Greatest BMW of all time?

Jelly_Belly

So i was watching drive this morning where they talked about their favorite BMWs throughout the years and I wondered what MR's fav Beemers are.

Said video in case any of you are interested.

I always loved the E60 M5, something about a V10 in a 4 door sedan is just ridiculous. I always love it when german manufacturers slap bonker engines in "normal" looking cars. Plus it gets the signature M handling which is incredible considering how heavy this thing is.

2m6o7ds.jpg

6036837718_08ab5445cb_o.jpg

BMW-M5-E60-V10-Hochdrehzahlmotor-S85.jpg

I spent a decent amount of time thinking what my fav model was (the 3 or so minutes i took me to write up this thread) and despite the great models BMW has manufactured in the past, i honestly think bmw is hitting their peak now, all their current products are bang on IMO. The I8, M-series, X-series. Everything BMW is releasing is just pure quality.

Enough of me rambling.

Discuss!

Je n,ai malheureusement pas pu conduire tout les modèles mais la première fois que j'ai essayé une E46 M3 j'ai fait comme wow c'est ca le char parfait. Superbe mélange de performance/confort et facile à vivre comme auto de tout les jours.

I've only ever driven an E30 and a 2011 328xi, but this is my favourite Bimmer ever:

2001+ with the S54 engine
bmw_z3_1998_wallpapers_6.jpg

Honourable mention:

E30 M3
E46 M3
E39 M5
E34 M5 Touring

Personally, I think BMW is going downhill since ~2006.

^^

Pfft and you don't even mention the z4mc, the last true drivers car BMW produced :bigup:

^^

Pfft and you don't even mention the z4mc, the last true drivers car BMW produced :bigup:

I will. The E46 M3 and the Z4M Coupe are my personal favorites. Since the E46 is the OG, I would tend to go with that one but the Z4 is so raw and beautiful, its a though call.

When I saw the Drive video, I spent a considerable amount of time thinking about the matter. BMW produced so many great cars that it's very hard to pick the best one.

The ones that left the biggest impression on me are: E30 M3, E39 M5, E46 M3, Z4M Coupe, E90-92 M3 and the wonderful 1M.

BMW is also the maker of so many great engines, it's incredible.

would say the E46 is pretty badass, it's getting harder to find a clean one though.

But, for me, the best is the euro E36 M3.

^^

LOL woah there, I feel like A LOT of the current bmws are true drivers cars. The m235i and m2 especially. il admit i havent had a chance to drive them but im willing to bet they are very much "true drivers cars"

Last edited:
LOL woah there, I feel like A LOT of the current bmws are true drivers cars. The m235i and m2 especially. il admit i havent had a chance to drive them but im willing to bet they are very much "true drivers cars"

Nhaa sorry m8 but newer turbocharged BMWs aren't any close to the 8000rpm 333hp N/A s54 M3s in terms of "drivers car"...

They are probably faster, they might pull like crazy on the highway after a flash and some bolt ons, but it isn't the same game at all in terms of "drivers car".

Were talking about drivers cars and you are there talking about a BMW that has the LSD listed as an option lol really?

bmw-2002_775.jpg

la 2002
elle a definie ce qu'est une BMW , a donne le style que BMW a eu pour les 30 annees suivantes et sans elle BMW n'aurait jamais passe a travers les annees 70

Back