Laser Eye Surgery - 2016 edition

altivec

Legacy Member
I know there has been thread about this but they haven't been updated since 2014. I am looking to get my eyes corrected (-5.75 in both eyes).

I see there:
Lasik MD
LaserVue
FocusVision
Michel Pop
IRIS

Also you have choice in technology like PRK/Lasik/Laser/RelexSmile.....

My brother went to LasikMD and is quite happy about it, i know their pricing is 3500$ for the custom Lasik.
PRK seem to be outdate (correct me if am wrong) and RelexSmile well it seem recent and not much data about FocusVision are the only one doing it and that since 2015 and also they are in business since only 2008 while other if anything wrong well have proven business since over 20 years (LasikMD and LaserVue).

I know a lot of people here went to Lasik MD, anyone got input on FocusVision ?

Also they say's Lasik for sports isn't the best, if you get hit around the eye they might be higher risk of rupture or i can't remember want exactly.

Did LasikMD last month, -6.50 in both eyes. I got the custom wavefront for $3500, includes a lifetime guarantee. The cost is tax deductible on your income tax return.

The entire process (consultation, surgery, recovery) went great. I am seeing 20/20 and have had no complications. Really impressed at the result and definitely worth the follow-up.

There is a follow up 24 hours, one week, and one month after the surgery. You need to use drops for 5 days after surgery. On my one week follow up, they told me to keep using the drops for another week due to some dryness in the eye.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Did LasikMD last month, -6.50 in both eyes. I got the custom wavefront for $3500, includes a lifetime guarantee. The cost is tax deductible on your income tax return.

The entire process (consultation, surgery, recovery) went great. I am seeing 20/20 and have had no complications. Really impressed at the result and definitely worth the follow-up.

There is a follow up 24 hours, one week, and one month after the surgery. You need to use drops for 5 days after surgery. On my one week follow up, they told me to keep using the drops for another week due to some dryness in the eye.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Est-ce qu'il y a des "side effects" genre halo, sensibilité etc... moi je suis -3.75 dans chacun de mes yeux, vision assez stables mais je suis réellement tanné des lunettes.

Tu peux le faire si tu as de l'astigmatisme? J'en ai pas mais je sens que je suis probablement sur la limite

did Lasik in December, went super well, also took the 3500 lifetime warrenty option, was -4 on both eyes, still have halos, but they get progressively small, you will ALWAYS have halos. I was lucky to have very wet eyes. and yes, no sports for 6 months (with a possible eye contact of course) so I had to give up boxing, but played dek hockey with glasses...

Je l'ai fait y'a 8 ans chez Lasik MD au centre-ville et aucuns halos pourtant.
C'est vrai que les biscuits sont bons entk.

LasikMd 7 years ago Custom laser lifetime warranty

more sensitive at sunlight than i used to be
glare at night might be worse than it was before, not sure

no regrets thought, maybe the cheap no warranty 1400$ would have been a better choice, but wtv...

ALthough, rich people all tell me LASIK MD is for the homeless, Go to LaserVue i guess they might be better but i would not know why

I went for the cheap non-custom Lasik, cost me 1800$ including 1 year warranty.
No problems, 20/20 since then. Both the doctor and the optometrist said I didn't need to spend for that 3500$ custom Lasik.
I really appreciated their honesty
Really happy with the results.

I wonder if the lifetime warranty is worth every penny but I assume the results are different for everyone.

I was looking to do the surgery as well, might go to LasikMD and ask for a quote...

Moi ca va faire 10 ans... j'étais -8.5 des deux yeux.
J'y suis retourner l'an passé pour un refresh car je sentais ma vue pas aussi bonne.

Finalement c'était juste mes yeux qui était sec. J'ai mis des goute pendant 1 semaine et j'ai toujours 20/20 après tout ce temp.
En plus mon rendez-vous il me l'ont meme pas charger. À date j'ai vraiment eu un bon service et je le recommande a tout le monde.

Verre de contact/Produit relier/Lunette... beaucoup moins de dépense au total. Rien a dire. Ca vaut en masse le 3700$ (déductible d'impot)

deductible d'impots, ca marche comment? t'es pas cappé à une deduction de ~$1,000 si tu fais genre 75k / année?

Moi too j'ai ete chez Lasik y'a 3 ans. Le meilleur 3500$ depenser a vie. Ma vision etait pas mal semblable a OP.

Le seul effet secondaire que j'ai c'est que la nuit on dirait que ma vision "defocus". Quand je conduit disont sur l'autoroute pi que y'a pas de char a sens inverse toute les tailligth vont etre embrouillees. Aussitot que je croise un char pi que mes yeux voigne des headlight (lumiere blanche) ma vision redevient parfaite.

Aucun halo ou sensibilite/secheresse pi selon les examens passe chez Lasik j'ai des yeux plus sec que la moyenne.

^^^^ Le premier 1000$ est pas deductible d'impots

quand je parle de Halo, c MINIME, tout le monde voit comme ca
zeiss-andsuddenly.jpg
right side is before, left is after! I still call that haloish! :p screen and tv's don't send the same light specter, so for me, no halo's in those.

as for price, they also told me I really didn't need the premium option... BUT IT'S MY EYES WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!!! lol they would have told me there's a better version for 10000 that you really really don't need, I would've taken it lol :p

en 2007 avec chirurgie vision (francis roy, best in canada!)

les 2 yeux a -3, couté 2800$

Aujourdhui jvois encore bien sauf le soir quand jsuis fatiguer jtombe les yeux sec facilement

This is mostly for high myopia, but don't forget that laser doesn't really fix the problem with your eyes (out of shape, too long). It's just like having permanent contact lenses. So your eyes remain out of shape, and you're still at risk for all sorts of problems, such as retinal detachement.

There are other ways to actually reverse your myopia and get your eyes back into their normal shape.

I have very high myopia and I'm following one particular method that works. In a year I've reversed 1.5 (including asthigmatism). The method averages 1 point per year. It's slow, but at least it works and it properly fixes myopia so you can reverse the risks of complications associated with myopia.

This is mostly for high myopia, but don't forget that laser doesn't really fix the problem with your eyes (out of shape, too long). It's just like having permanent contact lenses. So your eyes remain out of shape, and you're still at risk for all sorts of problems, such as retinal detachement.

There are other ways to actually reverse your myopia and get your eyes back into their normal shape.

I have very high myopia and I'm following one particular method that works. In a year I've reversed 1.5 (including asthigmatism). The method averages 1 point per year. It's slow, but at least it works and it properly fixes myopia so you can reverse the risks of complications associated with myopia.

please elaborate?

Lasik MD 3500$ lifetime warranty 2 years ago.

Had some astigmatism and myopie.. everything is gone !

Happy with the results !

Back