The Triggering: Has Political Correctness Gone Too Far?

http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/3/11855618/x-men-apocalypse-mystique-strangle-poster-fox-apology

Fox has apologized for a widely reviled promotional image for X-Men: Apocalypse, which shows Oscar Isaac's Apocalypse strangling Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique.

Actress Rose McGowan spoke about the image on her Facebook, and in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, she said, "There is no context in the ad, just a woman getting strangled. The fact that no one flagged this is offensive and frankly, stupid." She continued to challenge 20th Century Fox directly, asking, "Since you can't manage to put any women directors on your slate for the next two years, how about you at least replace your ad?"

Feminist site The Mary Sue also criticized the image saying, "This poster reinforces a narrative that commandeers and reduces women into a position of helplessness through violence."
In a statement to The Wrap this afternoon, Fox promised that the billboards had been taken down, and explained, "In our enthusiasm to show the villainy of the character Apocalypse we didn't immediately recognize the upsetting connotation of this image in print form."

Unfortunately, as is generally the case with complaints about media portrayals of women, a contingent of Twitter users were more outraged by the poster's backlash than by the poster itself. Some went so far as to say that violence against Jennifer Lawrence was actually a solid selling point for a movie. What a world we live in.

-------

So if it were some female creature choking out one of the male x-men, would they complain that it`s portraying females as villains?... speaking of that I`m surprised they are not complaining it`s called x-men not x-imnotgenderspecific

http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/3/11855618/x-men-apocalypse-mystique-strangle-poster-fox-apology

Fox has apologized for a widely reviled promotional image for X-Men: Apocalypse, which shows Oscar Isaac's Apocalypse strangling Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique.

Actress Rose McGowan spoke about the image on her Facebook, and in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, she said, "There is no context in the ad, just a woman getting strangled. The fact that no one flagged this is offensive and frankly, stupid." She continued to challenge 20th Century Fox directly, asking, "Since you can't manage to put any women directors on your slate for the next two years, how about you at least replace your ad?"

Feminist site The Mary Sue also criticized the image saying, "This poster reinforces a narrative that commandeers and reduces women into a position of helplessness through violence."
In a statement to The Wrap this afternoon, Fox promised that the billboards had been taken down, and explained, "In our enthusiasm to show the villainy of the character Apocalypse we didn't immediately recognize the upsetting connotation of this image in print form."

Unfortunately, as is generally the case with complaints about media portrayals of women, a contingent of Twitter users were more outraged by the poster's backlash than by the poster itself. Some went so far as to say that violence against Jennifer Lawrence was actually a solid selling point for a movie. What a world we live in.

-------

So if it were some female creature choking out one of the male x-men, would they complain that it`s portraying females as villains?... speaking of that I`m surprised they are not complaining it`s called x-men not x-imnotgenderspecific

Rose McGowan.... it's deep coming from a woman who only got acting jobs because of her tits/look. She sure helped moving the women equality movement forward. ROFL

http://missourieducationwatchdog.co...how-would-ccss-sels-address-such-a-situation/

Seriously, her voice...I'm against violence but I'd love to see her get socked in the face right about now.

deleted-tweet-nielsen.png

Gawker, Fry voice, you are a white male check your privilege main argument.

and meh cultural appropriation that make no sense.
Because it is American who made the image of the Hawaiian dancing girl....

Cultural marxism is strong here.

Holy fuck.

Milo a fucker le chien avec le Alt Right.

Milo fuck le chien avec tout le monde, il dit absolument n'importe quoi. Va écouter la première fois qu'il est allé au Podcast de Joe Rogan. That kid is a fucking clown. He keeps saying he's got a black guy fetish and he fucks black dudes like they were going extinct, yet he thinks it's super fucked up that black people could be gay and when he fucks them he imagines that he is pulling them out of their hetero misery. He's a tool.

Je suis d'accord avec concernant la génération snowflake mais tous le reste est totalement grotesque.

He says he is religious, but won't admit he believes in any sort of god because he mostly hangs out with people who don't give a shit, but says he is religious because he wants right wing friends to give himself some leverage. He's just another allegedly jesus loving opinion peddler like Steven Crowder (arguably more interesting and level headed guy) and Gavin McIness (complete imbecile, self proclaimed alcoholic and drunk driving enthusiast who goes to church eeeeeevery sunday)

Besides Christina Hoff Sommers, all the big "alt-right" names are nothing to me.

All these names have been on the Podcast. Crowder and Sommers were good, they other two were embarrassing.

EDIT : The golden one is also a tool. How can you take any of this seriously? He's like a 4 year old's idea of what a grown up white supremacist is supposed to look like.

