Help me find a car...

patrickd_21

So someone hit me about a week ago and my car is a write off. I just got my issurance money and I'm having a hard time finding something I like. Here are my criteria:

-Budget: Up to $17 000 (Tax in)
-Year: 1990-2012
-Mileage: 60 000km - 140 000km
-Doors: 2, 4, 5 doesnt matter
-Seats: 4 seater or more
-Drivetrain: AWD or RWD
-Transmission: Manual (I'll make an exception for auto if its a newer auto)
-Displacement: Under 4L
-HP: Minimum 250HP
-Required options: Leather, Heated Seats

-Background requirements: This will be my daily driver...I have a track car, so I'm looking for something thats nice, but it doesnt need to be a track monster. Also I'm planning on starting a family in the next year so it needs to accomodate at least 1 baby seat. For the time being, I'm looking at 335xi's, and Infiniti G37X's. I'm looking for something reliable seeing as I already have one project going, no need for another. I will probably only do wheels, suspension and maybe an exhaust to this car, but i really dont want to be wrenching on it every other weekend...

If you have something for sale that meets this criteria, feel free to shoot me a pm

What would you guys suggest?

Last edited:
where is reliability in you criteria list?

Will suggest an MK5 golf R32. It's not manual, but it has the dual clutch transmission that is nice. it's only 240hp, but it might still be interesting considering it's light weight.

Audi A4 B7 3.2, 255hp

Volvo S60R, 300hp

BMW E90 330i/330xi, 255hp

where is reliability in you criteria list?

Will suggest an MK5 golf R32. It's not manual, but it has the dual clutch transmission that is nice. it's only 240hp, but it might still be interesting considering it's light weight.

Audi A4 B7 3.2, 255hp

Volvo S60R, 300hp

BMW E90 330i/330xi, 275hp

Reliability is very important to me. I already have one project with the track car, I dont need 2 lol.

R32 might be interesting. I've already owned a S60R (well a V70R, but same thing) and the reliability was terrible lol

E90 pre-LCI is ugly as sin imo.
if BMW and reliable has to be in the same sentence, E90 328xi LCI

but the G37 is a solid choice too

ML63 AMG with pneumatic suspension

e5c7bee8df981ea7d7fc2df70bd68c535651eea7

Srs:

e60 535xi, newest and best condition you can find for the money.

If you are probably looking for a VW 3.2, you might find interesting looking into an A3 3.2 DSG Quattro. Space, AWD, power, sounds and reliability.

So someone hit me about a week ago and my car is a write off. I just got my issurance money and I'm having a hard time finding something I like. Here are my criteria:

-Budget: Up to $17 000 (Tax in)
-Year: 1990-2012
-Mileage: 60 000km - 140 000km
-Doors: 2, 4, 5 doesnt matter
-Seats: 4 seater or more
-Drivetrain: AWD or RWD
-Transmission: Manual (I'll make an exception for auto if its a newer auto)
-Displacement: Under 4L
-HP: Minimum 250HP
-Required options: Leather, Heated Seats

-Background requirements: This will be my daily driver...I have a track car, so I'm looking for something thats nice, but it doesnt need to be a track monster. Also I'm planning on starting a family in the next year so it needs to accomodate at least 1 baby seat. For the time being, I'm looking at 335xi's, and Infiniti G37X's. I'm looking for something reliable seeing as I already have one project going, no need for another. I will probably only do wheels, suspension and maybe an exhaust to this car, but i really dont want to be wrenching on it every other weekend...

If you have something for sale that meets this criteria, feel free to shoot me a pm

What would you guys suggest?

Too bad your budget it too low because I'd have an ATS if I had to get a family car right now. You can have a 2013 ATS turbo (270HP) for about 22k or so.

Good options above...otherwise I also came across a 2009-210 Audi A6 3.0T

Any common issues? How are they on reliability...(I know about the waterpump, thermostat issues on the 2009's)

Back