GTI Clubsport, best ever sadly limited to Europe

allroad

Always liked the GTI, especially the MKVI and MKVII. Still the best bang for the buck. The Clubsport is the pinnacle at this time, and yes only available as a manual.

Good read on http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/volkswagen/vw-golf-gti-clubsport-s-2016-review/

db2016au00354_large.jpg

Limited to 400 cars worldwide, the Clubsport S winds the GTI's 2.0-litre turbo's power up to 306bhp (even more than the awd Golf R), carries some substantial chassis tweaks, loses a fair bit of weight (some of it by chucking away the rear seats), and has recently garnered the coveted lap record for a front-wheel-drive production car at the Nurburgring Nordschleife. Which, appropriately enough, is where we've tested it...

The power hike, from 261bhp in the Clubsport to 306bhp in the Clubsport S, comes largely from a larger, freer-breathing exhaust system. For the first time on a modern VW performance car, the speed limiter's been removed, allowing the S to hit 165mph flat-out – a figure that would be higher were it not for that big rear spoiler.

All that power flows through the regular GTI's manual gearbox rather than the DSG auto, since the dual-clutch 'box's extra weight would have negated its quicker shifts.

Aside from losing the rear seats, some of the sound deadening material has also been deleted, as has the variable-height boot floor, and an aluminium front subframe has been fitted. The net result is a claimed 1360kg kerb weight.

La genre de ''bibitte'' qui te fait chier sur la piste avec ton gros setup lol .

C'est triste qu'elle ne soit pas disponible ici

i want a 2016 base cloth seat stick Performance PKG GTI ... why doesnt VW make one just for me !

This im sorry to burst everyones bubble, but it would be Golf R price or more , while being FWD... it would not do good in canada IMO

i want a 2016 base cloth seat stick Performance PKG GTI ... why doesnt VW make one just for me !

This im sorry to burst everyones bubble, but it would be Golf R price or more , while being FWD... it would not do good in canada IMO

There are many cars "classified" as not good for Canada yet they sell.

I agree you are in Golf R territory in terms of pricing, but this car would find homes in North America. There are enough enthusiasts out there...

I'm sure it is significantly faster than an R. It might be a fwd, but modern differentials can work magic. The increase in power and lack of weight would probably make it run circles around an R.

I'm sure it is significantly faster than an R. It might be a fwd, but modern differentials can work magic. The increase in power and lack of weight would probably make it run circles around an R.

For sure, it would be on a track, keep in mind in Europe (well it used to be) all GTI are lower and i think even stiffer, due to some regulation here or something

just that the majority of people like mefor the same price would trade 1,5 sec slower on Gilles Villeneuve track for AWD

If it was a "pusher" awd I'd be in the same boat, but it uses that rear assist system, so it only really kicks in when it detects slip. A fwd with training wheels.

Le marché canadien ne représente qu'une goûte d'eau dans l'océan. Probablement que le marché de la Californie est plus important que celui du Canada au grand complet. Donc si la demande aux USA n'est pas la, on ne la verra pas au Canada c'est certain. Anyways, qui voudrait d'une GTI strippée au prix d'une Golf R.

Back