late, radar detectors, give too many false alarms, due to personal experience, and Waze takes up too much batteries. What to do ?

GPS track the actual police cars and plot them on the map.

I'm sure all cops have geolocalization so that the base knows where cars are, it would be awesome to hack and get this data.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Not sure in Mtl polica cars have geo localization. I was looking into building a police scanner but police cars don't emit all the time

^^ they do.

Integrated to Google, fine, but WAZE on it's own is a battery destroyer.

Objection !!!

I ditched WAZE so many times and came back for it. The reason ? Just like you. The battery was killing me !
But I learnt from friends, that yes, if you do not use it "properly" will consume a lot of battery.
Proper way to do it : turn waze on. You activate the voice , as was mentioned before , thru the Bluetooth (ideally not ,even more battery) of the car or the phone's speaker. You place phone to sleep. And drive...
Average, I drive up north ( about 50-60 minutes) and depending on how many alerts I get it uses between 6-12% of a Samsung battery. For 1h drive, I do not find a lot.
If you leave the screen on...yes, it will kill the battery.
And BTW...if I see a cop ( 99% of the time is already there) I add it. So, turn on the phone, add it and sleep mode again.
You have the voice control that works really good as well. Tap 3 times on the screen and talk...place alerts, police, etc...so you do not have to look at the phone while you drive.

Have you tried not driving like an idiot?

Great. Just what I need, another app that tracks and logs every mile I drive. Does anyone place any value on privacy these days?

Back