ApplePay maintenant disponible pour MC/VISA avec RBC/CIBC

http://www.financialpost.com/m/wp/b...ig-five-sign-on-for-major-apple-pay-expansion

Depuis aujourd'hui, les cartes MasterCard & VISA de RBC & CIBC fonctionnent sur ApplePay au Canada. TD & BMO vont suivre le mois prochain.

Toujours aucune nouvelle de la BNC ici au Quebec.

J'ai hate de pouvoir toute laisser mes cartes de credit a la maison!

J'utilisais ma carte de credit RBC sur mon Android, c'etait ben cool les 2 premieres semaines, puis apres j'ai abandonné ca.

Sur android, c'est long, tu dois authenticate puis ensuite faire le paypass, les gens en arriere de la file chialent, etc. des fois ca marche pas, c'est rejeté puis tu dois attendre un certain délai pour re-essaye la transaction (a cause du auth process sur le telephone), etc.

En bout de ligne, je prend le pay pass sur ma carte de credit pis that's it.

I don't get all the fuss. I've been using NFC payment on my phones for 2+ years. The problem I find is that the service is spotty at most retailers

J'utilisais ma carte de credit RBC sur mon Android, c'etait ben cool les 2 premieres semaines, puis apres j'ai abandonné ca.

Sur android, c'est long, tu dois authenticate puis ensuite faire le paypass, les gens en arriere de la file chialent, etc. des fois ca marche pas, c'est rejeté puis tu dois attendre un certain délai pour re-essaye la transaction (a cause du auth process sur le telephone), etc.

En bout de ligne, je prend le pay pass sur ma carte de credit pis that's it.

Exacte, sauf que là c'est apple...Ca va juste fonctionner.

Flame%20Suit.jpg

lol elle est là la différence entre Android et Apple, one just works.

Je traine 2 cartes + Interac. Une au cas où elle serait compromise pis elle me sert de carte Costco aussi en plus de ma carte principale de tous les jours

si c'est pas Goofy qui le dit, je vous crois pas.

It will just work.

Just like samsung pay will work soon and also android pay.

Faut juste que le terminal accepte payement par nfc.

By the way est ce que samsung pay/ android pay marche au Canada?

It will just work.

Just like samsung pay will work soon and also android pay.

Faut juste que le terminal accepte payement par nfc.

By the way est ce que samsung pay/ android pay marche au Canada?

non, les banque ont refuser android pay au début, tout comme le CRTC a refuser project fi.

Depuis que je navigue sur redflagdeals je ramasse tous les deals de CC et je suis rendu avec 4 cartes :(
Mais je ne suis pas prêt à laisser mes cartes à la maison, paypass c'est déja bien assez vite.

I've been using apple pay since it first became available and American Express was on it in Canada.

That being said as much as I'm in no way an Apple fanboy, it works amazing... two seconds tap/finger print and VOILA!

Problème avec AMEX cest que depuis que Costco a arrêté de la prendre, il restait juste le Mcdo pis Starbucks #USA!USA!USA!

Problème avec AMEX cest que depuis que Costco a arrêté de la prendre, il restait juste le Mcdo pis Starbucks #USA!USA!USA!

Amex told fuck off to Costco in the US as well...

fact of the matter is Amex was using Costco (10 years ago) as a platform to create visibility in Canada by giving Amex cards to Costco members
that obviously was a failure and Amex lost money in those 10 years. Amex wanted people to use those cards outside of Costco as well, but like most cobrand cards, that doesnt work

now Amex is offering the same rate as Visa/MC for small merchants to create visibility (which is what they should have done 10 years ago)... now you have Global Payments and Moneris already offering the new rates to merchants

but to answer I was using it at Pharmaprix/Jean Coutu also at hardware stores or Canadian Tire, gas stations as well if you were going in to pay

and btw guys, leaving your cards home ? restaurants dont take tap payment (pretty rare actually) except for Tim Hortons/Mcdo type places... not every industry or business is setup for tap

gas station next to my place actually refused for me to pay with apple pay because it was "possible fraud" ... I laughed at him and paid with my card instead

Mes cartes fonctionnent pas encore, et j'ai cancelé ma Amex en décembre! J'aurais aimé l'essayer!!

b5e31455904f5238e72d081bb538411a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using apple pay since it first became available and American Express was on it in Canada.

That being said as much as I'm in no way an Apple fanboy, it works amazing... two seconds tap/finger print and VOILA!

Have you tried using it with the passcode instead of fingerprint ?

Apple pay is used to replace pay pass , so does it mean u can't for example buy a 800$ item with it cause pay pass has to be 100$ or less ?

Have you tried using it with the passcode instead of fingerprint ?

Apple pay is used to replace pay pass , so does it mean u can't for example buy a 800$ item with it cause pay pass has to be 100$ or less ?

You cant use your passcode for ApplePay, it is way too insecure compared to fingerprint (which is not 100% foolproof either btw)

Right now, banks are cautious and are limiting this to 100$ like PayPass. Eventually, chances are they will lift the maximum limitation once they realized that this form of payment is MUCH more secure and fraud rates will dip like crazy.

LOL Amex.. My terminal won't even accept it if you tried!

Within the year end, every terminal/merchant services provider will be offering the new Amex rates to every small business. You'll end up paying the same rate as a premium Visa/MC card which the Amex compares to anyways.

If ever you're curious or looking to change providers, I work in that industry (not on the merchant side myself, but I'll put you in touch with someone)

I don't get all the fuss. I've been using NFC payment on my phones for 2+ years. The problem I find is that the service is spotty at most retailers

The problem is not the phones, but the NFC chip on the payment terminals.

I'm using the RBC version since it became available via the Pay and Touch API(android pay is not available in canada)(before you had to have a "approved phone" and a NFC sim card....after enough complaining, a year later, they just switched to the API that google opened up for everyone instead), and the only terminals that i have no problems with consistently are the Moneris terminals and the touchscreen ones used by Maxi/Loblaws/Provigo (all the same company anyway), it seems that their NFC chip are close enough to the screen that even with the case my phone has no problem with them.

The others terminals ? Especially those sold/loaned by Desjardins ? To make it work, I often have to remove my phone from it's case (I have a nexus 5X with the stock case from google store), and even then, it can take 2 or 3 tries sometimes....

Back