Feature Article: Announcing a massive car show & rally at Circuit Mont Tremblant Aug 20. Need MR Army

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
Announcing a massive car show & rally at Circuit Mont Tremblant Aug 20. Need MR Army

Hey guys,

Over the winter I worked on a planning a huge car show & rally that will encompass every type of vehicle enthusiast. I've convinced Circuit Mont Tremblant to rent us the track in order to host the event (no small feat as they don't normally do this). The event will be called Cars on Fire. I've setup a website with some basic information here:

www.carsonfire.ca

Date: Aug 20 rain or shine

At this event I will be planning a Truck show, bike show, exotic car show, meet for every type of car club in Quebec and car brand (much like the forum is dedicated ot sub sectiosn. Each sub-event will have it's own event page and be sponsored by the OEM manufacturer. I plan to do voting for the show via smartphone however this is dependent on an app being ready.

This is the first public announcement of the event and I wanted to do it here first because I would like to ask for MR army's help for the launch. Right now the Facebook page has 0 likes and the event has 0 attendees which looks bad. It would help immensely if I could get 100 forum peeps to join the Facebook event and like the event page.

Event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1090495121016984/

Page:

https://www.facebook.com/Cars-on-Fire-1586946821620365/

Tell me what you think!

From the website:

CARSONFIRE said:
Des clubs d’automobile, de camion et de moto de partout viennent au Cars on Fire. L’événement est conçu pour répondre à tous les types de vehicules motorisés au Québec et des clubs auront du stationnement réservé pour accueillir leurs membres. Voici une liste des clubs qui seront présents:

Car Clubs from all over are coming to Cars on Fire. The event is designed to cater to every type of car and truck enthusiast in Quebec and car clubs will be given special reserved parking to accommodate their members. Here is a list of clubs that are coming:

Low Level

Ladies on Wheels

Certified Sick

High Society

Montreal Exclusive Car Club

Lower District

So Clean

Club Autosport Des Laurentides

Knight Riders Canada

MontrealRacing.com

This will also be going on:

4X4 TRUCK SHOW

La compagnie de roues Fast Série HD tiendra un spectacle de camion pendant Cars on Fire (Trucks on Fire). Venez voir les plus beaux camions au Québec!

Fast HD Series will be holding a truck show during Cars on Fire. Come and see the hottest Truck Trends.

MOTOS / BIKE SHOW

Avec les milliers de voitures et de camions qui seront sur place, l’exposition Bikes on Fire va également avoir lieu. Venez voir les motos les plus chaudes au Québec!

Along with the thousands of cars and trucks which will be on site, the Bikes on Fire show will also be taking place. Come check out the hottest bikes in Quebec!

FERRARI ALLEY

Etant donné qu’on parle du Circuit Mont Tremblant après tout, ce ne serait pas juste s’il n’y avait pas des belles voitures de course sur le site. La piste contient l’un des seuls écoles de conduite Ferrari officielles dans le monde. Venez voir ces supercars qui seront en plein vue.

Since this is Circuit Mont Tremblant after all, it just wouldn’t be right if there weren’t some nice race cars on display. The track is home to one of the few official Ferrari racing schools in the world. Come check out these supercars which will be on full display.

FIRST RESPONDERS ON DISPLAY

Des recruteurs de la police, pompiers et les forces canadiennes seront sur place avec des informations sur la façon de rejoindre! Amenez toute la famille, car cela est un événement parfait pour les enfants avec beaucoup de choses à regarder.

Police, Firefighter and Army recruiters will be on site providing info on how to join! Bring the whole family as this is a child-friendly event with lots to look at.

EVENTS:

SHOW AND SHINE CHOISI VIA SMARTPHONE / SMARTPHONE VOTING
La partie Show and Shine de l’événement sera unique parce que les votes ne seront acceptées que via smartphone sur les lieux. Voici comment cela va fonctionner:The Show and Shine portion of the event will be unique because votes will only be accepted via smartphone on the premises. Here is how it will work:

Tous le monde peut soumettre leur vehicule pour le show and shine.
Les participants recevront un autocollant avec un code à barres à placer sur leur fenêtre
Pour vous inscrire, le code doit être scanné avec un smartphone en utilisant l’application MontrealRacing.com.
Le participant inscrit son propre véhicule en soumettant une photo prise sur place via l’application.
Le monde peuvent voter pour un véhicule par scanner l’autocollant.
Les votes sont automatiquement comptés à la fin du spectacle.

