Killingcivics 1985 Ford Mustang aka Canadian Cobra

Let me clarify, it runs and drives. I saw an opportunity to get a core to build for a good price.
During the summer I will actually rebuild the explorer motor and swap it in.
I actually used to drive this as a daily when I first got it. In theory I could jet the carb, put decent tires on it and drive it as soon as the hatch is finished. After almost 14 years I'm not rushing it and I know if it sits like most projects it won't get finished

Friday should be ready to leave the bodyshop.

14 years I've owned it, never thought it would get this nice. Have a bunch of maintenance to do since it has been sitting for 2 years almost just being moved as stuff was being repaired.

For now re jet the carb, new clutch cable and oil change. Then fluids, better bracing, and the list goes on.

You might wonder why, but there are very few feelings then rescuing something that otherwise would have fallen further into neglect or scrap. I could have bought new cars, done a million other things but car payments on something I don't really care for? Or building my bucket list car for me. 7108865451.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Mercredi j'ai hate. Pis la les chassis mods commence.

Je vais le rouler l'ete un peu mais j accumule plus de stock.

Le char est parti de chez nous le 17 novembre 2020. C'etait longue mais la qualite du travail comparer a des shop wham bam thank you c'est pas la meme chose.

First car wash, have some things to check out. But night and day from where it started.

This winter I will be redoing the dash shell and cover as well as the door cards. Thinking of using the diy Flocking kits to cover up the repairs.PXL_20230805_002431717~2.jpgreceived_1659356411206231.jpg

End of the year. About to go back under the knife.

Roughly 3000kms, engine is very tired but still pulls happily. PXL_20231028_185301420.jpgPXL_20231028_185225952.jpgPXL_20231028_185311386.jpg

No mod motors. As much as I like them I don't like the fit in a foxbody.

Currently building a gt40 explorer motor for next summer. Concentrating on the chassis, handling and brakes. The car will never be a show car but something I enjoy driving anywhere, anytime.

The current engine comes out and I will be rebuilding it with a stroker kit. 331, AFR heads... I'm happy with with 350whp in a car that weighs less then a new civic.

Back