Biggest Police Operation in Toronto, ever, today

Ronin

Legacy Member
Single biggest 1 day mass arrest ever in the history of Toronto and maybe of Canadian history (after the Week-end of the G-20 summit). All of that to stop people from selling funny flowers... aka weed.

Public fund very well invested when we are just around the corner from legalization and/or decriminalization.

Try to wrap your head around the amount of money spend on police man hours to collect all the court orders to raid the dispensaries, all the money that will be spent on prosecuting close to 400 people. What the fuck do they think they will achieve??

I found most of my info by reading the news feed from Marc Emery because news paper are not covering this much now. Probably waiting for the news conference from police tomorrow.

INB4 organized crime says thanks
INB4 oligarchs trying to seize the market says thanks

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/05/26/toronto-police-launch-project-claudia-pot-raids
TORONTO - Giant bags of weed locked in police cruisers, young people in handcuffs inside dispensaries, signs that say �Closed� or �Closing.�

This was the very public face Thursday of Project Claudia � an effort by Toronto Police to crack down on stores selling medical marijuana over the counter.

Police wouldn�t say how many marijuana dispensaries were raided across the city over the lunch hour, how many people were arrested or the charges.

Officers were seen at dispensaries on Queen St. W., in Kensington Market, and along the Danforth.

More details are expected to be rolled out at a press conference Friday morning at police headquarters. A protest against Project Claudia is expected to be held outside HQ at the same time.

Word of the long arm of law enforcement sweeping in spread like wildfire among marijuana enthusiasts and advocates online.

That�s how Justin � he didn�t want his last name used � learned about the raids.

The 30-year-old immediately went to check on his brother, who he says has been working at the Queen St. W. location of Eden for about a month.

�He just smiled at me and waved at me as they were bringing him downstairs but he had handcuffs on,� Justin said, concern apparent on his face as he looked through the glass front of the dispensary.

He says he uses medical marijuana himself, and finds it �a little hypocritical� to have a crackdown with marijuana legalization on the horizon anyway.

�I don�t have to wait for it to come in the mail,� he pointed out.

At dispensaries, patients can smell and touch the product, he added.

�It�s like I either do that, or go to a guy that sells cocaine and God only knows what else, and buy marijuana, and I don�t want to go to a person like that,� he said.

Almost everybody who walked past Eden � which had a police officer standing by as people sat in handcuffs inside � expressed surprise or disbelief at the crackdown.

Marijuana activist Jodie Emery rushed over as soon as she heard what was happening.

�Dispensaries are operating with peaceful civil disobedience,� she stressed. �They�re not legal but they�re not causing harm. They�re breaking the law in a way that demonstrates the law is unjust.�

The only reason medical marijuana was legalized, she added, is because decades earlier �dispensaries opened up, got arrested, went to court, and changed the laws.�

According to Const. Caroline De Kloet, the investigation �targeted various locations that have been identified as trafficking in marijuana outside of the marijuana for medical purposes regulation.�

Outside a shuttered dispensary on Kensington Ave., Jamie Carlton called the investigation �a waste of time.�

She says she works for a Toronto dispensary that doesn�t operate as a storefront, but declined to disclose its name.

�It just wasn�t the right approach. They need to come in with some rules, regulations,� Carlton said of the raids.

The city sent warning letters to landlords recently, notifying them that marijuana storefronts are breaking a zoning bylaw.

Queens of Cannabis owner Brandy Zorburg said their landlord received one last week. They were not raided Thursday but shuttered their doors in an effort to protect their patients.

�If they arrest me, that�s all right, we�ll just go to court about it and if that�s where they want to take it, fine,� said Zorburg.

1297840018809_ORIGINAL.jpg

1297840018865_ORIGINAL.jpg

1297840041746_ORIGINAL.jpg

Oh, I think him and his cronies trying to seize the market via regulation are rolling a big fat one right now and celebrating their campaign against the people...

1297840018809_ORIGINAL.jpg

c'est le bag de weed de Kuhmar !

PS Ronin de quesse que t'as prit pour faire ton copier coller ???

¿½If they arrest me, that�s all right, we�ll just go to court about it and if that�s where they want to take it, fine,� said Zorburg.

Sandro la bite ne serait pas fier de toi

Honestly have you been to Toronto in the past few months? It was getting completely out of hand, from my understanding these are only suppose to sell to people with medical needs but shit they were just selling to anyone.

It's the same thing as vapeshops, there's a hole in the legislation so every joe blow is rushing in to make some quick cash. The last thing I would want is to see dispensaires on every other corner as if they were dépanneurs.

C'est drôle pcq j'arrive du Mexique et j'ai passé la semaine avec un agent double de Toronto qui me disait qu'il allaient être dans le jus en revenant pcqu'ils étaient sur un gros coup lolol. Maudit que la planète est petite.

Honestly have you been to Toronto in the past few months? It was getting completely out of hand, from my understanding these are only suppose to sell to people with medical needs but shit they were just selling to anyone.

