Gord Downie Tragically Hip frontman diagnosed with terminal brain cancer

Agreed, always found they had a different and unique sound, seems like he is going to tour with them one last time this summer. I can't even imagine how emotional those shows are going to be. Def buying tickets if they come to Montreal one last time.

My friend is completely obsessed with Gord Downie... he's going to be pretty bummed out today. Very unique singer and performer, I don't think there are many people that had as much fun on stage as him. Damn...

going to host a small viewing party tonite for the TV premier of the documentary.Then watch his last concert again, with the same buddies I have seen the HIp with for the past 20 years....

This is my favorite band and his passing is really sad...53....damn

Lotsa of memories, great music- a true canadian Icon....

Merci! J'ai programmé mon récepteur. Sur CTV à 20:00.

Ce matin en allant faire mon jogging, j'ai mis mon lecteur MP3 en mode "shuffle" de toutes les chansons d'artistes divers et les deux premières ont étés Opiated et Nautical Disaster. J'ai eu un p'tit frisson.

J'ai passé mon secondaire 3 en 1990 à écouter Up to Here à tous les jours en allant et en revenant de l'école. J'ai passé deux cassettes. J'ai dû en acheter une troisième que j'enregistrais sur des cassettes vierges pour ne pas l'user....

Jpogne pas ctv :( jsuis encore très triste ... J'ai porter mon t shirt des hips 2 fois de suite cette semaine... Sans le laver.

watched Long Time Running last night with a few buddies- just like the old days.
Music is timeless and the docu is pretty intense.
Can't believe he found the energy and will to perform while dealing with cancer. He is a true Canadian hero......

today I will listen to the HIP all day.

Oh yeah , at the shop this week, even the young ones who play hip hop music normally, decided on their own that Gords music was more appropriate... I had a smile.

Back