Most WTF shit ever. I think I have super smart ants!!!

sspikey

Legacy Member
This is by far the first time I see this. I recently started seeing a few ants around. Naturally, I purchased a few traps. What I came home to 24 hours after setting the traps blew my mind...every traps was surrounded by piles of sawdust, hair and other dirt.

I cleaned it all up and they did it again! This is a pretty new condo so I assume the sawdust is the leftovers from construction.

It really looks like the ants are trying to warn others not to eat this stuff! I have little black ants (not sure on the exact breed) and have seen 3-4 carpenter ants over the past few weeks.

http://imgur.com/a/hjDwv

So any reccomendations as to what I should be doing? Searched google and found nothing!

I used raid ant traps and ant out liquid. Worked great, I had no more ants after a week. Just drop a few drops on parchment paper because it gets hard and sticky when it dries

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Le gars pense que ses fourmis sont intelligente....

In fact:

-Hey dude check y'a un bar!!
-Ouias mais la pas le temps on a ramassé un beau grain de sable...
-On s'en criss drop le grain de sable la pis on rentre au bar...

Le gars pense que ses fourmis sont intelligente....

In fact:

-Hey dude check y'a un bar!!
-Ouias mais la pas le temps on a ramassé un beau grain de sable...
-On s'en criss drop le grain de sable la pis on rentre au bar...

Another explanation could be they have some sort of ant messiah/super hero that warns them of ant traps.

902476-ant-man-collectible-set-of-3-13.jpg

Same for me here.....the ant "traps" with the holes did nothing. As soon as I bought the LIQUID raid, boom, all was wiped out in a few days.

Moi a la place je tue pas les araigné dans ma salle de bain ... J'en ai pas mal moin.

Une des araignée ces crissé direct ou il passe. Je l'aime bin elle.

Ouais c'est quand même interessant comme phénomène. Moi j'ai mit des trappes et les fourmis sont tombé dans le piege. So pourquoi les tiennes sembles être ''intelligente'', c'est très curieux.

Moi a la place je tue pas les araigné dans ma salle de bain ... J'en ai pas mal moin.

Une des araignée ces crissé direct ou il passe. Je l'aime bin elle.

My trick is the same as you, I keep spider alive even if I hate them, they are my best friend against zerg invasion

What you have OP, is a case of protectionist ants. They don't saw your trap is made in China and they are boycotting it.

Try local organic traps made by leftist gender neutral hippies. And they know ants as they demand equality and no wage gap between humans and ants. Ants are suckers for those things.

C'est pas juste que le stuff est collant et quand ils rentrent et sortent ca rend le plancher collant pis comme tu fais pas souvent le ménage ca s'accumule?? :dunno:

I use borax + honey + water to make it more liquid... Drop some on the floor where they come in. It worked great this year. 2 weeks and they seem all gone.

Back