It's the same thing as vapeshops, there's a hole in the legislation so every joe blow is rushing in to make some quick cash. The last thing I would want is to see dispensaires on every other corner as if they were dépanneurs.

I had heard it was getting a bit overwhelming but I don't see a problem from moving money out of organized crime's hand to put it into "Joe Blow's" hand.

Huge waste of fucking time..........how about instead of busting honest product providers that people want AKA theres a DEMAND for it ( weed sellers) , why dont they spend that much man hours $$$ on busting people who STEAL billions from the fucking public; aka Lise Thibault, Mike Duffy, senators, Mayors, Construction owners etc...

and make sure they increase those fucking months-long sentences for white collar crime AKA slap on the wrist.

feel bad for them, but you knew it was bound to happen even if on the last day before it goes legal, they;d do this

Huge waste of fucking time..........how about instead of busting honest product providers that people want AKA theres a DEMAND for it ( weed sellers)

Well, there is a demand for Coke and Heroin too. Shall we allow this too?

How about hitmen for hire, there is also a demand...

Strange logic, yours is...

And don't worry, we spend millions chasing white collar gangster. Unfortunately, it is much harder to catch and prove their crime than following pothead to his dealer.

no matter what anyone says its still a SEMI legal thing to open shops ... its a drug game , you live by the sword you die by the sword. so many of these are popping up around towns
and whos to say that the shop isnt owned by organised crime ??? be logical every successful dealer with a option to open a shop and charge 15$ a gram will do it , for the medicinal purpose or not

its a dark side of the moon type of thing ...

Quand j'entend les point PRO legalisation pis je dis.... hmm c'est vrai pas mal ce qu'il dit

.. après ça il parle de legaliser COke, shrooms, heroine.... la je dit WTF !
Faut surtout pas legaliser les shrooms , toute mes pas les shrooms sivoupla.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Je comprend que la légalisation du weed s'envient (probablement), mais wtf le monde on déjà commencé à ouvrir des boutiques bien à la vue de tout le monde sans cacher quoi que soit et en affichant au grand publique qu'ils vendent du weed?!?! Est-ce que j'ai bien compris ou je suis dans le champs?

Parce que si vraiment c'est le cas, comment courrir après le trouble lol belle esti de gagne de crayons pas aiguisés ca...

Je comprend que la légalisation du weed s'envient (probablement), mais wtf le monde on déjà commencé à ouvrir des boutiques bien à la vue de tout le monde sans cacher quoi que soit et en affichant au grand publique qu'ils vendent du weed?!?! Est-ce que j'ai bien compris ou je suis dans le champs?

Parce que si vraiment c'est le cas, comment courrir après le trouble lol belle esti de gagne de crayons pas aiguisés ca...

There's money to be made, and let's be honest the government is probably going to highly control who can and can't open a pot shop, so these people are hoping that they can be grandfathered in when legislation get's passed. I also doubt that these people are all getting their weed from Health Canada authorized growers.

People already know that you won't be allowed near schools, parks, community centres etc, so they're staking their claim on a territory. This kind of shitty behaviour makes me think a government monopoly might be the preferred model.

Well, there is a demand for Coke and Heroin too. Shall we allow this too?

How about hitmen for hire, there is also a demand...

Strange logic, yours is...

And don't worry, we spend millions chasing white collar gangster. Unfortunately, it is much harder to catch and prove their crime than following pothead to his dealer.

He didn't really imply that everything with demand should be legal. Pot is rather innocent compared with alcohol and physically harmless compared with tobacco. I won't even compare it to coke or heroin.. The only reason pot is illegal in most of the world is because of American propaganda over the past 100+ years.

I also doubt that these people are all getting their weed from Health Canada authorized growers.
(...)
This kind of shitty behaviour makes me think a government monopoly might be the preferred model.

That's some strong statist and monopolistic opinions there. This "model" would still result in a ton of illegal operation, the continuity of the prohibition, war on drugs and the a prison system that will always disfavor the disfranchised.

For the record, I am for the legalization of all drugs... coke, LSD, heroin, shroom you name it. It's the best way to curb actual dangerous basement chemical drugs from getting into people's body and insuring proper education about them.

Read the studies and books from Dr. Carl Hart, great mind, fresh outlook.

The majority of recreational drug users don’t have a drug problem. So, advocating treatment for such individuals – as if this is a compassionate alternative – is really ignorance parading as compassion.
Dr. Carl Hart

Last edited:
There's money to be made, and let's be honest the government is probably going to highly control who can and can't open a pot shop, so these people are hoping that they can be grandfathered in when legislation get's passed. I also doubt that these people are all getting their weed from Health Canada authorized growers.

People already know that you won't be allowed near schools, parks, community centres etc, so they're staking their claim on a territory. This kind of shitty behaviour makes me think a government monopoly might be the preferred model.

Get grandfathered for what initial right exactly?!?!? It is ILLEGAL to sell weed as far as I know, so wtf are they thinking opening stores that sells weed lol?

Back