M3 TPMS light wont reset

MattRC51

Hey guys,

I have this weird problem where my TPMS light won't reset in the dash. All my tire pressure is fine and I tried to recalibrate the system as well as per the manual.. Still no luck.

From what I understand these cars use the ABS sensors to read the wheel speed ? What could it be ??

Car is a 2003 E46 M3.

Thanks in advance..

maybe one of your tpms is no good , try disconnect the batterie for 20 min and reconnect it to see if it will go away , if it's come back you should go check if one of your tpms is bad , did you change your tire recently?

I'm not sure about the E46's, but the American E90's use TPMS sensors while Canadian E90's use ABS sensors. I suggest you first confirm if E46 use TPMS or ABS sensors...

From what I gather they are ABS sensor indeed.

I did not change tires.

Could used Rear trailing arm bushing impact readings enough to cause this type of issues ?! I mean, ABS is still working fine.. (and didnt trigger DSC and other shitload of lights, so I presume the sensor is good).

From what I gather they are ABS sensor indeed.

I did not change tires.

Could used Rear trailing arm bushing impact readings enough to cause this type of issues ?! I mean, ABS is still working fine.. (and didnt trigger DSC and other shitload of lights, so I presume the sensor is good).

couldn't tell but I dont think so that a bushing would do that.... that's wierd....go drive it and retry to reset it

Last edited:
Ok so I guess after re-adjusting the psi's and re-re-resetting the system... it worked!
Go figure.. Only thing I can see is that the higher PSI (40 with cold tires) would increase enough when the tires are warm that it would trigger the sensor threshold...

Back