Killingcivics 1985 Ford Mustang aka Canadian Cobra

My bodyguy likes suprising me and making a shitty week excellent.

I never thought I would get this done. And well thanks to some good friends the biggest hurdle is clearing the way.IMG_20220121_133716.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

A friend of a friend knew the guy who sold it to the previous owner. I found him on messenger and have been sending pics but he never read them until today.

It was his father's, he had inherited it and had needed some money getting married so he sold it to the previous owner who promised to keep it in good shape. .....yeah

He had given up hearing about it again and figured it was scrapped or worse.

He is going to pass by at some point with a bunch of old pictures and stuff from when he had it.

Needless to say it was a good day.

Bonus pic from 1999.received_487621346323705~2.jpg

Is it going to stay mostly stock ? I mean its probably going to keep a better value the less mods you may have

Is it going to stay mostly stock ? I mean its probably going to keep a better value the less mods you may have

Resale doesn't matter, the car has already had a different engine, trans, and diff. It has subframe connectors, recaros, the hood, and a bunch of other stuff done to it

Eventually a blower or a coyote in the future.

Resale doesn't matter, the car has already had a different engine, trans, and diff. It has subframe connectors, recaros, the hood, and a bunch of other stuff done to it

Eventually a blower or a coyote in the future.

#Lsswaptheworld

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I'll go blower for added fun.

Coyote swap is crazy expensive! I look it up when I had my last LX notch and man it's not a cheap swap....plus add the parts shortage and price increased!

I'll go blower for added fun.

Coyote swap is crazy expensive! I look it up when I had my last LX notch and man it's not a cheap swap....plus add the parts shortage and price increased!

Honestly it's about 10-12k$ all in. I have a couple sources of coyote truck motors but add controller and tr3650, subframe, etc etc it adds up. All in due time. This year gt40 heads, clutch, tune my new to me Quickfuel, cam and lifters.

I like the bumper sticker '' not built for your approval''

Summer car = make it your own!
Stock resto = Boring

I like the bumper sticker '' not built for your approval''

Summer car = make it your own!
Stock resto = Boring

Exactly stock my car would be single exhaust, black, with a 302 with piss poor performance fron terrible heads and headers that look knee bent. Nope no thank you.

Received some more stuff to advance along after the body shop.

Straight out of Saquenay

Weld in subframe connectors and my torque box bracing.

No the jeep isn't for sale.received_727554911587258.jpg

Le front scream Capri !!
Je te souhaite de la conduire rapidement et longtemps! après tant de temps d'attente tu le mérite!

Le front scream Capri !!
Je te souhaite de la conduire rapidement et longtemps! après tant de temps d'attente tu le mérite!

C'est un projet de longue terme. I am enjoying bringing it back. I'm ok with the time it takes. Some people are obsessed with having the newest and greatest I still like to think I build my ultimate car. We are a dying breed but I'll die happy.

Back