Last edited:
Milo fuck le chien avec tout le monde, il dit absolument n'importe quoi. Va écouter la première fois qu'il est allé au Podcast de Joe Rogan. That kid is a fucking clown. He keeps saying he's got a black guy fetish and he fucks black dudes like they were going extinct, yet he thinks it's super fucked up that black people could be gay and when he fucks them he imagines that he is pulling them out of their hetero misery. He's a tool.

Je suis d'accord avec concernant la génération snowflake mais tous le reste est totalement grotesque.

He says he is religious, but won't admit he believes in any sort of god because he mostly hangs out with people who don't give a shit, but says he is religious because he wants right wing friends to give himself some leverage. He's just another allegedly jesus loving opinion peddler like Steven Crowder (arguably more interesting and level headed guy) and Gavin McIness (complete imbecile, self proclaimed alcoholic and drunk driving enthusiast who goes to church eeeeeevery sunday)

Besides Christina Hoff Sommers, all the big "alt-right" names are nothing to me.

All these names have been on the Podcast. Crowder and Sommers were good, they other two were embarrassing.

tu a vue juste.

sans oublier les tshirt qui vent de BBC....

Rien pour le cash qui faait ça.

Does the t-shirts say "Insert hetero black guys HERE?"

Tout le monde exagère de tout bord tout côté. Even alt-righters have no idea what they're about. They are like a political gamergate. All they know is they don't like forced multiculturalism, which I can get behind, and they don't quite like the stiff ass GOP who thinks a cluster of cells is a human being. They are center right, plain and simple. They are trying to draw a hard line through a bunch of shit they can't even agree about among themselves like abortion and religion, but there is no line to draw, so everyone wants to rock the alt-right like a badge, but you put them all in the same room and they argue all night. It's another social media circle jerk.

Milo speaks more sense than golden phag today (obviously the alt-right is MORE western centric than race centric), but tomorrow he's gonna say something fucking retarded that makes the golden one look like a sound minded scholar.

Having a discussion with these people is near impossible because you never know when they are being serious and when they'Re fucking around.

It's almost like a Bill Hicks routine

Last edited:
read on a comment on fb about vegans vs meat lovers, video abour a guy that acts like vegans but with meat

"This offends me as a vegan transgender hipster Native-American-Indo-Chinese hybrid alien agnostic-atheist German engineer who vapes fairtrade organic decaffeinated compressed and hydrated extra-protein soy breast milk on the regular and does Hindi Kama Sutra naked crossfit yoga 5 times per week. I'm also a nonbinary trigender genderqueer male feminist and identify myself as a pastafarian pansexual genderfluid Apache helicopter dog of mega multi alpha beta gamma delta omega combo god of hyper death who's in a polygamous polyamorous relationship to the chihuahua which helped me cross the border of Mexico because it hates Donald Trump. My dog also walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an ignorant arrogant homophobic gender-assuming globaphobic bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender pansexual bestial sexist racist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased objectified raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian."

no better comment has ever been written on the internet... lol

read on a comment on fb about vegans vs meat lovers, video abour a guy that acts like vegans but with meat

"This offends me as a vegan transgender hipster Native-American-Indo-Chinese hybrid alien agnostic-atheist German engineer who vapes fairtrade organic decaffeinated compressed and hydrated extra-protein soy breast milk on the regular and does Hindi Kama Sutra naked crossfit yoga 5 times per week. I'm also a nonbinary trigender genderqueer male feminist and identify myself as a pastafarian pansexual genderfluid Apache helicopter dog of mega multi alpha beta gamma delta omega combo god of hyper death who's in a polygamous polyamorous relationship to the chihuahua which helped me cross the border of Mexico because it hates Donald Trump. My dog also walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an ignorant arrogant homophobic gender-assuming globaphobic bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender pansexual bestial sexist racist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased objectified raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian."

Yup, I think that pretty much sums it up

Il a presque eu un meltdown IMO...

La première fois d'APLOMB. Embarrassing shit.

Quand Rogan a commencé à lui poser des questions sur la religion il s'est pris la tête à deux mains et a dit dans une voix ultra whiny de petit enfant contrarié "hhhhgggnnn I'm not gonna win this one am I?" et il a continué à s'ostiner avec alors qu'il savait qu'il avait l'air d'un tabarnak de bouffon.

Gimme a fucking break.

Ça pis les histoires avec sa mère... "daddy issues spotted"

La deuxième fois était pas mal boring. C'est décourageant qu'autant d'attention soit donné à une telle sous-merde.

Back