The Show and Shine portion of the event will be unique because votes will only be accepted via smartphone on the premises. Here is how it will work:

Anyone attending the event is allowed to participate in the show and shine.
Attendees will be given a bar code sticker to place on their window
To enroll, the code must be scanned with a smartphone using the MontrealRacing.com voting app.
The attendee enters his or her own vehicle by submitting a photo taken on the spot.
Anyone walking past can chose to vote for the vehicle by scanning the sticker.
Votes are automatically tallied at the end of the show.

RENCONTRE DE VÉHICULE ENORME / MASSIVE CAR MEET

Au lieu de séparer les exposants et les spectateurs, chaque véhicule qui se présente au Cars on Fire fera partie de l’action. Le but est d’avoir des véhicules stationnés le long de la piste de course afin de créer la plus grande rencontre de voitures dans l’histoire de la province. Ceci est la première fois que Le Circuit Mont-Tremblant ouvert ses portes pour ce genre d’événement et nous avons l’intention de dépasser leurs attentes.

Rather than separate the exhibitors and spectators, every single vehicle showing up at Cars on Fire will be part of the action. The goal is to have vehicles parked along most of the the race track in order to create the biggest car meet in the province’s history. This is the first time Le Circuit Mont Tremblant has opened its gates to the tuner crowd and we intend to exceed their expectations.

LOCALISATION UNIQUE / UNIQUE VENUE

Il n’y a jamais eu ce type d’événement tuning au Circuit Mont-Tremblant avant. Nous espèrons capitaliser sur la riche histoire de course de la piste pour attirer les amateurs de partout. Les voitures seront stationnés tout le long de la piste donc de l’espace ne sera pas un problème! Attendez-vous à voir au moins 50 kiosques et de 3000 véhicules présents! Le plan préliminaire du spectacle est ci-dessous.

There has never been this type of grassroots event held at Le Circuit Mont Tremblant before. Cars on Fire hopes to capitalize on the track’s rich racing history to draw enthusiasts from all over. Cars will be parked all along the entire length of the track so space won’t be an issue! Expect to see at least 50 vendor kiosks and 3000 vehicles in attendance! The preliminary show plan is below.

CMT-areal3.jpg

JOIGNEZ-VOUS À UN RIDE VERS L’ÉVÉNEMENT / JOIN A RIDE TO THE EVENT

Cars On Fire is partnering with the Mega Ride which will have nine starting points in Quebec and Ontario. The riders will finish around noon at the Circuit. Find a local starting point by visiting the MegaRide website here: www.montrealracing.com/megarida

tldr: Megaride has an official ending point/big meet brought to you by Danny.

Not going to lie, when I saw the title of the thread, I was hoping it was an MR related track day but nope. Should be a good time. That said, I have a concern, as I'm sure many others do: with such a massive meet planned, I'm sure police will be notified for security and safety reasons. With the amount that they're cracking down lately, what's the likelihood of them lingering around the area waiting for cars to leave/enter to ticket them. RIP low level club.

inb4Ididnthearofthisevent
inb4Idonthavefacebook

Very interesting! Any chance of having MR stickers made and given out at the MR booth? (im assuming there will be one lol) I've been itching to get my hands on one ever since i joined the forum lol. :D

Invited friends, hopefully I can get some of the srt club together

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Very interesting! Any chance of having MR stickers made and given out at the MR booth? (im assuming there will be one lol) I've been itching to get my hands on one ever since i joined the forum lol. :D

I'll try to give them out to EVERY car there!

I'll try to give them out to EVERY car there!

:eek1: Danny you'll over saturate the market, you should have to prove your a forum member with a retinal scan, blood test, polygraph. MR stickers are super rare!

Also you could hypothetically make people sign up to the forums to get one but that may be a slippery slope.

Cool event and great location, maybe I'm just being a hater but I'm not a fan of the name of the event. Who knows how many ticounes cars are going to burst into flames on the way up to the event.

Cool event and great location, maybe I'm just being a hater but I'm not a fan of the name of the event. Who knows how many ticounes cars are going to burst into flames on the way up to the event.

At least the name is in english. Can you imagine if it was french?

"Chars en Feu"

With enough VWs on site the name of the event will for sure start making sense

IM IN!!!!

Will all the clubs/crews have reserved parking??

Last edited:
At least the name is in english. Can you imagine if it was french?

"Chars en Feu"

If that was the case, 100% of monchar.com would be at the event. Tremblant would be up in flames and we would have our very own Fort Mac.

With enough VWs on site the name of the event will for sure start making sense

IM IN!!!!

Will all the clubs/crews have reserved parking??
Same question here.
If I round up enough SRTs can we have a reserved spot?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back